What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made deodorant and my first liquid soap.

Aww - such a shame you had to force yourself to eat some tater chips! ;)

I made this Lime, Lavender and Ebony soap today. here is is just poured:
View attachment 43908
Smells a bit like cat pee :eek:
Looks great! Hope it doesn't smell like cat ogre when it's done!

Attachments

• 20200212_215231.jpg
    20200212_215231.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
Another soap in the mold. A Valentine's soap order delivered. Had a lightbulb moment that I can MB lip balm base and save myself a ton of work. (You can laugh at me, I'm kind of laughing at myself too.) Filled out show applications. I have a few other projects in the works that I'll share as I go along.

I do not care for either scent, to be honest. But, she loves them. I used peppermint on a 2:1 ratio to the lavender. It smelled too "what the heck is that?" with a 1:1 ratio. This way it is peppermint with a hint of the lavender.
I mixed lavender and Spearmint with a 1:1 ratio and it was very pleasant to me.

Working on perfecting this pour. View attachment 43920
Uh, what's to perfect?!

Happy Valentine's Day, soapy friends! (And happy birthday to our youngest who turned 21 years old today, the best Valentine Day gift my wife ever gave me. Yesterday he fit on one arm and now I have to look up at this young man!)
We got supper tonight at an Iraqi deli/grocery store (because we still have no kitchen!!) tonight and bought Aleppo soap! I have been so curious about Aleppo soap for a long time and can't wait to try it.
I replenished my oils supply, Aldi is my good friend.
And am planning my colors and scent for the February challenge -- yikes, have you seen the competition?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cut my banana / bamboo / green musk soap. I use my own original combinations of scents. This one turned out great and smells like a jungle. Too bad I can't sell it until spring! I also got some interesting oils in the mail from WholesaleSuppliesPlus and am planning an elaborite dragonfruit rose black and red geometric pattern melt-and-pour for this weekend.

View attachment 43907
I love making my own scents!! Do you use wsp's fragrance formulator oils? I have a few, but they can be expensive!!

I made soap today for the February challenge -- fingers crossed, it was one of my most challenging. For those bored with or new to my kitchen saga (we bought a house with no kitchen and moved in in October and have been 'camping' ever since), today was the last day before construction so I didn't care if I was messy or dripped on the floor. Yay, we will get a kitchen soon, but I'll have to put off making soap for many weeks. Today I got the lye mixed up and oils melted and then discovered I had no charcoal colorant -- another thing to join the long list of "things we lost in the move" -- so made a quick trip to the pharmacy. The delay meant I soaped at room temperature, a first for me. The mold is gelling and resting under covers.

A few of Today's soaps. Autumn Leaves bottom left, Tobacco Leaf & Amber Bottom right, Bonsai on top, the other two are Dragon's Blood, and I did get one more done. Cool Citrus Basil (Peak)View attachment 43878 View attachment 43879

Those are gorgeous soap tops. What gives the Cool Citrus Basil its cool, scent wise?

Cut my Lime, Lavender and Ebony. I guess it's not really like cat pee. It's just that I don't really care for it. It's a bit astringent for my liking.
View attachment 43918

Nice! I like those colors together.

I made soap today for the February challenge -- fingers crossed, it was one of my most challenging. For those bored with or new to my kitchen saga (we bought a house with no kitchen and moved in in October and have been 'camping' ever since), today was the last day before construction so I didn't care if I was messy or dripped on the floor. Yay, we will get a kitchen soon, but I'll have to put off making soap for many weeks. Today I got the lye mixed up and oils melted and then discovered I had no charcoal colorant -- another thing to join the long list of "things we lost in the move" -- so made a quick trip to the pharmacy. The delay meant I soaped at room temperature, a first for me. The mold is gelling and resting under covers.

Having been through numerous major home renovations, I feel your pain. You will end up with good stories to tell and when you find the missing stuff, it’s like finding buried treasure :).

Hey, @Marilyn Norgart , where've you been? Hope all is well, miss you,

I miss you, too @Marilyn Norgart.

and I hope @runnerchicki finishes unpacking her boxes soon!

Thanks for asking! This was poured down the side of the mold, one pass at a time. I used a piece of plexiglass and it was not as effective, but far less messy.
Were these individual molds? I love these colors! Nice job :)

Back