What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[QUOTE = "shunt2011, post: 812567, membro: 7117"] Estou confuso por você ter adicionado ou refrigerado aos óleos ... você quer dizer uma soda cáustica? Além disso, a -40 SF, ele deve disparar até ficar curado por algum tempo. [/ CITAÇÕES]
Olá, [USER = 7117] @ shunt2011 [/ USER]

Sorry for the confusion, English is not my native language.
I was referring to lye and the translator played this trick on me.
I believed in the considerations of the people who tried this soap in the post I referred to, I believed and tried (I'm a chicken) and there was really no Zap even with a negative SF of 40.

Last edited:
A few of Today's soaps. Autumn Leaves bottom left, Tobacco Leaf & Amber Bottom right, Bonsai on top, the other two are Dragon's Blood, and I did get one more done. Cool Citrus Basil (Peak) 20200210_171233[1].jpg 20200210_171331[1].jpg

I just Got the last of my ingredients finally! I now have to turn my office into my soap factory! Lol!! I’m going to attempt to making a cucumber soap. Fingers crossed all goes well.
Please report back on how it went, and let us know what's cucumber-y about it. Juice? Fragrance oil? Chunks? Powder?
I've only done the FO, but did intend to use the juice once....pureed and strained and froze it, then couldn't identify what it was in the ice cube trays a few months later. It became VERY fragrant and actually infiltrated other things in the freezer. We love cucumbers in my family but it turns out the children will NOT eat intensely cucumber-smelling Eggo waffles....

Since Saturday I have packaged 36 bars of soap, handled almost 95lbs of oil (36lbs were MB into buckets, the remainder was portioned out into bags to make MB easier), and I've made 3 batches of soap. I did a citronella cedarwood EO (trying to use up my EO's, and I know those two will stick) with yogurt & honey. I also did an annatto seed infusion to get a nice yellow color. I'm very happy with this soap, even if it is stinking up the entire basement. I made two soaps for the brewery (I have 6 more to go, I really need to have hubby make me more T&S molds). One of them is my personal favorite beer and soap - it's an easy ombre layer soap, and I think I get better at it each time I make it. The other was a new beer with a stab at the Ione Swirl for the challenge. Waiting to see the cut on that guy, I suspect my colors did not land where they were supposed to.

Tonight will be squeezing in some dishes doing, hopefully cutting soap, and boiling up beer for the next batch. I forgot to add salt to my lye water and I can really tell the difference when I tried to unmold it. I'm letting it air a bit more before attempting to cut it. So I will probably start adding the salt to the beer when I boil it just to make sure I don't forget lol. Over lunch today I'm mailing an order, and filling out applications for shows. I'm hoping to get into 3 big shows that I have never done before... major nerves about this, but I've proven to myself that everything (bad) that I think might happen never does. Worst case is that I sell out. Wouldn't that be sad! bahaha

Unmolded my Chicken and Egg soap. I did cookie cutter cutouts of chickens and egg shapes and stacked them in a column mold and then poured soap in the mold to fill in the gaps. When I cut it there should be a chicken on one side of the soap bar and a gold egg on the other if I line up the cuts right. It's also a combination soap with the chicken being made with charcoal, and the egg being made with Tumeric. I want it to firm up a bit more before I cut it. It still feels sticky.

Unmolded my Chicken and Egg soap. I did cookie cutter cutouts of chickens and egg shapes and stacked them in a column mold and then poured soap in the mold to fill in the gaps. When I cut it there should be a chicken on one side of the soap bar and a gold egg on the other if I line up the cuts right. It's also a combination soap with the chicken being made with charcoal, and the egg being made with Tumeric. I want it to firm up a bit more before I cut it. It still feels sticky.
That sounds amazing! Please do show the cut.

Please report back on how it went, and let us know what's cucumber-y about it. Juice? Fragrance oil? Chunks? Powder?
I've only done the FO, but did intend to use the juice once....pureed and strained and froze it, then couldn't identify what it was in the ice cube trays a few months later. It became VERY fragrant and actually infiltrated other things in the freezer. We love cucumbers in my family but it turns out the children will NOT eat intensely cucumber-smelling Eggo waffles....

I’ll be sure to let you know how it turns out. The recipe calls for peeled cucumber purée including the seeds. As well as cucumber skin purée. Hopefully it looks similar to the picture shown in the recipe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cut my banana / bamboo / green musk soap. I use my own original combinations of scents. This one turned out great and smells like a jungle. Too bad I can't sell it until spring! I also got some interesting oils in the mail from WholesaleSuppliesPlus and am planning an elaborite dragonfruit rose black and red geometric pattern melt-and-pour for this weekend.

banana bamboo.jpg

I made my 5th batch of CP the other day and unmolded it yesterday. I’m very happy with it. My previous first attempt at swirls we’re just ok. I did an in the pot swirl this time and it came out much better. I used black raspberry FO from BB and mixed Guilty Grape and Flirt mica from Mad Micas. I’m loving the knowledge I’m gaining from this forum. You guys are awesome. Thank you! The result is my profile pic.

Back