What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned up the soap dungeon a bit. Took buttermilk out of the freezer. Will MB oils either tonight or tomorrow morning. Might get to make the last batch of soap cupcakes for my July release tomorrow night. Made sugar Scrubs with my daughters group of friends. Yep I will need to have an extra set of hands if I do that for yoga camp. 4 girls was about all I could handle. They really liked making it though and getting to pick out fragrance and color. The different personalities definitely showed when it came to scents. Still hoping to get a batch of bubble bars done for next weekend's show.

20190524_124134.jpg
Made Almond Oatmeal Goat Milk Soap!

Searched all over for my bag of silk cocoons, got way overheated, turned the AC on (indoor humidity was up to 60%), decided to look again where I last kept it & there it was - the bag had fallen down behind other things & I missed it in my previous 3 or 4 searches this week! So I will be able to add silk to the soap I plan to make today, having not been able to do so these past couple of weeks. But first, I will relax and cool off while the AC removes some of this humidity from the air before I continue.

Master-batched next 4 loads, transferred bagged colorants to plastic jars, organized said colorants and fragrances in soap cabinet and finished set-up of eCommerce website—all while smoking a pork butt, slab of ribs and turkey breast; working out then walking the dog. I’m bushed!
You are way more organized than I. I bought a 6' high by 4' long shelving unit to try and organize my supplies.. yeah, I just had more room for more soap and supplies and my micas are still stacked and disorganized and Im out of room.

Lol to all you fellow shapers, I have been in a funk lately.Actually got several new essential oils in recently, but for some reason all of the possibilities are swirling around in my head rather than in the mold...seems like it is harder and harder to decide what soap to make, what additives, colorants, fragrances, etc...maybe later today.I am still bummed because the las two batches I soaped at room temp and they did not go thru gel phase and the colors were not great...

You are way more organized than I. I bought a 6' high by 4' long shelving unit to try and organize my supplies.. yeah, I just had more room for more soap and supplies and my micas are still stacked and disorganized and Im out of room.
Problem is, I’m not—just managing the chaos. I am always working to gain efficiency, and find that I waste a ton of time looking for things My wife would laugh at that—The other day, I was walking around the house on my phone...LOOKING for my phone. :confused: There are so many parts and pieces...base oils, colorants, fragrance, additives, molds, cutters, photography stuff, packaging, shipping supplies, not to mention the finished soap. So, stuff is crammed everywhere. Thank goodness, we’re empty-nesters, so there’s about half of our house that is basically unused. I’d like to add a sink and convert a bedroom to a soap studio, but that’s not gonna cut it in marital harmony category. I do have my eye on this one juicy walk-in closet.

Problem is, I’m not—just managing the chaos. I am always working to gain efficiency, and find that I waste a ton of time looking for things My wife would laugh at that—The other day, I was walking around the house on my phone...LOOKING for my phone. :confused: There are so many parts and pieces...base oils, colorants, fragrance, additives, molds, cutters, photography stuff, packaging, shipping supplies, not to mention the finished soap. So, stuff is crammed everywhere. Thank goodness, we’re empty-nesters, so there’s about half of our house that is basically unused. I’d like to add a sink and convert a bedroom to a soap studio, but that’s not gonna cut it in marital harmony category. I do have my eye on this one juicy walk-in closet.
I have a room of the house I use for my “studio” as I puts with crafts as well as soaping, would love to soap there, but there is no sink, so, alas, I am relegated to soaping in a somewhat cramped utility room, but it DOES have a sink...yay!

Sliced some confetti soap that I made yesterday. Used a 2lb mold for the first time, and decided on a whim to double it. 18 bars instead of the normal 4-5 that I usually do per batch.
What have I done?
Also used glitter for the first time, and it's very pretty, but I may have gotten it everywhere though...

Attachments

• 1558882218225103441928448787749.jpg
    1558882218225103441928448787749.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 42
I’d like to add a sink and convert a bedroom to a soap studio, but that’s not gonna cut it in marital harmony category. I do have my eye on this one juicy walk-in closet.

That is exactly what I have planned and hopefully will get it started this year. I already talked to my granddaughter about it, as it is her room I plan to convert and didn't want her to feel displaced. She doesn't live here, but has always had her own room in our house ever since she was born. But she is a mere one year away from graduating high school and going off to college, and doesn't visit as often as she used to, so I figured she wouldn't mind if I changed her room to the other spare bedroom.

Now she is going to a soapmaking conference with me, so she may actually find visiting me with a soapmaking studio on the same floor as her room might entice another visit to the old hometown.

But it has to be built first.

The reason I chose her room is because it shares a wall with the upstairs bathroom and putting a kitchenette along that wall would be the easiest way to accomplish that aspect of my soaping studio. We have a whole section of kitchen cabinetry including the kitchen sink in our basement that is left over from my in-laws kitchen renovation years ago. They held onto it for years, then when they sold their house, my husband put it in our basement. It will work perfectly and also cut costs for the renovation.

All we have to do is call and get it started.

The other day, I was walking around the house on my phone...LOOKING for my phone.
Smack Laugh.gif
Sounds like me... walking around looking for my glasses... while wearing my glasses on the top of my head! :rolleyes:

Soaping Goal for the Day: Correct the oopsie I posted on the Gripes Thread. In a "senior moment" of lapsed concentration, I poured melted coconut oil into an opened, half empty, bottle of olive oil sitting next to the scale instead of back into its container. :eek: I wrote down the net weight of the CO. Now I have to calculate the weight of the OO before figuring out what I'm going to do with it. Then it will be "cross-fingers time" to see if the formula works. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back