What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am waiting for my second batch ever to harden...going on 48 hours. I can see how addicting this could be though.

when you wash stuff, don;t you just do it right away or is it better to wait?
I found that rinsing under cold water straight after pouring works so much better than the next day.

I made a batch of Nag champa with coffee grounds soap and a sandalwood & vanilla. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't make soap but ordered a bunch of supplies... Some EOs I've been saving up for like Neroli, tin cans for a balm I've been testing for about a year, and some dried flowers for the infusions I use in my lotion bars.

Hope to make soap soon.. Need to stock up for end of Feb/early March.

I'm glad I almost sold out on what I stocked for the holiday season - only 3 bars left from different batches. All in all, a good first run of sales since I started selling on IG :)

Happy New Year everyone!! Here's to more soapy things - and friendship - in 2020.

re-making my VD soap--yikes after not making soap for a couple months I seem to forgot how to swirl--spent yesterday watching videos again.

@Zing I wished I would have gotten some patch oil that is awesome!!!!

SO happy for you Dawni--you've worked hard at this (kinda hard to call it work though isn't it?)
Thank you Marilyn! *hugs*

I agree.. Hard to call it work when you're enjoying it.
Although... I'm starting to dislike the labeling and packaging part haha. It's just so.... Repetitive lol

I cut my Karma copy cat soap this morning. I love this mold - the soap is sooooo slick when it comes out.
6DB5B384-EB8D-42C4-9C89-DB58D5FB24BC_1_201_a.jpeg 7F6FC310-1C6C-40A1-B375-5DBDB3D603A1_1_201_a.jpeg

@fancyschmancy

By your own admission, you have only been soaping for a couple of months (your introduction thread even uses the word newbie)

Here’s what could happen: you make a fabulous looking soap (not that difficult to do), and a customer comes and says it doesn’t last long enough, or there are orange spots forming or something else, is it their fault they purchased soap from you that is faulty?

But yes it is your fault for making soap. It is your fault that they want to purchase it. It is you.

So, when you have an issue with your soap, and you can’t solve it and you have unsatisfied customers who have stained laundry and burned skin from your product.... nah, you’ll figure it out because, it’s not your fault they want to buy soap from you and sue you for their bad decision of purchasing poorly made but fabulous looking soap from you.

Cause you know, a customer will buy a bar and not use it right away, they bought it as a gift for a friend’s birthday in six months, lose it and then throw it away because it smells weird and no longer looks fabulous, but hey.,. You are an expert. You know everything, and it’s not your fault for selling a bar to somebody begging to buy a bar from you.

Have fun soaping! You don’t need a mentor! You will fail, but hey it’s not your fault!

Didn't make soap but ordered a bunch of supplies... Some EOs I've been saving up for like Neroli, tin cans for a balm I've been testing for about a year, and some dried flowers for the infusions I use in my lotion bars.

Hope to make soap soon.. Need to stock up for end of Feb/early March.

I'm glad I almost sold out on what I stocked for the holiday season - only 3 bars left from different batches. All in all, a good first run of sales since I started selling on IG :)

Happy New Year everyone!! Here's to more soapy things - and friendship - in 2020.
Congratulations on the good sales and best wishes for 2020!

I cut my Karma copy cat soap this morning. I love this mold - the soap is sooooo slick when it comes out.
View attachment 43208 View attachment 43209
That’s cool looking.

ETA: now that I’ve back tracked through the posts and to avoid trouble with admin let me add that all the soaps you posted recently look great. You’ve certainly been busy :).

Last edited:
That’s cool looking.

ETA: now that I’ve back tracked through the posts and to avoid trouble with admin let me add that all the soaps you posted recently look great. You’ve certainly been busy :).
Ha - don't want to create too much work for @Relle , eh? ;)
Yes - very busy. Stocked up on supplies before Christmas so I didn't have to endure the 'great soaping supplies crisis' of last year's Christmas and New year closure period. I aim to make at least a batch every two days, if not more. All the recipes on my 'to do' list are ones that I'm onto the third time around - so they have been popular. I still want to experiment with my shave soap, and some new food puree recipes, and of course the syndet shampoo bars once my foaming apple arrives from America.

Last edited:
Ha - don't want to create too much work for @Relle , eh? ;)
Yes - very busy. Stocked up on supplies before Christmas so I didn't have to endure the 'great soaping supplies crisis' of last year's Christmas and New year closure period. I aim to make at least a batch every two days, if not more. All the recipes on my 'to do' list are ones that I'm onto the third time around - so they have been popular. I still want to experiment with my shave soap, and some new food puree recipes, and of course the syndet shampoo bars once my foaming apple arrives from America.
That definitely sounds ambitious, but you’re selling so it totally makes sense. Hooray for having a customer base that has favorites. :hippo:

View attachment 43213 Cut my slab of soap.

:)

I forgot to swirl some thin lines I had dropped in with a squeeze bottle, and they look like tiny colored dots, but meh, hardly noticeable.

View attachment 43215

They are scented with a floral fruity pear type scent.
Looks great and smells nice (in my mind :)).

Back