What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely colors. I would've never thought to put orange and purple together. I made a tiger swirl soap with cucumber melon fragrance.
Thank you! I'd say the color is more pink than orange in person. You're tiger stripes look great! And I bet they smell amazing.

Someones got to stop me. between quarantine and being bedridden with a back injury, Im spending way too much money on Amazon and Etsy. I just bought a single bar cutter. Im retiring my cheese slicer because i need precise cuts.

View attachment 46566
So sorry about your back injury. I broke my ankle in two places and started doing the same thing. I even started replenishing my yarn stash. Your bar cutter is beautiful!

Cut these! Despite all the things that went wrong making the batch, they look pretty neat (Even if the mica on top is too much) and preliminary testing shows that they'll perform well.
2020-06-01 17.51.05.jpg

2020-06-01 17.51.19.jpg

Last edited:
No soaping here, but I did put together a couple of orders. Still up in the air about markets, so I have been working on "Bucket List". I ordered working on learning to read crochet charts and tatting. Also crocheting a couple of really neat intricate pocket belts for my Granddaughter and a long Pineapple skirt. So no soaping.

I did a Bastille using Zany's Faux Seawater. I'm a beginner and this is probably the first time that I'm happy with the swirl on top. I also ordered a copy of "Soap Throughout the Ages" by R Lucock Wilson from 1952 to quench my thirst for soaping history.

Attachments

• SaltyWet1.jpg
    SaltyWet1.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 23
  • SaltyCut.jpeg
    SaltyCut.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Salty2020.jpeg
    Salty2020.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I did a Bastille using Zany's Faux Seawater. I'm a beginner and this is probably the first time that I'm happy with the swirl on top. I also ordered a copy of "Soap Throughout the Ages" from 1952 to quench my thirst for soaping history.
That is a lovely top!

I made white wine soap to go with the red wine soap I made a couple of weeks ago. I'll post pics tomorrow, when I cut it.

I finally found that recipe for that soap I mentioned last page. Both bars were made with 50% olive oil. They are almost 3 years old and they both get slimey, one more than the other. Definitely revamping that recipe and made some notes. I think I might swear off clays in soap too.

Last edited:
I finally found that recipe for that soap I mentioned last page. Both bars were made with 50% olive oil. They are almost 3 years old and they both get slimey, one more than the other. Definitely revamping that recipe and made some notes. I think I might swear off clays in soap too.
Your bum will thank you for it ;-)

I ordered working on learning to read crochet charts and tatting.
I thought you meant a different kind of tatting (tattooing) at first... :D

I am hoping to make stuff this week but the weather turned hot so it's uncomfortable to work in the soap dungeon (it's really not that warm in there, mid 70's, but you know how it goes when you're moving around and working with warm ingredients, and I don't tolerate heat to start with...). I need to make foot scrub, face scrub, and the last two soaps for my aloe lineup: eucamint, and lavender martini - although I'm rethinking the lavender martini as I've made it once and it developed DOS before it got off the cure rack. I'm suspicious of the FO causing it, as I made several soaps from the same batch of MB oils, same lye bottle, same aloe juice, only difference was the FO and colorants. I may make a smaller batch to see if it happens again and go from there. Then I need to start embeds for some fun soaps that I have planned for the fall/Christmas season. And finally decided I have researched lotion enough and I'm ready to start making it.

Latest posts

Back