What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while I might get a little lonely sometimes its nice that I dont have to hide anything from anybody :)

I dont really have to hide it. He just looks at me funny and Its like it breaks me out of my denial about how much soaping supplies I buy :cool:

I made foaming sugar scrubs tonight. One of the things I bought was Jojoba beads and I wanted to see how they would work in the scrub. The answer is, very well and Ill be buying bigger bottles of the beads next time.

Hi Baqn

Great minds think alike

;)

Would you be willing to share the recipe? An oatmeal and milk soap was exactly what I was planning for my next project. And the honey can only make it better.
Hello Sir,
I made a nice oat milk soap a while back with ground oatmeal and flaxseed - that was quite yum! Scented with oatmeal, milk and honey :)

TIP: The next time that happens, set the timer for 5 minutes and walk away. When you come back, the batch will be going into gel and it's easy to stir and mold up. ;)
Five minutes is not set in stone. Some times it will take longer. Just check on it periodically until it has gone into gel stir quickly and pour quickly. You will not have much pour time. I almost always finds it takes 15 min or so to go into a full gel but I soap around 90-100ºF to start with, so that is going to make a difference. If you started the batch soaping warmer gel will start sooner.

Five minutes is not set in stone. Some times it will take longer. Just check on it periodically until it has gone into gel stir quickly and pour quickly. You will not have much pour time. I almost always finds it takes 15 min or so to go into a full gel but I soap around 90-100ºF to start with, so that is going to make a difference. If you started the batch soaping warmer gel will start sooner.
Good Post.gif
I rarely soap cool and rarely take water discounts.

Today I spent the entire day shrink wrapping soap (I left an opening to breathe) while binge watching Future Primitive Soap on Youtube. She is a HOOT! And lovely soaps too. I feel inspired, but there will be no soap making for a while. Reason 1) as I took inventory while wrapping soap and looking at what still has to cure for a couple more weeks before wrapping, I realized just how many bars I have. Yikes. I will be increasing the number of bars per gift at Christmas lol. Reason 2) Tomorrow I will be packing up my equipment and supplies because looking at them is too depressing when I can't make anything. They need to be boxed to move anyway.

That was my soapy day besides using a salt bar that I made a couple months ago (great for shaving legs!). I know it will improve with a longer cure - but I have a LOT of bars to use and I might as well get started. :shower: :tub:

Today I cut my largest lavander batch to date.

45 pounds.

It make about 135 150 gram bars.

It gelled nicely but had a bit of soda ash, though it is not lye heavy.

Any ideas on why it would have soda ashed? I use wood molds and my mix is 40% palm, 20% coconut, 20% olive, 10% rice bran, 10% mid oleic sunflower.

Today I made a new batch, hopefully successfully, fingers crossed. Drop and chopstick swirl, in Bourbon scented fragrance oil. Titanium dioxide base with Gold and Burgundy mica colours. Zero accelleration of the batter and the swirls dropped in well, textured the top and I'm on the edge of my seat to cut it. Like a child at Christmas. Fingers crossed it'll look half decent this time.

Today I made a new batch, hopefully successfully, fingers crossed. Drop and chopstick swirl, in Bourbon scented fragrance oil. Titanium dioxide base with Gold and Burgundy mica colours. Zero accelleration of the batter and the swirls dropped in well, textured the top and I'm on the edge of my seat to cut it. Like a child at Christmas. Fingers crossed it'll look half decent this time.

We want photos, we want photos! :D

Latest posts

Back