What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sitting here waiting for lye to cool. I am soaping Rainbow Sherbet and have four colours and white.........hope I am not being to ambitious as did read on NG that it accelerates slightly. The oil smells wonderful and a little sad as I am no longer able to purchase it from them...............Maybe I can ask Zen Supplies to bring it in :)

Crazy soaping Lady here lol I need to be up early tomorrow as taking my daughter to Palmerston North for a day of shopping and then dinner for her birthday. Best head off to bed...............My Rainbow Sherbet...........It soaped with no issues. Nite all 79917449_838232806631925_3972678898637864960_n.jpg

I have to clean up some 20+ bars of the soap I made a couple of days ago before I show them here...

I did however, make lotion bars. These cuties are a hit this gift giving season hihihi. Check em out freshly poured. I love that color..
IMG_20191212_235827_413.jpg
I also rebatched soap and added random confetti. I have to clean uo those too lol
How'd I do? I couldn't wait to get up this morning and cut it.
View attachment 42905
You did an amazing job, as usual. I love the color combo very much.
I unmolded the soap made of rebatched used soap remains combined with a bit of fresh coconut soap from a deepish round plastic container. It was solidified enough to come out nicely but is still somehow spongy. I understand it may remain so for about a week or so?
I've never seen that before, the bottom that's so different from the top I mean.. Not that I've seen all the soap there is lol. However, my rebatched usually take very little time to harden up than freshly made soap.

Dawni, the bottom of my round rebatched soap might be so different because the mould was oiled at the bottom (to ease unmoulding).

Made a 2 lb HP batch to use my new loaf mold. Filled that and two cavities in a bar soap silicone mold. Vegetable shortening, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil. Aloe vera juice and some distilled water to top off.

Went to trace very quickly, made a creamy light color. Kicking myself for adding any color, but the fragrance is Cool Water [Aroma Depot] , a clone of a men's fragrance, so blue as a colorant was sort of a predictable thing to do.

Went on line with eBay and ordered titanium dioxide and some sodium lactate for the next batch.

Lost the plot on who I sent what soap to for Christmas as my older brother has a birthday Jan 1st. I did a hemp/aloe vera batch and can't remember if that was for birthday purposes or sent for Christmas. Or if I am saving the last wooden box I stained for my BFF's birthday in Feb. or if it was for my brother. NUTS.

For the first time ever I am on top of Christmas and can't remember now, what I've done.

Well, screw it. One cannot have too much soap !!!

There: I said it !

Got sick of waiting for some inspirational ideas for soap, and went ahead and made a batch of coconut milk soap using a line pour technique that popped up recently on you tube from Tree Marie. Didn't do too badly - but the soap batter was thicker than I would have liked - the joys of soaping with soy wax I guess, we'll have to wait for the reveal tomorrow. I predict the lines will be finer down the bottom of the soap, and thicker near the top.:p
Here's some pics of it in the mold:
View attachment 42898 View attachment 42899
That top is beautissimo!

Made a 2 lb HP batch to use my new loaf mold. Filled that and two cavities in a bar soap silicone mold. Vegetable shortening, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil. Aloe vera juice and some distilled water to top off.

Went to trace very quickly, made a creamy light color. Kicking myself for adding any color, but the fragrance is Cool Water [Aroma Depot] , a clone of a men's fragrance, so blue as a colorant was sort of a predictable thing to do.

Went on line with eBay and ordered titanium dioxide and some sodium lactate for the next batch.

Lost the plot on who I sent what soap to for Christmas as my older brother has a birthday Jan 1st. I did a hemp/aloe vera batch and can't remember if that was for birthday purposes or sent for Christmas. Or if I am saving the last wooden box I stained for my BFF's birthday in Feb. or if it was for my brother. NUTS.

For the first time ever I am on top of Christmas and can't remember now, what I've done.

Well, screw it. One cannot have too much soap !!!

There: I said it !
I love your Mr Bean!

I also rebatched soap

alrighty I just re-batched a lavender goats milk the other day--I dont think I stirred the milk powder in enough?? but I rebatched with a little oil at first and then added a small amount of water and it came out pretty good looks a tad dry on top buth otherwise looks like my HP soap. need to do a basil/anise GM next and want to ask you how you do your rebatches---please, please, please

Can you please explain how your house came without a kitchen?
We bought a house that had a refrigerator and cabinets literally rotting off the walls but great bones, gorgeous refinished wood floors throughout, one floor living, in our price range, in a great community, actually everything we wanted except for the kitchen. We're getting quotes on remodeling. We're blessed with a roof over our heads and most all of the necessities despite 'camping inside.'

I love your Mr Bean!
Thanks. I saw that on the computer while I was on my Air Climber [As Seen On TV...I've worn one out already] and nearly fell off laughing. It still slays me. It's just so.... demented.

There are others with Mr Bean as Mona Lisa that cracked me up too.

need to do a basil/anise GM next and want to ask you how you do your rebatches---please, please, please
Zany's link takes you to a great post.

But for people like me who doesn't have an oven, and who is lazy to wait til the crock pot melts everything lol, there's the microwave. Personally I think it's quicker - but not suitable for older soap unless you're ok with those bits being confetti.

Newer soap will melt easily enough even as bigger chunks with no added liquid and the resulting soap also hardens real quick. Older soap needs to be grated really small for best results. I also add a bit of oil, milk or water, stir and let it soak if it's older soap.

I heat it up in 30sec "bursts" on the lowest setting, stir in between then heat again, stir, heat and so on until it's the consistency I want.

Here's one rebatched new soap, I think only a few days old. These are a mix. The confetti in the bottom one was thrown into the melted soap but the top soap bits were much older soap (like several months) mixed in and didn't melt. The one I mentioned a few posts earlier is the same.

Hope that helps :)

I ordered some micas from Nurture Soap & a couple things from Amazon to use in making my granddaughter's graduation soap. I can probably get the base soap finished next week, but may have to wait until after the new year to complete the decoupage surface design (travel plans during the winter break.)

Zany's link takes you to a great post.

But for people like me who doesn't have an oven, and who is lazy to wait til the crock pot melts everything lol, there's the microwave. Personally I think it's quicker - but not suitable for older soap unless you're ok with those bits being confetti.

Newer soap will melt easily enough even as bigger chunks with no added liquid and the resulting soap also hardens real quick. Older soap needs to be grated really small for best results. I also add a bit of oil, milk or water, stir and let it soak if it's older soap.

I heat it up in 30sec "bursts" on the lowest setting, stir in between then heat again, stir, heat and so on until it's the consistency I want.

Here's one rebatched new soap, I think only a few days old. These are a mix. The confetti in the bottom one was thrown into the melted soap but the top soap bits were much older soap (like several months) mixed in and didn't melt. The one I mentioned a few posts earlier is the same.

Hope that helps :)
I might - might - one day use your method Dawni. Have always been keen to try rebatch. The microwave seems a lot less daunting to me. Could I add coconut milk as the additional fluid?

Back