What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting things ready for a double batch of my rice soap... Which I've named Extra Rice. I get giggles from others every time they see it on my handwritten labels.

Filipinos in general love rice (not me though lol) and if you come to our McDonald's or KFC they serve rice with the fried chicken and "extra rice please" is very commonly heard at the counters.

I know some, boys mostly, who order just one piece of chicken, and order two extra rice (comes in waxed paper packets) to go with it, on top of the rice that comes with lol

I use rice water total liquid replacement, rice puree and rice powder in my soap. It's the one soap I've been making over n over since I hit the perfect (for me) recipe and most my extended family is using it. It's a very hard bar, does not get as mushy as my others when left wet, the lather is silky, and my skin feels awesome after using it.

First time I'm attempting a double batch though, 2400kgs total batch size. Wish me luck!
I LOVE rice soap! Yours sounds luscious

View attachment 40919 View attachment 40920 Here’s the drop swirl soap I made. My first go at this technique.
Wowza ... looks amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
045EE995-29A2-40DC-AA02-1C8763FB9CC6.jpeg D2781F5E-84C8-4B74-A8CD-D006BEB2B503.jpeg Today I attempted another drop swirl. I foolishly used an accelerating FO. It caused the batter in the five pitchers of various colors I was using to thicken halfway through. I hope I got away with it. The last little bit was starting to rice and I SB’d most of it out. Keeping my fingers crossed!

View attachment 40925 View attachment 40924 Today I attempted another drop swirl. I foolishly used an accelerating FO. It caused the batter in the five pitchers of various colors I was using to thicken halfway through. I hope I got away with it. The last little bit was starting to rice and I SB’d most of it out. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Wow the top looks beautiful. I also tried to do a drop swirl today ( I tried it once before and it went ok...not great, but ok) because you inspired me. Well my batter accelerated (of course) and so my drop swirl turned into the plop in the mold. I still went ahead and muddled through and resisted the urge to use my hanger tool or any other swirling thing. The top looked divine...but we will see in 2 days what it looks like.

I am anxious to see what yours looks like.
:)

Wow the top looks beautiful. I also tried to do a drop swirl today ( I tried it once before and it went ok...not great, but ok) because you inspired me. Well my batter accelerated (of course) and so my drop swirl turned into the plop in the mold. I still went ahead and muddled through and resisted the urge to use my hanger tool or any other swirling thing. The top looked divine...but we will see in 2 days what it looks like.

I am anxious to see what yours looks like.
:)
I’m anxious (worried) too.

@Kae no you can't keep that color.

I won't be able to cut till tonight, still a bit soft and I don't want to get too bad drag lines :(

I did order Shea butter today since my regular place will be out till mid/late Fall :(

Finally got thst double batch of rice soap done! Pics later.

So you did get absolutely no color lol. Better than brown I think, and the soap looks nice :)

It's like that for a lot of natural colorants.. There's a lot of info around the board if you search, and a lot of recent experiments actually, there are certain ones that will give color.

Locally we have annatto, paprika, cocoa powder, turmeric, spirulina and moringa, to name a few.. Apparently black bean powder gives blue but I haven't tried it.

@Zany_in_CO are you gonna show us cut pics? :D

Well.
This isn’t AT ALL what I was going for. The only part I like is the top. It was SUPPOSED to look kinda like leaves falling on the grass, but my colors didn’t break through the bottom layer like they were SUPPOSED to. :hairpulling::beatinghead::shakinghead:

Attachments

• 634E222D-2203-41BF-A8CD-F6E86B4BCFD4.jpeg
    634E222D-2203-41BF-A8CD-F6E86B4BCFD4.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 56
  • 82F0FBDC-4C94-4EB0-8CBB-B87007B60887.jpeg
    82F0FBDC-4C94-4EB0-8CBB-B87007B60887.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 55
The dark part looks really cool though... Chop of the green if you don't like it? Then you'll have mini soaps for the bathroom sink or something.

I still think you did a good job :)

Back