What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woot! First time using glitter. How very exciting!
Fragrance is sugar plum:
View attachment 40340
That looks like a pretty color! Holiday soap? I better get on the bandwagon!

I used an annatto infusion with salt..soleseife....went white pretty fast!
The madder colorant May have faded somewhat in my salt bars. The indigo looks has gotten darker. I will post pics tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a pretty color! Holiday soap? I better get on the bandwagon!
We don't do 'holiday' like y'all do over there. It's still called Christmas here, and it's very low-key. Sure, families get together for a big mid-day lunch, but bearing in mind that it's summer time here, it's usually a big outdoor barbecue (or 'cook-out' I think you call it). I'm not sure people would go crazy over Christmassy type scents - but it could be worth trying a few to give as gifts this year I suppose.

You WILL post inside pics right???
:goodbye1:
Is the Pope a Catholic???????????/

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a annatto infused soap with an in the pot swirl of yellow oxide....my fake ghost swirl...
This made me smile.

I checked my curing soap today. And took small pieces for testing, they're about two weeks old. Coffee and turmeric soaps.

Then I found a detergent bottle, cleaned that for doing master batch lye. I need to look up again what does the numbers at the bottom mean, whether it suitable for keeping lye or not.

Is this a bio glitter by any chance? Glitter will soon be banned in the UK as it is in the family of micro beads but I was wondering if bio glitter would just dissolve on top of soap batter?
Yes it is bio glitter. And it does seem to have dulled somewhat since going through gel. But since the name of the soap is sugar plum it still suits - because it looks like granulated sugar.

Wow.. I posted on here like 4-5 years ago and this thing is still going after being gone several years. Very cool.
Today I unmolded a 20 layer fall soap only to realize I had 10% SF somehow which I can't say I've ever used. I blame my baby smacking the keyboard or no sleep lately as I have no clue how this happened and its so soft! This one always takes all day to do. :(

Wow.. I posted on here like 4-5 years ago and this thing is still going after being gone several years. Very cool.
Today I unmolded a 20 layer fall soap only to realize I had 10% SF somehow which I can't say I've ever used. I blame my baby smacking the keyboard or no sleep lately as I have no clue how this happened and its so soft! This one always takes all day to do. :(
Your higher superfat soap will be loved by all this winter when everyone gets dry skin....so you are ahead of the game!

I'm curious to know how a summertime Christmas affects your associations. For example, what are the tastes and smells of Christmas for you?
Our Christmas isn't summertime but being where I am my color, scent and tastes associations are somewhat different too. We do celebrate our Christmas with a bang though... I'm sure this will be a long thread once it's created **hint lol**

How long has it been since your last soap?
It's been three weeks, feels like longer! I keep seeing all the wonderful soaps people are posting here and it makes me want to experiment further -- my soaps have been pretty basic so far, you can see what I've done so far here, and here is my latest:

Calendula Infused Soap (with plain soap upright in middle for comparison)
Calendula Infused Soap_800.jpg

I made, what hopefully turns out to be, my first salt bars.... We shall see soon.
Oh - I thought you'd been salty girl from way back?
I'm having thoughts of making a 'triple coconut' bar using coconut milk, finely desiccated coconut, and 3 x FOs - Creamy coconut, toasted coconut and island coconut.

Oh - I thought you'd been salty girl from way back?
I'm having thoughts of making a 'triple coconut' bar using coconut milk, finely desiccated coconut, and 3 x FOs - Creamy coconut, toasted coconut and island coconut.
Do it hehehe

I've done several brine soaps and I love em. This is the first time salt went after trace, not in the water :)

I've let them be. They're in individual molds so I don't need to babysit them. I'll figure I should check every half hour, just coz lol

My soapy activities were all prep work for the weekend. I made some rice milk and am going to try using it for some of the water in my next soap batch. Kind of skeered - the only milk I've used so far is coconut milk. Rice milk is starchy so I'm hoping it plays nice. I also hope it makes a nice soap because it was kind of a pain to make! I also made some heart embeds and am going to attempt to make curls of soap for a melt and pour project although I haven't quite figured out the design yet. I'm starting to plan for Christmas presents. This way I allow myself time for any goofs and re-do's lol.

Latest posts

Back