What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished 8 batches tonight. Took longer because I changed my mind on which to soap
:rolleyes: as usual. Only did 1 of the 8 I originally picked to soap.
I am a bit late on making some but have enough for my 4 day show and maybe it will use up the ones I want gone.

Cut hopefully tomorrow night

I have option paralysis when it comes to deciding what kind of soap to make next. The list of things I want to try is still long... honey soap, beer soap, different kinds of swirls, pours and carving techniques, shaving soap, liquid soap, and then there’s more Castile, more salt bars, and soap for the holidays. The only thing I decided today is that I need to start making my soap as smaller batches. It’s a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Finished 8 batches tonight. Took longer because I changed my mind on which to soap
I am a bit late on making some but have enough for my 4 day show and maybe it will use up the ones I want gone.

wow i feel accomplished doing 3 in a day :) enjoy the cut :)

Wow, I’m in awe. It can take me over an hour to make one simple batch of soap. I can’t even imagine making more than two in one evening.

You have waaayyy more energy than me.

Getting things ready for a double batch of my rice soap... Which I've named Extra Rice. I get giggles from others every time they see it on my handwritten labels.

Filipinos in general love rice (not me though lol) and if you come to our McDonald's or KFC they serve rice with the fried chicken and "extra rice please" is very commonly heard at the counters.

I know some, boys mostly, who order just one piece of chicken, and order two extra rice (comes in waxed paper packets) to go with it, on top of the rice that comes with lol

I use rice water total liquid replacement, rice puree and rice powder in my soap. It's the one soap I've been making over n over since I hit the perfect (for me) recipe and most my extended family is using it. It's a very hard bar, does not get as mushy as my others when left wet, the lather is silky, and my skin feels awesome after using it.

First time I'm attempting a double batch though, 2400kgs total batch size. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• IMG_20190814_135640.jpg
    IMG_20190814_135640.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 48
Getting things ready for a double batch of my rice soap... Which I've named Extra Rice. I get giggles from others every time they see it on my handwritten labels.

Filipinos in general love rice (not me though lol) and if you come to our McDonald's or KFC they serve rice with the fried chicken and "extra rice please" is very commonly heard at the counters.

I know some, boys mostly, who order just one piece of chicken, and order two extra rice (comes in waxed paper packets) to go with it, on top of the rice that comes with lol

I use rice water total liquid replacement, rice puree and rice powder in my soap. It's the one soap I've been making over n over since I hit the perfect (for me) recipe and most my extended family is using it. It's a very hard bar, does not get as mushy as my others when left wet, the lather is silky, and my skin feels awesome after using it.

First time I'm attempting a double batch though, 2400kgs total batch size. Wish me luck!
I bet that combo makes for a very silky soap. Another thing I need to try :rolleyes:

It can take me over an hour to make one simple batch of soap. I can’t even imagine making more than two in one evening.
Quite a few of us that sell use a base recipe and masterbatch our lye, so that makes it really easy for us to make a lot of soap when we have time. I can make a batch in 20 minutes or less when I need to. Usually when I do my wholesale soaps I will pour two batches at a time (I only have two large molds otherwise I would do more) and I can have batches made and cleaned up in less than an hour.

I have used rice water to make a soap - I have one customer who has pretty much been the only customer for that batch and she loves it because it feels much silkier and lasts longer than my other soaps (she says). Well, at a year old now it probably is going to be a pretty hard soap, lol.

I have used rice water to make a soap - I have one customer who has pretty much been the only customer for that batch and she loves it because it feels much silkier and lasts longer than my other soaps (she says). Well, at a year old now it probably is going to be a pretty hard soap, lol.
Oooh I'm so glad you mentioned that. It really is my hardest bar and lasts forever in the shower. Also, with the problems I've been having with sweating, it's the one that does not. I was thinking I'll start using it in everything lol

Maybe the others who have tried it don't like that it lasts too long haha... lessens the chance of getting more soap from you ;)

Back