What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night got printer all set and finished getting labels done on the template.

I use Avery but print on a 'Sticker sheet' so I can cut my own size. This way I get 8 labels per sheet and it wraps on the box from 1/2 on the front, over one end and 1/2 on the back. Name, scent, weight, scent, ingredients. This way I don't have to cut 3 separate stickers to put on :) Work SMARTER not harder ;) Yes I have to cut 4 times per sticker sheet on the big paper cutter but it saves Money & time. Plus if it doesn't print on the Sticker part of a pre-cut sticker sheet it won't matter win-win :dance:

FM this morning then printing and boxing.

I get pre-printed from Avery--how much of a savings is it to print your own. after the cost of ink, stickers etc? I am trying to decide if it would be worth it for me but I would have to buy another printer

Last night got printer all set and finished getting labels done on the template.

I use Avery but print on a 'Sticker sheet' so I can cut my own size. This way I get 8 labels per sheet and it wraps on the box from 1/2 on the front, over one end and 1/2 on the back. Name, scent, weight, scent, ingredients. This way I don't have to cut 3 separate stickers to put on :) Work SMARTER not harder ;) Yes I have to cut 4 times per sticker sheet on the big paper cutter but it saves Money & time. Plus if it doesn't print on the Sticker part of a pre-cut sticker sheet it won't matter win-win :dance:

FM this morning then printing and boxing.
You go, girl!!!

I get pre-printed from Avery--how much of a savings is it to print your own. after the cost of ink, stickers etc? I am trying to decide if it would be worth it for me but I would have to buy another printer
I have a few soaps that have different ingredients so this way I can not only change the Name of the scent but a few ingredients too :) Plus like I said I get 8 full labels per sheet, they are about 2" wide by 5 inches long and I can't find that anywhere. My mold does 16 bars, so 2 sheet per scent :thumbs:

I have a few soaps that have different ingredients so this way I can not only change the Name of the scent but a few ingredients too :) Plus like I said I get 8 full labels per sheet, they are about 2" wide by 5 inches long and I can't find that anywhere. My mold does 16 bars, so 2 sheet per scent :thumbs:

so its like comparing apples to oranges!! I need to do some research and find out if getting a printer and printing my own would make sense for me. I use different ingreds also and right now I am handwriting things on the labels (no complaints from the customers but I don't like it) I would love to have consistency in my labels

I measured out oils to make a tallow/lard combination soap. I have curing a soap with tallow, and a soap with lard. The combination with both was going to be the completion of my experiments with animal fats to see how my recipe works with each, and which I like best. I'm trying to create a "go-to" recipe that I feel I can safely master batch (I hate weighing out oils). "The One" - it's like trying to find a marriage partner lol. I have gotten to the point where I'm recognizing the balance of fatty acids that I like, but I'm trying to reduce the cost of my hobby by using less expensive fats that still result in an excellent bar.

Unfortunately, I am about 1 oz short of lye. GRRRRR!!!! I have to run to Arizona Soap Supply and get more. It's about 45 minute drive, but I'm going. By the time I get back I don't know if I'll be making soap today or not. Maybe tomorrow. :/

I measured out oils to make a tallow/lard combination soap. I have curing a soap with tallow, and a soap with lard. The combination with both was going to be the completion of my experiments with animal fats to see how my recipe works with each, and which I like best. I'm trying to create a "go-to" recipe that I feel I can safely master batch (I hate weighing out oils). "The One" - it's like trying to find a marriage partner lol. I have gotten to the point where I'm recognizing the balance of fatty acids that I like, but I'm trying to reduce the cost of my hobby by using less expensive fats that still result in an excellent bar.

Unfortunately, I am about 1 oz short of lye. GRRRRR!!!! I have to run to Arizona Soap Supply and get more. It's about 45 minute drive, but I'm going. By the time I get back I don't know if I'll be making soap today or not. Maybe tomorrow. :/
:beatinghead:

If she got an Epson Eco Tank one fill of the tanks will last a good year and these labels work great in it. These are really cheap labels, I know they are 2x4 but they may have full sheet labels available. I print a lot of labels and the ink just keeps going and going. I will mention I do not use it for weatherproof labels for lotions, etc, but use Avery labels in my laser printer.

ETA: label link https://tinyurl.com/y6req9ep

so its like comparing apples to oranges!! I need to do some research and find out if getting a printer and printing my own would make sense for me. I use different ingreds also and right now I am handwriting things on the labels (no complaints from the customers but I don't like it) I would love to have consistency in my labels
It is time consuming, but I was just hanging out listening to soothing music and it took me a few hours to print (also change names on the template 16 times for the scent) & cut labels for about 300 bars. There was also time to google names to change things too... plus I also got a bit sidetracked and started to mix 4 different scents to make one that I like. I have the ADD going on from time to time.
Also DD came in a few times to bother me about the weird show she is watching ;)

@cmzaha too bad they don't have Clear labels at that price ! ;)

just received my planer/beveler. I tried it out--love it, I think its going to come in very handy
I so want one of those! What kind did you get?

Soap labeling is a huge amount of work! Even though I’m not selling, I’m labeling everything I give to my testers. I would be horrified if someone had an allergic reaction because I didn’t label properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is time consuming, but I was just hanging out listening to soothing music and it took me a few hours to print (also change names on the template 16 times for the scent) & cut labels for about 300 bars. There was also time to google names to change things too... plus I also got a bit sidetracked and started to mix 4 different scents to make one that I like. I have the ADD going on from time to time.
Also DD came in a few times to bother me about the weird show she is watching ;)

@cmzaha too bad they don't have Clear labels at that price ! ;)
I just bought a hundred sheets of full sheet labels on Amazon fairly cheap. Im pretty sure i saw clear sheets as well.

Im making cranberry citrus soap tonight and gearing up for my design your own lotion sale.

I so want one of those! What kind did you get?

it came from Richard Pang, Taiwan. its clear acrylic. I have been wanting it for awhile but the shipping was as much as the product cost. but on the bright side it came faster than some of my scents I order

cranberry citrus

that sounds lovely

Soap labeling is a huge amount of work! Even though I’m not selling, I’m labeling everything I give to my testers. I would be horrified if someone had an allergic reaction because I didn’t label properly.

so far I find it relaxing though, well all but the shrink wrapping but I sometimes think that is getting better too

Last edited by a moderator:
Well this is a first, My HP was so fluid I had to bank it with skewers so it wouldn't go over the edge of the mold.. :eek: I like a bit of a top on it so I make a bit more batter to account for it and normally, I have no issue... not sooo today

I was going to box up the 300 soaps today but then this happened when I opened up the window to the East side of the soap room..... that is my soap table- what she is NOT suppose to be on :( But she is old and I can't say no.

IMG_20190811_081855336[1].jpg

Latest posts

Back