What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dropped a bottle of lavender EO in my kitchen and it went all over. I've tried cleaning it up but my house reeks. Any suggestions on how to neutralize this scent or do I just need to burn my house down and start over?
Well, I just snorted my Dr. Pepper up through my nose on that one! No idea, but burning the house is a little drastic.

I spilled an FO a couple weeks ago called Laundry....the description made me think of how your laundry smells when bringing it in after drying on a lovely spring day. Nope, it smelled like Tide or some over-scented Dollar Store product. Even my husband was happy when I opened all the doors and windows in the house. Luckily mine was just on the counter top so once I got rid of the dozens of paper towels and rags AND opened the house up in 30F temps for a couple hours it was at least livable again.

I got my new Bud multi-bar cutter today, just in time to make soap for the challenge...which will be ugly, since I already know I stink at hanger swirls.

I have Spectrum cable to thank for the cutter. I was injured because of the techs negligence and they filed a claim. Their insurance company sent me the paperwork on the claim, and I sent my chiropractor receipts and waited for them to reimburse me. I claimed $350.00 they sent me $1500.00 to go away.

I said fine, I feel better, and I can get a Bud cutter.

I did my first line pour! I was shooting for a bit more white, but I'm excited about how it came out. I'm happiest that the two shades of green came through.

ETA: I should have photographed this in daylight, but I was so happy I just had to share with the forum right now (now being evening here already)!

Attachments

• line pour.jpg
    line pour.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I did my first line pour! I was shooting for a bit more white, but I'm excited about how it came out. I'm happiest that the two shades of green came through.

ETA: I should have photographed this in daylight, but I was so happy I just had to share with the forum right now (now being evening here already)!
That's a very beautiful pour and color combination. What's the fragrance? It would go perfectly with a bamboo teak FO I have;)

That's a very beautiful pour and color combination. What's the fragrance? It would go perfectly with a bamboo teak FO I have;)
Thanks so much!! I'm doing some EO blend testing, so it's a blend of rosemary, juniper, spearmint and peppermint. So far the mints are winning out - even though together they are less than a third of the blend - but I'm hoping the rosemary and juniper come out as the soap cures.

Bamboo teak sounds amazing! Can you recommend one that doesn't accelerate?

Thanks so much!! I'm doing some EO blend testing, so it's a blend of rosemary, juniper, spearmint and peppermint. So far the mints are winning out - even though together they are less than a third of the blend - but I'm hoping the rosemary and juniper come out as the soap cures.

Bamboo teak sounds amazing! Can you recommend one that doesn't accelerate?
That sounds really nice. Mine is from WSP...I haven't used it for a while, but I don't think it accelerated.

Originally just include them in orders but I got a couple of sizes and my husband said they would be cute on soaps. Not sure im going to try that (The bars would have to be pretty big) but they are super cute.
View attachment 43836
I was just curious, I buy hundreds of rubber duckies and sell them at a couple of my markets. Kids and adults both love rubber duckies. Usually my duck sales pay my booth space, but not markets allow them being sold. Tonight is my market I sell my most duckies.

I was just curious, I buy hundreds of rubber duckies and sell them at a couple of my markets. Kids and adults both love rubber duckies. Usually my duck sales pay my booth space, but not markets allow them being sold. Tonight is my market I sell my most duckies.
Makes sense since rubby duckies go with baths. They are near and dear to me since my Dads nickname my entire life was Ducky.

Well, I just snorted my Dr. Pepper up through my nose on that one! No idea, but burning the house is a little drastic.

I spilled an FO a couple weeks ago called Laundry....the description made me think of how your laundry smells when bringing it in after drying on a lovely spring day. Nope, it smelled like Tide or some over-scented Dollar Store product. Even my husband was happy when I opened all the doors and windows in the house. Luckily mine was just on the counter top so once I got rid of the dozens of paper towels and rags AND opened the house up in 30F temps for a couple hours it was at least livable again.
Everything tastes like lavender.
Part of my dismay is I actually don't like the smell of lavender unless it's my actual lavender plant. I only make lavender soap because I have repeat customers that love the stuff. I banish the lavender soaps to the back room to cure whenever I make it because it's so cloying to me.

Originally just include them in orders but I got a couple of sizes and my husband said they would be cute on soaps. Not sure im going to try that (The bars would have to be pretty big) but they are super cute.
View attachment 43836
Do these actually float like a rubber duck should in the tub? I only ask because I bought a bulk order of ducks and they all tipped forward or laid on their sides in the water which didn't suit my purpose. I wanted them to float in my cauldron with dry ice, water, and bubbles so they looked like they were bobbing in all of the bubbles. Instead it looked like I had a cauldron of dead ducks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do these actually float like a rubber duck should in the tub? I only ask because I bought a bulk order of ducks and they all tipped forward or laid on their sides in the water which didn't suit my purpose. I wanted them to float in my cauldron with dry ice, water, and bubbles so they looked like they were bobbing in all of the bubbles. Instead it looked like I had a cauldron of dead ducks.

I tested one of them and it floated upright as it should

Latest posts

Back