What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It turns out that this confetti soap is my 100th batch of soap. I managed to really cram in the soap chunks, didn’t I?:lol:
What should I call it? It looks sort of “outer galaxy” to me. What do you see?
680D8C9B-1F7E-48BD-87E1-2D14EC9203F4.jpeg

Thank you! It's the first picture I've ever uploaded here. I was pleased.:dance:
I agree! Great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Filling some lotions bottles before my market this afternoon. Does that count?

OT Freddy passed away last night :(. I think the last crickets I purchased for him were poisoned. He ate 3 left 2 and sickened after.
Sorry to hear about Freddy. If someone poisoned crickets that was terrible. What does OT stand for?

Dawni made soap today yey! I haven't had time in quite a while..
_20191110_011825.JPG

I made soap stones for the first time! View attachment 42456
Very pretty rocks! Congrats! :)
Cut my soap.

I’m ok with the pink top.

View attachment 42457
I'm ok with it too hehehe.. Good job on the layering :)
It turns out that this confetti soap is my 100th batch of soap. I managed to really cram in the soap chunks, didn’t I?:lol:
What should I call it? It looks sort of “outer galaxy” to me. What do you see?
View attachment 42458
It does look galaxy-ish.. I imagine it in one of those beautifully illustrated children's book about space :D

@Dawni how can you post that without telling us how you colored it!!! I’m definitely intrigued by the darker rose color on the top. Did you use madder?
Haha I was gonna tell when I show the cut pics but since you asked so nicely....

:p

It's actually a very small amount of red sandalwood powder in my lye water, and pink clay with the oils. The lighter part is the cooked soap mixed with TD.

been working on trimming the dog--her hair was over 3" and kinky-- and I couldn't keep it combed. BUT my order for citric acid and btms 50 just showed up so I am going to make some shampoo bars and maybe try some more bath bombs today. its been kinda hit and miss with the BB some are rock hard some are soft--I dont think I am letting them dry enough before wrapping. Has anybody put theirs in their dehydrator on the lowest setting--it around 90 degrees???

I had my first craft sale where I was really happy and excited with how well I did. There was a steady flow of customers throughout the day so the time went by quickly. I learned I really need to make an unscented/uncoloured soap, lotions don't sell well here, and that my efforts to switch to eco-friendly packaging is appreciated by some customers. Bubble dough continues to be a hit and the fizzing bath salts sold well too. Shower steamers didn't sell as well as I hoped, maybe at the next sale when cold season really hits.

I think these will be ok. This is nowhere near the intended design.

Rose scented. Blue because the person they are being gifted to is allergic to red dye. I cannot convince this person that not all red dyes are the same, and micas are different. Sigh. They are a hardcore know it all.

B6CEA875-192E-40C7-971C-93276A146787.jpeg

Oh, and the pink tops of the slab cuts, they are starting to morph back to blue. Which suits the fragrance, but I am going to miss the light pink top. Ugh. I hate surprises

Last edited:
I signed my life away yesterday, get the keys to the new house on Tuesday, and moving truck is scheduled for the 16th. Spent the whole day watching soap making videos on YouTube to keep my mind distracted while I sit around and wait for time to pass - that's my soapy thing. I think when I am settled and able to soap again that I want to try a hot process soap, and a castile soap. Maybe I'll just hot process the castile and tick off two boxes at once. :)

I took stock of my current FO situation and planned my next two soap batches. It's funny how you make a batch and no-one likes it, then right when you've managed to get rid of nearly all of it - someone says "Hey - have you got any of that coffee and cinnamon soap left? I LOVE that one!?" SO that's first on my list of new batches to make. I will use the last of my 'iced coffee' FO, and add 'vanilla buttercream' FO to use them both up. I'll call it Vanilla Latte : ) Any suggestions on how many tbsp of coffee grounds to use PPO? I don't want gardener's soap - just a bit of texture.

Back