What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I used a pretty good amount of hard oil in the batter and polished them up with microfiber cloth when they were hard enough. I was pretty surprised myself at how shiny they got, now I'm gonna be running around polishing all of my soap. o_O

LOL as I was reading how you shined them I was thinking the same thing "I wonder if that would work like that with bar soap?"

Hallo sisters and brothers :) I finally got the courage to make TAR soap. I got Pine Tar and did 10% PT soap. My plan was to make CP soap but I started soaping at about 135 F and ... it became HP soap. My soap almost started boiling but finally I managed to mix it and put it the mold. And ... voala:

It smells really strong. I added some Tea tree, Rosemary, Lemongrass. On the next day it was so hard.

Thats one I havent tried yet but have been thinking about it.

Yes pine tar is Very Strong...a little goes a long way. It is absolutely a wonderful soap for clearing up skin issues, infections, cleaning scratches etc. Its the medicine cabinet essential for me. I want to add that I have only used for cuts, scrapes, not for more serious skin conditions that are much more complicated to deal with.

Last edited:
Hallo sisters and brothers :) I finally got the courage to make TAR soap. I got Pine Tar and did 10% PT soap. My plan was to make CP soap but I started soaping at about 135 F and ... it became HP soap. My soap almost started boiling but finally I managed to mix it and put it the mold. And ... voala:

It smells really strong. I added some Tea tree, Rosemary, Lemongrass. On the next day it was so hard.
Great save! Pine tar soap has me intrigued for the skin benefits. The list of things to try just keeps getting longer. :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Tried out a red sandalwood soap!! Definitely a natural colorant adventure. Scented with Raspberry Jam from BB. Smells amaaaaazing!!! 7EA12B2D-5A8D-4B6B-AC6C-CFB63907FB40.jpeg

Tried out a red sandalwood soap!! Definitely a natural colorant adventure. Scented with Raspberry Jam from BB. Smells amaaaaazing!!!View attachment 41271
Those "rinds" made by CP are always interesting.. Nice looking soap!

Lol @scard.. Show us once you've finished running around hahaha.. Seriously though, those soap stones are so pretty.

cut my first scented beer soap--wow crackling birch is a really nice scent--I thought it might be a masculine scent at first but I think it smells really cinnamon so it would work for both. got a lot of spots on it though and am not sure why cuz I soaped higher than I normally do but went to a thicker trace and it seemed to take forever to get there

I have tried two different soaps useing the soaping 101 dollar tree soap videos and bombed huge with both tries being that this was my first and second tries i believe i am just going to walk away from trying to soap
Don't give up. This site has proven recipes with several I used when I first started soaping. Sorry to say I am not really impressed with 101 soaping but that is just me.

ETA: of course I forgot the link :D http://www.millersoap.com/soapallveg.html

Got myself into the shop and made 3 new molds from PVC lumber. Super easy to keep clean. I also cut acrylic dividers to fit them.

Yes. Let's see anyone trump my meat soap that looks like steak though hahaha

@Kari Howie that's a creative way of prettying up a rebatch. Show us when it's cut!
I may be able to give you a run for your money on that one... It’s scented with CC Bourbon and Tobacco and actually sells pretty well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
I made a batch of pumpkin soap this morning, after my company left. I still have a few more batches to make but I'm done for today. Now, it's time to recuperate from a very busy and emotionally draining weekend.

sorry your weekend was tough. now take care of yourself!!
I am still thinking of doing a soap with pumpkin in it, just need to figure out what to scent it with.

sorry your weekend was tough. now take care of yourself!!
I am still thinking of doing a soap with pumpkin in it, just need to figure out what to scent it with.
It wasn't so much that it was a tough weekend, really. My daughter, her man and their 4 kids were here. He is not a relaxed person by any stretch of the imagination. We're just left feeling like a whirlwind passed through and not having spent enough time with my grandkids.

I scented my pumpkin soap with a fragrance called Pumpkin Pickin. It's nice, not your typical pumpkin spice fragrance.

Not soapy but apparently Im back in the wax tart game. Had an old customer pop up on me and ask if I still made them because she wanted to order 20 of them. A few of them in scents I used to buy for tarts but didnt have on hand so I ordered them and poured the ones I could. Luckily my scent supplier ships fast

Made a loaf today which is currently in time-out for overheating and starting to leak FO. Also, mixed a batch of oils and lye to stash away for tomorrow. My mom is in town from Georgia and she's going to come over and make a batch of soap with me!! Super excited to share this craft with her and I hope she enjoys it as much as I do.

Back