What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 43971 View attachment 43971 I have been in too much orthopedic pain to stand up long enough to make soap. So I’ve used this forced sedentary period to knit face scrubbies to go with the soap I’ve already made.

Attachments

• 5B5D7D57-175B-4FF0-928F-327548123F3D.jpeg
    5B5D7D57-175B-4FF0-928F-327548123F3D.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 6C25608B-0D93-4EC4-BB4A-5F1EE968BDE3.jpeg
    6C25608B-0D93-4EC4-BB4A-5F1EE968BDE3.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 44
I've never tried them with polyester, I've always made them with cotton. I crochet mine.
I make some in cotton, too using a yarn by Red Heart called Scrubby Cotton. The polyester Scrubby Yarn is also made by Red Heart. They say it can be used as an exfoliating face scrub or a dish scrub!

I added 3 more shelves to my drying rack. I bought a 3 tiered shelving unit ($22) at Home Depot last week but wanted more shelves, so today I went back and bought another and added just the shelves to the original one. It’s perfect for what I need. It’s only 3 ft tall and I have it on top of a dresser in my bedroom. Currently I have cardboard lining the shelves but may change that soon. Im pretty happy with it. :) My bedroom smells heavenly btw...

Attachments

• 2A601FDE-75D2-4943-8F58-BDC7CFC7A7AA.jpeg
    2A601FDE-75D2-4943-8F58-BDC7CFC7A7AA.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 36
I cut my first attempt at February's challenge. It's not bad, but it's not as swirly as I wanted. Then I made a batch of beer soap with orange and patchouli EOs. I'm going to call it Brass Monkey. My EOs were delivered yesterday and I can't wait to start experimenting!

Those are so cute. Are they like an envelop or are they a drawstring to keep the closed?
Thanks! They’re just little knit squares, like mini wash cloths. I knitted with two strands of yarn at a time.

As if face skin and dish surface had comparable texture and dirt to remove ?!?
I know, right? I guess it depends on how heavy a hand is used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are gorgeous soap tops. What gives the Cool Citrus Basil its cool, scent wise?

Nice! I like those colors together.

Having been through numerous major home renovations, I feel your pain. You will end up with good stories to tell and when you find the missing stuff, it’s like finding buried treasure :).

I miss you, too @Marilyn Norgart.

and I hope @runnerchicki finishes unpacking her boxes soon!

@Mobjack Bay I'm as unpacked as I'm going to be for a while. I have two rooms left to do - but I keep pretending I don't know those rooms exist. :D

A few days ago I unpacked a box and found a batch of bastile soaps that made over the summer. I had completely forgotten about that batch so it feels like instant gratification for me. They seem to have weathered their captivity quite well - I immediately put one to the test and it lathers great and smells divine.

@Mobjack Bay I'm as unpacked as I'm going to be for a while. I have two rooms left to do - but I keep pretending I don't know those rooms exist. :D

A few days ago I unpacked a box and found a batch of bastile soaps that made over the summer. I had completely forgotten about that batch so it feels like instant gratification for me. They seem to have weathered their captivity quite well - I immediately put one to the test and it lathers great and smells divine.
Does that mean you’re unpacked enough to make soap :hippo:.
I moved into my current home in 2013 and I still have boxes that I never unpacked :).

View attachment 43971 View attachment 43971 I have been in too much orthopedic pain to stand up long enough to make soap. So I’ve used this forced sedentary period to knit face scrubbies to go with the soap I’ve already made.
Soooo sorry to hear that you’re still in pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I unmolded my February challenge soap today but it's a bit too squishy to cut yet. Argh, more waiting!

Like @runnerchicki I also unpacked a moving box and found some tiny soap pieces I had long ago set aside as embeds. They were from my epic fail for the dancing funnel challenge (for a good laugh see https://www.soapmakingforum.com/thr...-funnel-entry-thread.71221/page-2#post-723672!) and will make much better embeds than soaps. I had to laugh at the moving box. My wife and I are highly organized people but by moving day we were scrambling. The soap was in a box labeled "Printer paper, gardening seeds, etc." WTH?!

Does that mean you’re unpacked enough to make soap :hippo:.
I moved into my current home in 2013 and I still have boxes that I never unpacked :).

:lol: I unpack the first 90% within a few weeks. The last 10% takes years. Because by the time I get to that point I just don't care anymore LOL.

I could make soap - but I don't NEED soap lol. I am thinking I need to learn to work with soap dough. That should keep my productivity low (I have very little artistic talent/skill ) so I would have the benefit of doing something soapy, while learning something new and not making soap at a faster rate than I can use it or give it away. :D

:lol: I unpack the first 90% within a few weeks. The last 10% takes years. Because by the time I get to that point I just don't care anymore LOL.

I could make soap - but I don't NEED soap lol. I am thinking I need to learn to work with soap dough. That should keep my productivity low (I have very little artistic talent/skill ) so I would have the benefit of doing something soapy, while learning something new and not making soap at a faster rate than I can use it or give it away. :D
Soap dough is a bold move, or you just need smaller molds :p

Misschief, those look like mine with the puffs in them. I just recently finished a shawl with heaps of those puffs in them, I can honestly say I know how to do them by now :).
Yup, practice makes perfect, right? We should start a thread for knit/crochet projects; I'd love to see your shawl.

Back