What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. But I had enough of everything I needed to pour a small batch into cavity molds with a nice fresh EO mix of rosemary, sweet orange, litsea, and just a dab each of lavender and peppermint. Right now, it smells mostly citrusy and fresh. :)
I'm so intrigued by this combo and have all of those EOs. Can you compare it to another scent since the interwebs haven't figured out how to send scents yet.
I just made soap using orange 10x From brambleberry. I used clay for sticking power. Does anyone know if this has sticking power? Just went to cut my soap this morning and I think it needs a couple more hours. It has orange peel powder in it.
I use orange 10x from brambleberry and it lasts a very long time.

I got it on Etsy from a seller in Canada. Her stamps look pretty cool and she has great reviews. My stamp should ship tomorrow and she always sends you a picture of the impression it makes before she ships. I'll post it once I test it out
I bought some custom made stamps from Ali express and they were nice.

I unmolded my soaps from two days ago and am quite happy with them.
Here's one of them, and some more are in my media.
1590703174231.png

I'm so intrigued by this combo and have all of those EOs. Can you compare it to another scent since the interwebs haven't figured out how to send scents yet.
@Zing I can't detect the lavender or peppermint at all, and somehow the orange and lemony litsea tone down the strength of the rosemary EO. I do adore rosemary (fresh, dried, EO), but it can be overpowering in some combos - not at all in this one. I wish I could offer more description than citrusy and fresh, but I got nothin' for ya. Using only EO blends, I can't compare it to any FOs for you, sorry.

I started out planning to use the Herbal Citrus blend from EOCalc.com, but I knew I didn't want that much peppermint, and I actually ran out of lavender. Best I can remember was about 25% rosemary, 40% sweet orange, 30% litsea, and 5% each of peppermint and lavender.

One of my friends thought it reminded her of some cleaning products, but she said that wasn't a bad thing. ??

Let me know when someone invents the scratch-n-sniff screen, ya? :D

I cut up a confetti soap that I made a couple of days ago. I sacrificed a bar from a batch that didn't quite turn out like I wanted it and made soap curls out of it for the top. This probably wasn't a great idea as the bar was almost completely cured and it was difficult to make the curls withough having them break. The confetti is all trimmings from previous batches. Scented with Black Raspberry Vanilla.

Attachments

• ConfettiCut2.jpeg
    ConfettiCut2.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 11
I made DB soap last night, and it was the most perfect soap session ever. Nothing accelerated, everything hung out exactly like it was supposed to, colors behaved like they were supposed, the fragrance is amazeballs... and though I might have a "bit" heavy handed with the gold mica mixed in oil on top of the soap, I still made everyone in the house come look at the perfection that was my soap top. [they were unappreciative. We'll see what they think about not getting fed for the next week...] I had planned to do an Ione Swirl, but the soap consistency was amazing, so I did a drop swirl. It's not often I can do a drop swirl with my recipe, so I'm super excited to see the cut.
DB_top.jpg

I made DB soap last night, and it was the most perfect soap session ever. Nothing accelerated, everything hung out exactly like it was supposed to, colors behaved like they were supposed, the fragrance is amazeballs... and though I might have a "bit" heavy handed with the gold mica mixed in oil on top of the soap, I still made everyone in the house come look at the perfection that was my soap top. [they were unappreciative. We'll see what they think about not getting fed for the next week...] I had planned to do an Ione Swirl, but the soap consistency was amazing, so I did a drop swirl. It's not often I can do a drop swirl with my recipe, so I'm super excited to see the cut.View attachment 46471
We're excited to see the cut too!! Keep us posted!!

I just made soap using orange 10x From brambleberry. I used clay for sticking power. Does anyone know if this has sticking power? Just went to cut my soap this morning and I think it needs a couple more hours. It has orange peel powder in it.
When I made soap with lemon powder the lemon smell was strong at first then faded, but made a good exfoliate that wasn't harsh.

Someones got to stop me. between quarantine and being bedridden with a back injury, Im spending way too much money on Amazon and Etsy. I just bought a single bar cutter. Im retiring my cheese slicer because i need precise cuts.

View attachment 46566
You and me both! I told myself just this weekend that I absolutely need to stop buying soap stuff. I have enough right now! I just bought a stainless steel mitre box because I too need precise cuts. I can't cut straight to save my life and I can't use the cheeseslicer with MP.

So of course, I realize today that I'mout of TD and will need to buy more for future soap projects I have planned. 😆😂

Today I tried a new recipe, and a new fragrance oil formulation, and made a LOT of mistakes(and a mess). But at least the top is kinda pretty? I need to work on my mica sifting skills.

2020-05-31 21.01.59.jpg

Latest posts

Back