What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put together a Christmas themed soap today. Scented with peppermint EO with just a touch of cedarwood EO added. Hopefully it will turn out well and tomorrow when I cut it I will take better pics.

Attachments

• 15454D51-B84E-4768-917E-93039514E2FA.png
    15454D51-B84E-4768-917E-93039514E2FA.png
    674.3 KB · Views: 28
Put together a Christmas themed soap today. Scented with peppermint EO with just a touch of cedarwood EO added. Hopefully it will turn out well and tomorrow when I cut it I will take better pics.
I love the swirls on the top. Its the one thing I have always been jealous of since I only do HP. Just havent worked up the nerve to try it

Tonight I made Cotton Candy soap (Not real wintery but a customer ordered a full loaf worth) its in the freezer cooling off. I also made a batch of Bubbly Salt Cakes and scented with Pink Berry Mimosa. My soap room lighting isnt good so no pictures of those tonight and I sure cant move them yet lol.

Here is my soap in the freezer though, as you can see, my tops are somewhat rough but I try to play with that a bit.
45846537_199562717602117_7868106337941454848_n.jpg

View attachment 33112
Just finished canning 15+ quarts of Bear tallow
Please satisfy my curiosity, as my country has no bears and I'd probably never get to even see bear tallow.. .. Is this all from one bear? I know they are big but....

Cut my amberwood soap and I love it.
View attachment 33113
It looks nice even now :D

Friend just sent me a picture of the soap after she cut it
I used a Pringles chip container
View attachment 33119View attachment 33120
Yey for Pringles containers. I've only been using those, and milk cartons if I don't want circular. They're awesome! Your soap looks nice too :D

Just finished up a batch of Cool Citrus Basil and another of White Tea & Ginger! I'll post pictures after the cut tomorrow. Nice to get a couple of wins under the belt after my stinky stinky neem oil soap :( Still holding out hope that it'll quit smelling after a good long cure.
Sounds nice, can't wait for tomorrow hehe..
My neem soap seems to be slowly but surely smelling nicer each time I check on it but I have my fingers crossed for both our soaps :D

Put together a Christmas themed soap today.
Yey more pics tomorrow!
I love looking at other people's pretty soaps :D

I love the swirls on the top. Its the one thing I have always been jealous of since I only do HP. Just havent worked up the nerve to try it

Tonight I made Cotton Candy soap (Not real wintery but a customer ordered a full loaf worth) its in the freezer cooling off. I also made a batch of Bubbly Salt Cakes and scented with Pink Berry Mimosa. My soap room lighting isnt good so no pictures of those tonight and I sure cant move them yet lol.

Here is my soap in the freezer though, as you can see, my tops are somewhat rough but I try to play with that a bit.
View attachment 33134
I've tried swirls and HP but have been failing. Someday we'll get there! Haha
Stupid question - are salt cakes, salt soaps? Lol

I've done nothing as nice as you guys coz I'm still waiting for my lye to come.... But I did flip over my rebatch, to get air on all sides, and changed the paper they're resting on. I think it's still too early to leave them alone because the brown paper bag they're sitting on is soaked. So I'll keep flipping until the paper bag stays somewhat dry, then I'll put them away for a nice long cure.

Very nice soaps Steffamarie. Beautiful swirls in them.

I cut my batch a little early too because I am impatient as well.
A little disappointed in the color and definitely disappointed in the lack of swirl in this batch. It was my first attempt at multi-color and doing a swirl so I will take it though. I think the consistency was a little thicker than I would have liked and I used a thin skewer stick.
The peppermint smells wonderful.

Attachments

• A8B07195-564C-4B16-A890-B83D48DA4200.jpeg
    A8B07195-564C-4B16-A890-B83D48DA4200.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 2714DFFE-15F3-4140-8038-E8CAFDE2D84D.jpeg
    2714DFFE-15F3-4140-8038-E8CAFDE2D84D.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 659088F8-4968-421A-8696-E1E03C3E8D94.jpeg
    659088F8-4968-421A-8696-E1E03C3E8D94.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 42
Cut both my soaps this morning! They were a little soft, but I’m very impatient. The green and yellow is WSP Cool Citrus Basil and the pink and green is Elements B&B White Tea & Ginger. Both soaped like a dream! Drop swirls poured at light trace. View attachment 33144View attachment 33145View attachment 33146
Love the pink and green!

A little disappointed in the color and definitely disappointed in the lack of swirl in this batch. It was my first attempt at multi-color and doing a swirl so I will take it though. I think the consistency was a little thicker than I would have liked and I used a thin skewer stick.
Yes, take it! I think it looks pretty cool. For a first attempt any swirl I'll take lol and since that's gone and I did not get swirls... Haha

Love the colour. Very pretty. Very feminine. For the next time... I've found that when the batter gets a little thick to swirl with a skewer, try a spoon swirl... or a hanger swirl. I make a black & white side by side and I use a hanger swirl to get it done.

Mischief,
That is a good idea. I was hoping for a darker red color but this color will work with the peppermint EO well enough. Also, no one but me will no what color that I was going for... lol.
I did add about a tsp of TD to the white portion of the mix and it was definitely thicker than the red (pink) half. It was a fun learning experience.

I broke my website on Saturday, so I spent 10 hours fixing all of my listings and then another 3 hours doing photo shoots, edits and new listings for seasonal sets. Guess who did not get to make soap? Sigh. Then on Sunday my daughter wasn't feeling well, she's still at the age where when she's sick she wants mom cuddles so we piled onto the family room couch and had a Harry Potter movie marathon. Hoping to tackle the pine tar soap tonight.

just weighted out my butters oils and goats milk to make another batch tonight going to put fragrance and beeswax in this one

Whipped and mixed up my fluffy shave cream from one of my cream soap bases. I also managed to sneak home and get 4 gallons of lotion base made. I am only making 2 different lotions at this time. It was the getting lotion made, since I am stuck at the parents, that has been driving me nuts. I simply told my mom I had to go home and get it made. It is now off my mind...:D

just finished my goats milk and beeswax soap. i think i also figured out why or at least part of the reason why my last batch took so long to harden, i only mixed it to a light trace for some reason not sure what my decision making was behind that idea but mixed this one to a medium to thick trace and it looks much better already. suppose ill find out tomorrow if this one harderns quicker than my last batch

Back