What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got sick of waiting for some inspirational ideas for soap, and went ahead and made a batch of coconut milk soap using a line pour technique that popped up recently on you tube from Tree Marie. Didn't do too badly - but the soap batter was thicker than I would have liked - the joys of soaping with soy wax I guess, we'll have to wait for the reveal tomorrow. I predict the lines will be finer down the bottom of the soap, and thicker near the top.:p
Here's some pics of it in the mold:
View attachment 42898 View attachment 42899
Beautiful. I wish I could make tops like that!

@John Harris maybe you need a little palette knife like the one Teri Endsley uses to patch up her holes :)

So sorry that little things like different time zones and you know, a job, are preventing me from responding quickly to all your soapy needs....:rolleyes:

Seriously, tho', it seems like you have a bottomless well of creativity. I look at rocks and see rocks. :)

So sorry that little things like different time zones and you know, a job, are preventing me from responding quickly to all your soapy needs....:rolleyes:

Seriously, tho', it seems like you have a bottomless well of creativity. I look at rocks and see rocks. :)
How'd I do? I couldn't wait to get up this morning and cut it. Off to WORK now - some if us can soap, and work, and be online, so there! :p
IMG_1672.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1673.jpeg
    IMG_1673.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 43
How'd I do? I couldn't wait to get up this morning and cut it. Off to WORK now - some if us can soap, and work, and be online, so there! :p
View attachment 42905
This is absolutely gorgeous! Guess I have to put a line pour on my soaping bucket list. Will go look at more videos in between Christmas chores. I love your work.

That looks amazing!!! ...and now I have ANOTHER thing to add to my soap to-do list once classes end

View attachment 42905

Opps forgot to quote in my comment above

Last edited by a moderator:
I cut a batch of an ITP swirl soap this morning. I keep trying for a good purple. This is closer. I added TD to the batter hoping to cut out some of the yellow. It's still pretty yellow, but the purple isn't as murky as my previous attempts. When I was cleaning up I found the cup with the lavender eo in it. Sigh. Good thing I also like unscented soaps.
oMesJP4QQAmDFpXibc0KnA.jpg

I cut a batch of an ITP swirl soap this morning. I keep trying for a good purple. This is closer. I added TD to the batter hoping to cut out some of the yellow. It's still pretty yellow, but the purple isn't as murky as my previous attempts. When I was cleaning up I found the cup with the lavender eo in it. Sigh. Good thing I also like unscented soaps.View attachment 42910
That's gorgeous Martha! I too have trouble with purple - but it looks like both you and I have have had success in our last batches. My main issue is that I like to use use homegrown aloe in my lye water - and this always turns the water yellow. The most recent soap was coconut milk, not aloe, and this is easier for subsequent colouring.

That's gorgeous Martha! I too have trouble with purple - but it looks like both you and I have have had success in our last batches. My main issue is that I like to use use homegrown aloe in my lye water - and this always turns the water yellow. The most recent soap was coconut milk, not aloe, and this is easier for subsequent colouring.
Thanks @KiwiMoose ! I aspire to get the deep purple you got. I think I have to get more daring with adding black into some of my mica colors. Good to know about the aloe. All the talk about it lately has made me curious to try it.

View attachment 42905
Some of us go to work to work and aren't paid to be online, so there there! Seriously, I love the color combo. What are your colorants?

And what's all this about aloe? What does it contribute, does it replace distilled water, etc.?

Some of us go to work to work and aren't paid to be online, so there there! Seriously, I love the color combo. What are your colorants?

And what's all this about aloe? What does it contribute, does it replace distilled water, etc.?
Yes - replace the full water content ( or part if you wish) with aloe, and your result will be a lovely creamy lather.

Got sick of waiting for some inspirational ideas for soap, and went ahead and made a batch of coconut milk soap using a line pour technique that popped up recently on you tube from Tree Marie. Didn't do too badly - but the soap batter was thicker than I would have liked - the joys of soaping with soy wax I guess, we'll have to wait for the reveal tomorrow. I predict the lines will be finer down the bottom of the soap, and thicker near the top.:p
Here's some pics of it in the mold:
View attachment 42898 View attachment 42899
Gorgeous soap, so interested to see you mention Soy Wax as someone asked me the other day if you could use it in soap. I had no clue but obviously you can!

Latest posts

Back