What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So pretty!!!! Love the handmade holders!

I’ll see your scratchy and raise you - used glass cutter soap.

View attachment 42571

If it wasn’t amazing soap, and some expensive ingredients I’m not sure... no, I’m super cheap, I’d still use it. It’s two, maybe three years old. No DOS on any of em
I will sell you mine at a good price :p

I ordered some new FO's and mica's to round out my color pallet a little more. And I got in a simple wire soap cutter so hopefully, my bars won't look quite so mangled from now on lol. Gonna try and start on my challenge soap in the morning

@Kari Howie, all the soaps are very nice but the first two are beautiful!
Thanks, @Sirtim!

@Baqn please do update us on the salt bar, if you have time, after cure or whenever. It's all this discussion on Himalayan pink, so I'm curious. Great looking soaps by the way.

@Kari Howie those looks great! The receivers of those soaps are really lucky.
You are so sweet! Thanks!

Nice job on all of those. It looks like you got your very tall skinny mold! Did you make the little soap bags? Cute!

I made more beer soap today. Do you remember my first “rustic” batch with the ground oats? I’ve been testing it and it is uber scratchy. It’s a good thing I made only a small batch because I can’t think of anything to do with it except toss it. It’s even too scratchy for the bottom of my feet.
Thank you, Mobjack! Yep, I got three T/S molds. And yes I knitted the soap bags. I need to get faster at knitting them, though.

So pretty!!!! Love the handmade soap bags.
Thanks, SoapySuds!

View attachment 42571

If it wasn’t amazing soap, and some expensive ingredients I’m not sure... no, I’m super cheap, I’d still use it. It’s two, maybe three years old. No DOS on any of em
So pretty!!!! Love the handmade holders!

View attachment 42571

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Dawni . Thanks for nice words. I did second batch of Himalayan bars. I managed to cut them sooner than previous batch so they have even more clean edges. After a day or so first batch became rock solid, like a stone.
You're welcome :)

Let us know too if they're scratchy or not, after some time hehehe

Soapy thing:
I mentioned I received my tall n skinny mold right? Well.. Haven't used it lol

What I didn't mention is I also received a planer, and I just discovered that planing soap is therapeutic lol

So much that I've sacrificed a couple of bars making multicolored shavings they will have to end up as confetti eventually.

@Dawni they are scratchy even now but that gives them authentic outlook. They look like real salt crystals. Next step is 100% salt but I want to check out first 50%. For the moment I don't feel any need to make 100% but we'll see. There is enough salt in 50% .

These soaps and sachets are just gorgeous!!!

You're welcome :)

Let us know too if they're scratchy or not, after some time hehehe

Soapy thing:
I mentioned I received my tall n skinny mold right? Well.. Haven't used it lol

What I didn't mention is I also received a planer, and I just discovered that planing soap is therapeutic lol

So much that I've sacrificed a couple of bars making multicolored shavings they will have to end up as confetti eventually.

Hmm... That confetti soap could be a 'thing'! I don't know if you sell your soaps, but with cute packaging, you could plane any/all of your odd or broken pieces, and sell them as 'designer' bath gift items, solo, for stocking stuffers or tie-ons, or in variety packs, - or even as little bonus gifts, for orders over a certain amount...

Nope! I've had horses, a milk cow, beef cattle, chickens, ducks, rabbits, geese, dogs, cats, guinea pigs, gerbils, ferrets, hamsters, snakes, geckos, red wigglers (worms/vermiculture), and a budgie. These are my first 3 goats. Thankfully, the only way any of them will ever weigh 100#, is if they decide to go swimming, and their wool soaks up a LOT of water. They're a Nigerian dwarf/angora cross, and I think, fully wooled-out, Kola (the aforementioned currently-fragrant buck) is fully grown, and weighs under 75#. He's only 28" tall, at the wethers, and can only *just* get his front hooves and nose to the top of his stall, to say, "HI!!", when we go into the barn. Marley, the doe, is only about 2/3 his size, and Calypso, their doeling, is only about 6months old. I just feel bad that I didn't already have the fences up, when we got them home. So hubs is taking them out on leads, to browse, and munch on leaves, while I string fence, lol. I noticed the folks we bought them from had a double thickness of fencing - but they were also raising quite a few sheep and about 25 Highlan' Coos (Highland cows), including some big bulls. But, yehhhhhhh, I've heard loads about their affinity for emulating Harry Houdini!
I’ve heard it said that if you can throw a bucket of water through your fence, it’s not goat proof.

@Kari Howie, all the soaps are very nice but the first two are beautiful!
:)

These soaps and sachets are just gorgeous!!!
Thank you so much!

My pleasure!
Today, I fed, watered, loved on, and walked the goats (the fencing still isn't done, lol), bought the tpost driver & clips, to attach the fence to the tposts.

if you are using field fence I recommend using tent stakes every couple of feet an tack the fence down to the ground, they will push on the bottom of it until they get thru. maybe you don't need a fence if you walk them every day hahaha. they sound like very lucky goats

if you are using field fence I recommend using tent stakes every couple of feet an tack the fence down to the ground, they will push on the bottom of it until they get thru. maybe you don't need a fence if you walk them every day hahaha. they sound like very lucky goats

LOL!! I hope they like living here, and I'm enjoying spoiling them:rolleyes:. They're already as much pets, as livestock - more, really. I've been thinking about the stakes, and the problem with them, is that we basically live on a rock, with few areas of actual soil. I'm not sure I'll be able to get any to go into the ground - but, I'm going to try, and I'm putting the paddocks in the areas of the best soil I can find anyway, so they should/will support the brush the goats will thrive on. If all else fails, I may have to line the outside bottom of the fences with cinder blocks. I dunno. :smallshrug:

These are all just beautiful Kari!
Thanks, KiwiMoose!

Y'all know where Manuka honey comes from, right?

My pleasure!
Today, I fed, watered, loved on, and walked the goats (the fencing still isn't done, lol), bought the tpost driver & clips, to attach the fence to the tposts.
How exciting!!

Made this yesterday, and unmolded and cut today. It's Frangipani and Coconut scented with coconut cream added.
IMG_1568.jpeg
IMG_1569.jpeg

Latest posts

Back