What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I am going to clean the house from top to bottom. (Well maybe not entirely bottom because The basement is No Man’s Land thanks to my husband’s hoarding tendencies.) so no time for soapy fun today. I’m getting ready for my older daughter, Sheridan, and her husband, Michael, to come up from Charlotte to help celebrate my husband’s 60th birthday.

Y’all make me laugh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I cut my soap just now from my wall pour 2 days ago. Not what I was envisioning but I am a HAPPY CAMPER with it!! I can't stop staring at them...
15616568185814497239568425206653.jpg

Yesterday I went home at lunch to unmold the first batch of cupcake soaps so I could wash and reuse the molds for round 2! After work, I made between 24-30 new cupcake bases (can't remember exactly how many off the top of my head), did more soap dishes (they never seem to end!), melted a jug of coconut oil to pour into a bowl with a larger opening so its easier to access, and then portioned out three batches worth of my hard oils for my next three rounds of soap!

Tonight I'm hoping to frost my newly made cupcake bases. I have two different scents I'm planning to do for these holiday cupcakes, so tonight I should finish the first scent batch, and then I'll move on to making the second scent batches this weekend!

I managed to finish frosting the rest of the cupcakes last night! Had a bit of an issue with my piping tip getting clogged, but was able to sort it out pretty quickly to get the rest piped. I also managed to get one of my newer bars posted to my shop and shared on social media.

Tonight's to do:
Post another new bar to my online shop and share on social media
Plan out fall/winter soaps
Order supplies - considering ordering larger bulk sizes since I'm ramping up production and running through oils faster than I used to. I just don't know where I'll store it all in my tiny place!

I've been rummaging through the freezer to find some beer i put in there, for beer soap. Brought out what I thought was it, but now I'm not convinced. I think it might be sparkling rose? I've licked it, but it doesn't taste like either. What to do? Make a beer soap with it anyway and just call it beer soap even though it might be wine?
Yes, I know, I should label my stuff in the freezer.

Well I cut my soap just now from my wall pour 2 days ago. Not what I was envisioning but I am a HAPPY CAMPER with it!! I can't stop staring at them...View attachment 39973
Just gorgeous - very pretty colours.

ETA: Just clicked that it was sitting on a metal rack - get it off there and store it on wood, plastic or paper, lined with paper if need be. Metal can react with the lye.

I've been rummaging through the freezer to find some beer i put in there, for beer soap. Brought out what I thought was it, but now I'm not convinced. I think it might be sparkling rose? I've licked it, but it doesn't taste like either. What to do? Make a beer soap with it anyway and just call it beer soap even though it might be wine?
Yes, I know, I should label my stuff in the freezer.
Maybe you could call it “Ethyl” after the ethyl alcohol in adult beverages. Or ETOH which is the chemical name for ethyl alcohol. That way you don’t have to guess if it’s beer or wine. ;)o_O Of course it probably wouldn’t mean anything to a non-medical type.:shakinghead:
(Just noticed all emoticons I can add!)

Well I cut my soap just now from my wall pour 2 days ago. Not what I was envisioning but I am a HAPPY CAMPER with it!! I can't stop staring at them...View attachment 39973
Very pretty!

Created a hardening liquid for my soap the other day and I used it in a batch I made yesterday. I unmolded the soap and it was much firmer than a soap I had curing. Some of the soaps I made last week are still very soft. So far so good. I also learned to water discount so that helped as well.

I already know I can't use this liquid for swirling. It setups very quickly in the mold. You will have no time to swirl.

Kind of soapy, I ordered and received some seal-able sample foils and I am going to send a friend a bunch of samples in them to see how they hold up in summer weather. Things like whipped soap, lotion, shampoo, paw balm etc. Also ordered a hand held sealer because my impulse sealer is kind of large for these small foils. should be an interesting experiment

Just gorgeous - very pretty colours.

ETA: Just clicked that it was sitting on a metal rack - get it off there and store it on wood, plastic or paper, lined with paper if need be. Metal can react with the lye.

OH! I had no idea about that!!! I have literally all of my batches sitting on stainless steel baking racks...should I get paper under all of them?

Very pretty!

Thank you so much!

Well, I made some soap. It is mostly a failure but I'd say it was also a success. My main interest was trying some embeds in my hot process soap. I was going for kinda a polka dot look with a white bar. And somehow 2 reds ended up right next to each other even though I tried to make sure that wouldn't happen! Lol. Anyways, that's the least of my worries. I'm thinking the combination of a heavy dose of water and TD after the cook gave me a glycerine swamp.

I'm happy that the embeds seem to work just fine and it gives me lots of ideas for the future. Also I think my "dots" aren't random enough. My plan moving forward was really to just have 1 or 2 embeds in a single color bar and have a different shaped embed for each soap. I wanted to put a bunch in this soap to really test it out. So... Mostly a failure as a soap but also a success.

Edit: and I just realized the front bar is upside-down! Lol. What a day.

PhotoPictureResizer_190628_095808775_crop_4032x2033-1612x813.jpg

Still making more ugly sweater embeds. I must be getting better because last night's embeds were extremely ugly!
Making another batch of ugly sweater soaps (I have a total of 4 to do so I'm halfway done!) if I get my mold washed.

Making a batch of sugar scrub - still trying to decide on the fragrance though...
Calling a lady about a three day show in October.

This weekend's plans:
Finishing up the stupid ugly sweater soaps (remind me next year when this customer comes back with a dumb idea to talk her into something more reasonable... oh, wait, I said that last year too when she wanted Leg Lamp soaps...)
Photo editing
Video editing
Seriously need to make a decision on sugar scrubs...
Star San bucket for sanitizing jars
email newsletter
Package Club soaps
Start packaging brewery soaps

I went to the shop and bought a bottle of beer. I'm sure they thought I was mad buying one bottle of beer at 11am! Anyway, my soap is made and now setting up:
View attachment 39974
Nice texture!

OH! I had no idea about that!!! I have literally all of my batches sitting on stainless steel baking racks...should I get paper under all of them?
. I use plastic grids that I believe are used for cross stitch. Got them at a craft supply store.

Back