What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used remains of used soap bars my daughter gave me to "rebatch" into a new bar of soap. Combined it with a small amount of 100% coconut oil soap, superfatted at 12%, added some drops of FO and poured into a round mold and loaded into my carnation flower mould and a thin star mold. Placed in a warm oven to gel overnight. The batter is still soft - I'm impatient to see what I made.

Carrot, Citrus and Cinnamon soap made today. Used carrot puree (homemade) and aloe Juice ( home made) as 1/4 each of the water content. Added apple harvest FO very (cinnamon-ey) with sweet orange, May Chang, Cinnamon and Cedarwood EOs. Used cinnamon powder to colour half the mix.
View attachment 42878
Someone recently said my carrot purée soap smells like the farmers market! I don’t know if that’s good or bad :). Did a carrot scent come through in your soap? I used it as 50% water replacement. Maybe that’s too much.

Carrot, Citrus and Cinnamon soap made today. Used carrot puree (homemade) and aloe Juice ( home made) as 1/4 each of the water content. Added apple harvest FO very (cinnamon-ey) with sweet orange, May Chang, Cinnamon and Cedarwood EOs. Used cinnamon powder to colour half the mix.
View attachment 42878
. That combo sounds wonderful! I can’t wait to see the cut.

Cut my black rose spice soap today, it is very popular and I can't seem to make enough of them. I couldn't find my hanger tool, so I used a speaker cable to make the swirls. black rose spice.jpg

Someone recently said my carrot purée soap smells like the farmers market! I don’t know if that’s good or bad :). Did a carrot scent come through in your soap? I used it as 50% water replacement. Maybe that’s too much.
It does smell a little 'pumpkin pie'-ish so maybe that's the carrot scent coming through.

I tried to stencil soap last night, scented with birch wood oud from BB66336837-B359-467D-8E43-8B1A604C33E0.jpeg
It’s a stencil of birch trees, I used a dark grey and a black mica with vodka and a sea sponge
After two bars- I got thinking it just wasn’t clear enough to tell what it really was
I tried more alcohol to wipe it off and that wasn’t happening so I planed the bars again LOL

I unmolded the rebatched old soap remains combined with coconut soap from my carnation mould only do spoil the surface carved flower. Evidently 1,5 days was not enough for the batter to solidify whereas the ZAP subsided. Will wait one more day before I try to unmould another soap.

I tried to stencil soap last night, scented with birch wood oud from BBView attachment 42887
It’s a stencil of birch trees, I used a dark grey and a black mica with vodka and a sea sponge
After two bars- I got thinking it just wasn’t clear enough to tell what it really was
I tried more alcohol to wipe it off and that wasn’t happening so I planed the bars again LOL

I looked at the pic and said "wow! nice birches!" before I read your text. I think they look great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting ready for another double batch of extra rice soap.. Sold out around +/-35 bars this Christmas season and I couldn't get time til today to stock up for February.

A previously made double batch will roll out for last minute Christmas gifts coz I'm sure all the other soapmakers here would have also sold out by then - less competition lols

I always get nervous with more than one loaf, hopefully I'll get used to it soon.

Latest posts

Back