What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made my seventh batch of soap, been doing one a day since I got all of my supplies in. Tonight was a coffee soap. Lye and coffee solution temp never went over 127F, but it still smells yuck. Soap smells fantastic though. Per pound of oil I put in two tsp of coffee seed oil and then another 14 grams of non-discoloring vanilla FO. Total weight of the batch is three pounds.

Unmolded yesterday's batch which was a sensitive skin formula I put together from a few different recipes online that pretty much overlapped.

Cut Sunday's batch which is my My Cousin Vinny and Sal recipe, but with cocoa butter in place of sal butter so I can compare the two side-by-side.

Now I think tomorrow will be a nice little charcoal and salt bar.

Today I am going to bang out 8 Batches, hopefully this morning so I can unmold tomorrow and bang out another 8 batches.
I have 3 Big shows. Labor Day weekend 4 day show (soaps all packed up to go), Another the end of this month (new show for me and I am told it is a BIG 1 day show-pray it is great weather), and last is Apple Fest at the end of Oct (this is what I am banging out extra for in case I run out of the big sellers at the other 2 shows - you know all the Apple scents)

Then maybe get Healing Salve made, got Herbs wilting now
I made two batches yesterday and used every jug and container I own and can't make soap again until they are all washed! Wish I was a clean and tidy soaper.

I bought it from a local supplier, who I believe gets their FO from Natures Garden. It smells lovely!

Do they post to Oz ? Can you send me the link and I'll have a look, not sure of the difference with NZ and Oz dollar.

I tried to give a natural smell to my soap using dry lemon zest (added at the trace). I obtained a faint smell, which was not the outcome I was looking for, but all in all, it turned out fine. Next time I will add it to the oils to see if it will be more fragrant.

Attachments

• 20190828_091117.jpg
    20190828_091117.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 39
I tried to give a natural smell to my soap using dry lemon zest (added at the trace). I obtained a faint smell, which was not the outcome I was looking for, but all in all, it turned out fine. Next time I will add it to the oils to see if it will be more fragrant.
Was that the only 'fragrance' you used? They look great - love the moulds.

Thanks!! Yes, I dont like adding essential oils, idk why. :D And the credit for the mold goes to mcvities digestive, I just love them.
Me too - but I prefer the plain ones (no chocolate) sandwiched together with butter. Nom nom. For our American friends - these taste a bit like Graham crackers.
Do the biscuits come in a shaped plastic mould? It's been a while since I bought those - we have to get them from the international aisle here in NZ supermarkets.

Me too - but I prefer the plain ones (no chocolate) sandwiched together with butter. Nom nom. For our American friends - these taste a bit like Graham crackers.
Do the biscuits come in a shaped plastic mould? It's been a while since I bought those - we have to get them from the international aisle here in NZ supermarkets.

Yes, they come with a plastic mold. I dont know if you can find the same ones, but in Turkey it is sold like that, in total 9 biscuits, and the plastic mold has 3 pieces that holds 3 biscuits each. Idk if I explained it well, my english seems to struggle describing the plastic. But it is a cheaper alternative, for sure. And its shape is lovely. ❤

I made two batches yesterday and used every jug and container I own and can't make soap again until they are all washed! Wish I was a clean and tidy soaper.
I bought enough- 20 tubs, 8 mold, 18 spatulas etc so I don't have to do dishes :)

I have a 4 day show this weekend, so I have been getting everything ready

I bought enough- 20 tubs, 8 mold, 18 spatulas etc so I don't have to do dishes :)

I have be acquiring enough pails and spatulas etc but I need to get a couple more molds so I can make more with out waiting. the thought of having more dishes at one time isn't a good one though :)

I have be acquiring enough pails and spatulas etc but I need to get a couple more molds so I can make more with out waiting. the thought of having more dishes at one time isn't a good one though :)
Had the same thought of getting more molds just today lol

I have no problem with the dishes though, one of the perks of HP lol

No soapy thing today though.. Sigh.

Cut test batch #1 yesterday. Really happy with the swirling. It will be a test of patience waiting for the cure on the test batches to compare formulas.
Made test batch #2 last night. Hopefully test batch #3 will be made tonight. Would like to make a batch of Nag Champa tonight, but may be short on time. Also debating giving the soap a new look - it's been a drop swirl design for about 3 years now. I'll keep the color scheme (aqua green with yellow, orange and brown drop) as that works well with the discoloration, but want to play a bit with the look. I might go as simple as doing an ITPS with the yellow, orange and brown and drop that in the aqua, or place the ITPS between two layers of aqua. Ideas, ideas. More than likely it will be a spur of the moment decision during the making.

Cut test batch #1 yesterday. Really happy with the swirling. It will be a test of patience waiting for the cure on the test batches to compare formulas.
Made test batch #2 last night. Hopefully test batch #3 will be made tonight. Would like to make a batch of Nag Champa tonight, but may be short on time. Also debating giving the soap a new look - it's been a drop swirl design for about 3 years now. I'll keep the color scheme (aqua green with yellow, orange and brown drop) as that works well with the discoloration, but want to play a bit with the look. I might go as simple as doing an ITPS with the yellow, orange and brown and drop that in the aqua, or place the ITPS between two layers of aqua. Ideas, ideas. More than likely it will be a spur of the moment decision during the making.
What the Heck @amd No Pics??

Humrph ..........

FYI I use the dishwasher to do the soapy stuff ;)

I just got finished making an apple and then made a cherry--the cherry is going to be interesting cuz the batter turned orange as soon as I added the fragrance. it smells great in here!!!

Made Zanys no slime Castile! Tweaked, of course....came out much better than I thought it would considering .....very happy! I used annato infused oo and calendula infused oo, have a deep gold soap. I used serrata, amyris, bergamot and cinnamon eos....very strong foresty/wood scent. It came out much better in the finished soap than oob...thank heavens. Please forgive my terrible spelling if annato and serrata are wrong.....Ive become notorious. Ancient gold coins soap.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Last edited:
Back