What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got that double batch of rice soap done! Pics later.
I like em :)
_20190816_104157.JPG
_20190816_104221.JPG

I love the shades of the same color family together.
Thanks! I've never managed to get close to white with this soap so I settled for the cream, and superfat the swirl separately with turmeric :)

I swear this recipe is just awesome lol kinda proud of myself.. Rarely do I stroke my own ego but it's rare I'm almost 100% happy with both look and feel. No extra water and no yogurt even for this HP and still smooth n fluid.

Um, trying the recipe with HO sunflower sub for some of the olive. There's a thread for that:
Jumping off from Zany's 'No Slime Castille' to Bastille varieties
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/thr...o-slime-castille-to-bastille-varieties.74406/
Guess what... Cut today. Gave the bars a saltwater bath a la Martha Stewart. I've got slime! ACK! :p
My recommendation is “don’t mess with a good thing.” :shakinghead: I made a batch of ZNSC last week and went into a panic when I checked the soap the next day and immediately realized that I had forgotten to use the faux sw. It finally firmed up enough to pop out of the molds, but it took 2x as long as the bars from the previous batches with faux sw. One of the bars from my first batch is in the line up of favorites in my shower. It makes a gentle, light lather that I like as much, but in a different way, as the denser creamier lathers of the lard and palm bars.

Thanks! I've never managed to get close to white with this soap so I settled for the cream, and superfat the swirl separately with turmeric :)

I swear this recipe is just awesome lol kinda proud of myself.. Rarely do I stroke my own ego but it's rare I'm almost 100% happy with both look and feel. No extra water and no yogurt even for this HP and still smooth n fluid.
YAY Dawni :hippo::hippo::hippo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! They came out great! How do you get swirls like that?
Thanks! I just put a layer of white at the bottom and then I alternated the 2 blue colors with the white color and only in the center of the mold until I got to the top and then I took my gear tie and pushed it straight down in the center and then just wiggled it back-and-forth all the way up

Thanks! I just put a layer of white at the bottom and then I alternated the 2 blue colors with the white color and only in the center of the mold until I got to the top and then I took my gear tie and pushed it straight down in the center and then just wiggled it back-and-forth all the way up
What the heck is a gear tie?

@Lin19687 oh look at all those pretty endcuts in front of your soaps... j/k please lose my address ;)

I got to unmold my latest rimmed soap attempt. I'm beyond thrilled with it. The buttons are CP (I had a huge embed making session in May or June to use up an odd qty of masterbatch that I had) and the rims are made with soap dough. I had to mold each individual strand (I used an actual mold, so don't think I'm a master artist) and stacked them into a round cavity mold trying not to smoosh the design but getting everything tight so it wouldn't leak. The bottom pic, you can see the two in the background had some leakage and smushing but those were my first two that I stacked, the last four that I did had no leakage and minimal smushing. I adore them. My daughter and the two nieces living with us suggested that I do a "super fruity rainbow", so I think I will let them help me with that on Sunday night. I can get the soap dough made tonight and they can help roll it and mold it on Sunday.

Attachments

• rim1.jpg
    rim1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 46
  • rim2.jpg
    rim2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 52
  • rim3.jpg
    rim3.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 44
@Lin19687 oh look at all those pretty endcuts in front of your soaps... j/k please lose my address ;)

I got to unmold my latest rimmed soap attempt. I'm beyond thrilled with it. The buttons are CP (I had a huge embed making session in May or June to use up an odd qty of masterbatch that I had) and the rims are made with soap dough. I had to mold each individual strand (I used an actual mold, so don't think I'm a master artist) and stacked them into a round cavity mold trying not to smoosh the design but getting everything tight so it wouldn't leak. The bottom pic, you can see the two in the background had some leakage and smushing but those were my first two that I stacked, the last four that I did had no leakage and minimal smushing. I adore them. My daughter and the two nieces living with us suggested that I do a "super fruity rainbow", so I think I will let them help me with that on Sunday night. I can get the soap dough made tonight and they can help roll it and mold it on Sunday.
Those turned out beautiful!!! Color me super impressed.

OK you wanna hear what crazy soapy thing I just now did? I was looking at a photo of a soap on my iPhone and I tried to smell it.
Smack Laugh.gif

I got to unmold my latest rimmed soap attempt. I'm beyond thrilled with it.
Very clever! Love 'em! Well done!
:dance:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back