What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut two batches i made last week and omg it was still very very soft.

Attachments

• 20190926_131513.jpg
    20190926_131513.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190925_142002.jpg
    20190925_142002.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 18
I'm contemplating a full black soap. But then I'm thinking - what fragrance will I use?? I want something that smells 'appropriate' for a black soap, but i don't like tea tree/ eucalyptus type smells. I've done anise, I've done black currant absinthe, and i want something different. Any ideas? The winning idea will be in my soap pot tomorrow :)

Dragons blood

don't have any plans for soap today--I just crawled out of bed 1/2 hour ago but while I was waiting for my coffee to brew I got my soap dishes done. now I wanna make soap--but I need to keep telling myself its dehydrated apple day today

Maybe you can soap with the apples when they are done!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
they’re all already booked up with soapers.

that stinks--how do you find your markets. I googled in my area and found a site with a bunch of them on them--I haven't checked them out yet though

Maybe you can soap with the apples when they are done!!!!

oh no people wouldn't be happy with me if I did that hahaha--they are waiting for my apples to eat :)

You're not selling it to me...
Not selling it to you, as in you would never purchase something that was tobacco and black pepper......or I need to work a little harder with my sales pitch for this combo? ;) I will assume the latter and give it a go.

I do not have tobacco fragrance, so I can't say it is good, but the tobacco scents seem to be quite popular when I have been fragrance shopping online (I plan to try one soon, although I live in Canada so I have very little to choose from compared to the US) I am imagining something similar to the pipe my dad smoked when I was young....sweetly smokey. And black pepper essential oil I do have. LOVE it! I often add some to my mixes and I have yet to find a cross I don't like it with. I think that the two might cross nicely with one another....you never know.

I'm contemplating a full black soap. But then I'm thinking - what fragrance will I use?? I want something that smells 'appropriate' for a black soap, but i don't like tea tree/ eucalyptus type smells. I've done anise, I've done black currant absinthe, and i want something different. Any ideas? The winning idea will be in my soap pot tomorrow :)
Do you like florals? You could do any floral, add a deeper base note and call it "black" or "midnight". For example: "Black Rose" or "Midnight Rose".

I was not extremely creative - I used "black" raspberry vanilla :lol: .

Haha stoopid autocorrect..
Haha - I have the original in my emails - big lols!!!

Dragons blood
Ewwwww ;-)
Not selling it to you, as in you would never purchase something that was tobacco and black pepper......or I need to work a little harder with my sales pitch for this combo? ;) I will assume the latter and give it a go.
You assumed correctly and I must say you gave it a good shot. I just don't have those scents in my cupboard.
Do you like florals? You could do any floral, add a deeper base note and call it "black" or "midnight". For example: "Black Rose" or "Midnight Rose".

I was not extremely creative - I used "black" raspberry vanilla :lol: .
These are great ideas - I might just do that thank you.
:(:(I am having a discouraging soapy day. I have been looking for fall/winter festivals, markets, etc and they’re all already booked up with soapers.
I went to a market last weekend and there were lots of soapers - but I was the only one that was palm-free so at least I had a point of difference.

AND - i have just figured out how to do multiple quotes in one post! It's only taken me 11 months!

Yeahhh, one less persons posts I have to merge, that's all I do lately :rolleyes:.
I have been wondering how to get the multiple quotes too, as I did comment on two people's pictures yesterday. When I looked at it again, I saw both of my comments were on one post and I genuinely thought that it must just automatically do it when you post two times in a row! lol Opps! I still have no clue how to do it, but I will figure it out as I don't like making more work for anyone!!! Sorry!

I have been wondering how to get the multiple quotes too, as I did comment on two people's pictures yesterday. When I looked at it again, I saw both of my comments were on one post and I genuinely thought that it must just automatically do it when you post two times in a row! lol Opps! I still have no clue how to do it, but I will figure it out as I don't like making more work for anyone!!! Sorry!

Yep, I'm the auotomatic merger :D. All you do is click the quote button on each persons post you want to reply to. So, the first person you quote, then write want you want to say to them, don't hit post reply, then you do the same again with multiple people until you have finished then hit post reply.

so I am clueless :) how do I do it??
See Relle’s post 13,545, a few posts up for the instructions.

@Adobehead - on the same wavelength... here’s a patchouli scented soap I made a few weeks ago when Hurricane Dorian was heading for the US east coast. I’m calling it “Eye of the Storm.”

C1CD9BEE-93C4-4660-AC7E-BB1000354668.jpeg

Latest posts

Back