What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well silly me I just thought they did that if you kept posting. I am going to have to pay attn next time I do that. I apologize if I have done that
:hairpulling::hairpulling::hairpulling::smallshrug:

So glad that I am not the only one who thought this!

Yep, I'm the auotomatic merger :D. All you do is click the quote button on each persons post you want to reply to. So, the first person you quote, then write want you want to say to them, don't hit post reply, then you do the same again with multiple people until you have finished then hit post reply.

Got it now! One less person to have to clean up after! :)

I'm contemplating a full black soap. But then I'm thinking - what fragrance will I use?? I want something that smells 'appropriate' for a black soap, but i don't like tea tree/ eucalyptus type smells. I've done anise, I've done black currant absinthe, and i want something different. Any ideas? The winning idea will be in my soap pot tomorrow :)

Too late to win perhaps, but Vetiver! Vetiver+Lavender=a soft and smoky fragrance. Vetiver+Rose=nice unisex rose scent.

We did our first soap batch using Zany's Castile recipe! Here is how it went and the bars!
IMG_8858.jpg

IMG_8905.jpg

Brand new to soaping. I've made 3 batches of CP and 2 HP (one of which went in the trash when my experimenting got too wild). Today I finally got to USE a bar of soap that I made, which was pretty darn cool! All my CP soaps are still slooowly curing, but it was nice to actually get to try out what I've been working on. :D

I've been having a fun time this week, prepping for a new soap I'm planning to make. My home and the surrounding countryside is laden with wild roses.....a few different kinds. And we all know what lovely botanical surprises await us on the rose bushes in the fall, right?! Rosehips are delightful! Tho, picking them is nothing short of disastrous for the hands and clothing. LOL! So far I've made rose hip juice (now frozen), and the rest of my harvest is currently drying. The dried rose hips will be infused into sweet almond oil, or olive oil, and added to one of my soap recipes. I may also make rose hip syrup and add that as well....hopefully to boost the bubbles as well as add to the soothing properties of the soap. How fun! I'm completely obsessed with rose hips at the moment! Just wondering....has anyone else been fortunate enough to have easy access to rose hips for use in their soaps? Any tips to share? :)

didn't make anything but ordered. I was going to order a kit for shampoo bars but couldn't find one so I ordered ingreds., they were kinda spendy but I really wanna try. I am curious to see how long they last. I got the recipe off of humblebee

I'm arguing with myself today. I want to make another batch of soap, was even thinking about making two 2lbs loaves but part of me wants to wait and save my supplies. My other three batches still have at least another 3 weeks of curing to do before I can really see how well they came out. But... I really want to make some more soap. My house smells so good from the bars currently curing it's making it hard not to think about making one more batch.

I have a feeling I'm going to give in and have more soap dishes to wash soon lol

I really want to make some more soap.

I have a list of soaps I need to (well, want to) make and then I am going to take a three month break. the thought of that isn't sitting to well but I am going to try my hand at pottery during those three months so maybe it will keep my mind off of soap, even though I want to try making some soap dishes :)

LOL!!! You girls are hilarious! No response needed for my earlier post....I was just curious, as I know some areas don't have a high "rose population" compared to other areas. But perhaps I will start a new thread. There might be others who like to use what they have in their back yards. Thanks for the suggestion. :) Have a great evening, Soap Chicks!

I made my own receipe and made two batches of shea butter soap, one i think will be lye heavy, the other is still very soft dispite reaching trace very quickly
One is absenthe fragrance and pale green and the other which i feel will be lye heavy is ylang ylang and amber fragrance and creamy white with shimmer gold swirls on top (i hope this one isnt a flop bc i really love it)

Oh i ran out of lye!!! I am heart broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made my sugar scrub base last night. Removed some old-old labels so I can re-label soap bars. Tonight after work I plan to do at least one more scrub, Friday I will be packing for a show but should have time to make soap. Thinking to try the mini drop swirl for the Hemlock Forest soap. I have the colors picked out, so just hoping I can tweak the recipe to keep it fluid enough.

Made green tea, lavender and bergamot soap.

Great fun, felt really alchemical watching the lye turn the green tea a weird colour, and the smell was bizarre. But the end product is sitting in the mould, it's not melting a trail towards the earth's core and it's starting to smell really nice...

Happy soaping everyone

(I got the recipe off of humblebee)
Marilyn, I love Humblebee too! She has great recipes....did you try the Vinolia remake? That one is awesome, tho I made a few substitutions of my own. What recipe did you choose....if you don't mind me asking. Happy Soaping!

PKappy, your soap looks amazing! I'm looking at the crock pot and assuming you did HP. The soap is really smooth with a nice sheen....that is often hard to achieve with HP because keeping the batter fluid enough to pour can be difficult. Although, I have to admit, I've only made Castile soap using CP. Perhaps the very nature of castile keeps the fluidity of the batter more manageable. Amazing results!
:thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back