What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think soaping attracts the mad scientists.

I always soap in my good pearls. Adds a little extra sauciness to the batch!
upload_2019-2-9_8-10-16.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I sacrificed an end piece to play with a new toy I received. I love how my extended family is buying me stuff in lieu of paying me for the free soap they happen to be testers for, whether they realize it or not bahaha
_20190209_105529.JPG

I wanted to check if the impression will go deep enough, the size of the letters against the size of the soap (I think they're a tad too big for this one, though), and to see how soft I should be stamping. Now is too hard, I'll try again with whatever soap I'll make next.

Everything about the soap I made is cracking me up with its beefy-ness.
1. It's made from and still smells like tallow. Albeit peppermint beef.
2. It looks like a marbled steak, so I've joined the hamburger soap club.
3. If you look at the two soaps on the bottom, they even look like cows facing each other.

I figured that while I was struggling with getting the glop in the mold yesterday, I might as well add a line of blue mica between the colors to see if I could make it look like veining in stone. Ha ha. It just looks like cow hooves. Hope this ridiculous soap makes someone smile today. View attachment 36026View attachment 36027
I'm setting up the barbie Martha - you bring the steaks!

I sacrificed an end piece to play with a new toy I received. I love how my extended family is buying me stuff in lieu of paying me for the free soap they happen to be testers for, whether they realize it or not bahaha
View attachment 36071
I wanted to check if the impression will go deep enough, the size of the letters against the size of the soap (I think they're a tad too big for this one, though), and to see how soft I should be stamping. Now is too hard, I'll try again with whatever soap I'll make next.

Clingfilm and a rubber mallet is what iv seen suggested Cling film im guessing so bits dont get stuck inbetween the letters and not sure why the rubber mallet but iv got one to try.

I made some little cards yesterday to be given out with my soaps for ingridients and little tips for lopking after the soaps.

Feel like crap today not sure im safe for going out in public in an absolutly foul mood and got a headache but no painkillers :(

The rubber mallet gently tapped helps give even pressure which is hard to do with just you hand. It takes some practice and patience finding just the right time to do it.

I thought it would be something along those lines but iv only tried using the stamp a few times so still working that out. Better get practising then i guess.0

This soaping malarky is involving more and more jobs lol

3. If you look at the two soaps on the bottom, they even look like cows facing each other.

I figured that while I was struggling with getting the glop in the mold yesterday, I might as well add a line of blue mica between the colors to see if I could make it look like veining in stone. Ha ha. It just looks like cow hooves. Hope this ridiculous soap makes someone smile today. View attachment 36026View attachment 36027[/QU

Peppermint Patty:D

I figured that while I was struggling with getting the glop in the mold yesterday, I might as well add a line of blue mica between the colors to see if I could make it look like veining in stone. Ha ha. It just looks like cow hooves. Hope this ridiculous soap makes someone smile today. View attachment 36026View attachment 36027

I see your cows too! :p The soaps do look like fatty steaks! I wonder if there is a way to process the tallow that will remove the odor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man... I've been down with the flu for 4 days,but I need to prep for this show.. and what a mess! I ruined a batch of HPLS by using NaOH instead of KOH... duh!! Clearly, my brain is still addled... oh well.. back to the studio to try again...

Made a batch of orange bars. Only have enough SW for one more full batch. Not sure if I’ll buy more if the Zany Zoaps are as nice as I hope. They still have a few more weeks in the incubator before shower ready.

Oh man... I've been down with the flu for 4 days,but I need to prep for this show.. and what a mess! I ruined a batch of HPLS by using NaOH instead of KOH... duh!! Clearly, my brain is still addled... oh well.. back to the studio to try again...

Oh Loralei!! How terrible! I know about addled brain lately. Have done some dumb stuff, myself.
Feel better soon!

Latest posts

Back