What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a wonderful HP soap with oatmeal, honey, orange juice, yogurt, cashew milk, kaolin clay, silk and Cocoa Butter for my superfat. Picture included.

Attachments

• BABE882C-D291-4E87-A3D4-7FF2C69B4058.jpeg
    BABE882C-D291-4E87-A3D4-7FF2C69B4058.jpeg
    14.8 KB · Views: 63
I haven't posted in forever but I got the soaping bug again :computerbath:

This soap was super fun to make. For the bottom part, I tapped some finely ground coffee into the mold and then I poured the white soap on top of it. The top color is made from a combination of cocoa powder and mesquite honey. The EO blend includes Sage, Cedarwood, Bitter Orange, and Bergamot.

View attachment 44431 View attachment 44432
View attachment 44443
So, after bringing my attention to my uneven cutting and hearing some feedback comments from you-all that were helpful, (thank you) I cut all that lavender soap (54 bars) sooooooo well and evenly. It is the best I have done. I may have to give up my crown as trapezoid queen one of these days.

It will be trimmed up, stamped with a pretty gold stamp and wrapped in handmade or recycled paper. They (customers) won't see it until they get home and by then they will just bury their noses in it. I think the wrapping paper just holds the scent and makes it more apparent. The goat's milk softens the camphorus edge of the lavender in a nice way, too.
Your sops look beautiful. I like your curing station that you use. I’ve been trying to figure out what to use. I was considering a triple tier cookie cooling rack but the plastic ones you use are more to my liking.

Wow, wow, wow, this is some gorgeous soap, you are a girl after my own heart! Did you use milk cartons to get that shape?

I have an acrylic mold with liner that I got a few years ago, and I cut my soaps to 1.5"x1.5x ~3.5-4" :)

Today I checked on my tea tree soap that’s in the curing room and chopped off some of the huge block of cocoa butter. I need to whack it down into smaller portions and seal for storage.

Today I checked on my tea tree soap that’s in the curing room and chopped off some of the huge block of cocoa butter. I need to whack it down into smaller portions and seal for storage.
I sometimes take the time to grate the whacked off hunks and while it's a bit of a pain to do it, the payoff is in the easy measuring and quick melting in the future. I use cocoa butter in everything I make, so it's ususually worth it to me. I killed one food processor doing this, so now just do it by hand.

I want to make soap! Got a pkg from Nurture soap yesterday...5 pastel micas and 3 fragrance oils; Afternoon Tea, Aromatherapy and one called White Tea and Pear, I think. They all smell great...Maybe tomorrow there will be time to soap!

I want to make soap! Got a pkg from Nurture soap yesterday...5 pastel micas and 3 fragrance oils; Afternoon Tea, Aromatherapy and one called White Tea and Pear, I think. They all smell great...Maybe tomorrow there will be time to soap!

I recently got the afternoon tea from (NS) and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! The soaps I made with it are a few weeks old. It’s a light smell but it’s lovely and I hope it lasts cause this will be a keeper for me if it does!

I have bought Afternoon Tea before, and really liked it! I think it would be good for men, too. I am new to soap making so am trying about 3 new scents each month. I wish I could find just one perfect all purpose scent, but so far that has not happened.

Last edited:
I sometimes take the time to grate the whacked off hunks and while it's a bit of a pain to do it, the payoff is in the easy measuring and quick melting in the future. I use cocoa butter in everything I make, so it's ususually worth it to me. I killed one food processor doing this, so now just do it by hand.

Thanks for the tip. Putting the food processor back on the shelf. I’ll continue to grate it bit by bit.

I made banana soap last weekend with no EOs or colorants. I used 10% of the oil weight in ripe banana purée and a 1.5:1 water to lye ratio. I just love the speckles.

Attachments

• EE0C2910-19BF-41BC-94D8-9938553B2A46.jpeg
    EE0C2910-19BF-41BC-94D8-9938553B2A46.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 51
  • EC179558-5266-4FA9-89BB-5AAE909076C8.jpeg
    EC179558-5266-4FA9-89BB-5AAE909076C8.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 49
Back