What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL!! I hope they like living here, and I'm enjoying spoiling them:rolleyes:. They're already as much pets, as livestock - more, really. I've been thinking about the stakes, and the problem with them, is that we basically live on a rock, with few areas of actual soil. I'm not sure I'll be able to get any to go into the ground - but, I'm going to try, and I'm putting the paddocks in the areas of the best soil I can find anyway, so they should/will support the brush the goats will thrive on. If all else fails, I may have to line the outside bottom of the fences with cinder blocks. I dunno. :smallshrug:

maybe get the bottom rail that are used on chainlink fences and wire them or wooden fence posts. might be easier to work with, I am sure you will figure it out--just nice to do it before they get out hahahahaha

started making foaming bath butter--will finish it tomorrow. I found a recipe online for bubble dough but darnit the ingreds weren't right on the amounts--I should know better so I just added a bunch of SLSA and am going to make bubble bars out of them tomorrow. I hope it works--I am over it for the night though. cant wait to see how the FBB turns out--so far it seems to have gone as planned.
I need new bubble bars anyway--a couple little girls broke 4 of them on Saturday--didn't catch till they disappeared. next month they wont be allowed to touch them

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new to soaping so its all an adventure! I went to a local farm, Gilchrist Farm for a Goat Milk Soap making class. Great place! and Monica made it all so easy. Milked a goat too. The next day I made Lavender GM Soap, Ginger Patchouli GM Soap & Sandalwood with Safflowers GM Soap. I will definitely have gifts completed for the holidays. What to do when you have too much soap????

Made this yesterday, and unmolded and cut today. It's Frangipani and Coconut scented with coconut cream added

Gorgeous!!!!

——

My husband likes my many swirly soap, it has his approval.

——

What to do when you have too much soap????

Become an advocate for personal hygiene???

Wash your hands three times at every sink????

Wash yourself with 12 different bars of soap in the shower/tub?????

Become a soap peddler???

I think that last one is where I may be headed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Become an advocate for personal hygiene???

Wash your hands three times at every sink????

Wash yourself with 12 different bars of soap in the shower/tub?????

Become a soap peddler???

I think that last one is where I may be headed.
Pssssssssst! Hey! You wanna buy a bar of soap?
A BAR OF SOAP!!??
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Yeah - a bar of soap.

So.. Planing makes the difference between raw meat and prosciutto lol
_20191119_093010.JPG

... I've used a drop spindle, just playing around, with it, to see if I'd like it. Getting a consistent texture with a drop spindle is difficult, but a fun, slubby yarn was definitely doable...

The trick to consistency on a drop spindle is the same as on a wheel: at least 15 minutes of spinning a day and in a short time you’ll see your yarn improve dramatically!

So.. Planing makes the difference between raw meat and prosciutto lol
View attachment 42587

Nom nom - grab yourself some mozzarella and make these: https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/parma-ham-and-mozzarella-bites#UhkpsBmVp2QvtZjq.32

@Mobjack Bay - I used this one: https://www.naturesgardencandles.com/creamy-coconut-fragrance-oil, but only at 1/3 of my total fragrance. The others were Frangipani FO and Sweet orange EO. I'm hoping it won't discolour too much at that rate. Last time I used it I also used two other coconut FOs with it - a roasted coconut and an island coconut. That soap definitely smells like coconut!

Read the reviews on the NG site - one person actually says she thought it had faded until she used it and the smell came out quite strong in the shower.

My husband asked what I was doing and I said taking pictures of soap for the soap forum.

He’s all like: the what?
Me: the soap forum?
Him: ...
Me: they have challenges and I need pictures
Him: ...
Me: soooooaaaaap foooooooooruuuuuum
Him: why.. who... there’s a soap forum?
Me: yes....
Him: eye rolls for days

LOL @KiwiMoose.. Oh btw, I love your latest soap. I haven't touched my silicone mats in a while..

Soapy thing:
My lye won't arrive til another few days so I'm spending my time planing soap and repurposing the shavings lol

I rebatched some today in the microwave and added confetti. Let's see how it turns out. Still in the mold.

Latest posts

Back