What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here’s my dreadfully discolouring FO (Blackcurrant Tea by Candle Science) used in my soap with bright violet mica. Just cut. It may discolour even more yet. It seems the mica was completely enveloped my the FO. However, the last pic is a bit of ungelled soap dough with an off cut of the gelled soap - I’m so glad I gelled coz that looks like calf poo!
View attachment 42172 View attachment 42173 View attachment 42174
I think the purple soaps look very pretty :)

I haven't posted any pics of my soaps because everything I made recently has all been one color soaps. I needed a confidence boost lol and my attempts at swirls had me frustrated. I did do a batch with little cactus embeds a few weeks ago that turned out pretty. Cut them thick so I didn't chop the cacti and they are going to need a few more weeks to cure I think. The embeds are CP and I had to wait days to get them out of the mold neatly.

Attachments

• 6621B2C8-4B7A-47F2-9D55-EA584E92F6A6.jpeg
    6621B2C8-4B7A-47F2-9D55-EA584E92F6A6.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 29
Ok It couldn’t wait much longer and have cut my first drop swirl soap there is a picture further up the thread showing it in the mould. Here is the full reveal. I know to a lot of experienced soapers it may be old hat but I am delighted with it for a first successful soap. I want to thank all the lovely members who helped me to get to here you are all great and very much appreciatedView attachment 42155
That is a beautiful soap! You certainly did a great job....looks like you've been doing it "forever"! Excited to see your next soap!

I cleaned 200 and eleventy million soap utensils, pots, pans and bowls. I may have fudged the numbers there. I think there was more. Felt like it anyway :mad:. Cleaning up because the Mother-In-Law is coming to stay. She will be doing her not so subtle inspection. Kill. Me. Now.
Oh, I sympathize with you on the 200 and eleventy million soap dishes! Cleaning up is the worst for me too. I tried dousing everything with vinegar and cleaning up the next day. Everything was covered in a sticky slime....almost like peel off adhesive that is used to stick new credit cards onto the paper. Has that ever happened to you?

Oh, I sympathize with you on the 200 and eleventy million soap dishes! Cleaning up is the worst for me too. I tried dousing everything with vinegar and cleaning up the next day. Everything was covered in a sticky slime....almost like peel off adhesive that is used to stick new credit cards onto the paper. Has that ever happened to you?
When I CP, which is rarely, I leave the dishes for weeks lol then it's easier to clean. HP dishes are a breeze hehehe

Absolutely no soapy thing done today pfft.

I've always thought it was ironic that I use soap to clean soap batter off the soapmaking equipment. The wand spray head in our sink is pretty powerful though and that really helps. I just blast everything off with hot water and give it a wipe down with a soapy rag that I suds up with a salt bar, that cuts through everything. Still doesn't change the fact that I'm cleaning off a gazillion things at the end of the night....

My partner's ex-MIL asked for a bunch of bars to hand out to the staff at the hospital so we packaged up a variety of bars last night for her to bring today. Hopefully the nurses like them!

I watched as my partner did a bunch of work on our website. Currently trying to figure out how to fix our site redirect. It is supposed to be set up to redirect from XXXXXsoapcompanyname.co to XXXXXXlocalareasoapcompany.co.....but so far we haven't been able to figure that out without crashing the whole site! So if there are any webpage code savvy people out there who want to volunteer their advice I'd love to send some soap your way!!!

That's the extent of my soaping last night. Going to do some research today on making body oils. We've developed a few mixes that are really nice but I want to look into stretching their shelf life out, suspect that we'll end up adding ROE to the bottles to help with that.

Have a happy soaping day friends!!!

Not exactly soaping, I made a couple of after bath body sprays - one with pumpkin bourbon fragrance and one with African Musk fragrance. I also made some solid salt scrub bars. It was fun.

That sounds delicious (pumpkin bourbon)! Bath body sprays are on our list of things to take a shot at, along with in-shower lotion bars, shampoo, conditioner, scrubs, bombs, and about a million other things....Its a pretty long list.

made my first 5# batch--plus it was GM. split it into 2 different molds with different colors and scents and gelled. Cut one and about to cut the other one. I actually had to use the heating pads on them. it was nice to get 2 batches done at once

Last edited:
I've always thought it was ironic that I use soap to clean soap batter off the soapmaking equipment. The wand spray head in our sink is pretty powerful though and that really helps. I just blast everything off with hot water and give it a wipe down with a soapy rag that I suds up with a salt bar, that cuts through everything. Still doesn't change the fact that I'm cleaning off a gazillion things at the end of the night....
You just gave me an idea....I can see myself now, taking my soap dishes outside and hosing them down with a power spray washer! LOL! I've tried wiping everything with paper towels as soon as I'm done soaping....and that helped a lot. Unfortunately, we rarely buy paper towels so rags will have to do! The other day, while cleaning up, I discovered soap that was left inside my piping tips. It was solid so I pushed it out of the tips, and realized, to my amusement, that they looked like earplugs, all lined up on the counter! LOL!

Back