What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a new batch of cream soap in the crock pot. Also poured Sugared Cranberries and Sugared Spruce from www.thecandlesource.com They have the best Sugared Cranberry and Spruce I have tried. The foaming bath butter I made in the wee hrs of the morning came out very good, and not sticky this time. I split the glycerin with propylene glycol, which cut the stickiness, my girls love a face wash I make with it

Last edited:
Does this recipe seem a little short on water? (2nd Photo)

Anyways, I live for the smell when I combine cocoa butter and cocoa powder.
IMG_20181028_120117.jpeg
1540762669845.jpeg

Sea water (Brine), sea kelp, dusted with Matcha green tea powder.
received_1580095775470279.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Went in soap queen and saw a recipe where they use menthol crystals. In soap..

I have camphor crystals.ehich I have seen used in an older soap book... So I replaced menthol for camphor. Added some Brazilian lemon eucalyptus. Used the poppy seeds, put a stamp on it and presto
IMG_20181028_145410.jpeg

Finished soaps for stocking the store for the year. Made WSP's Gingerbread Man (omg... soooo good! I had to stop myself from licking the soap spoon), and a menthol/eucalyptus/rosemary soleseife. Somehow managed to break the soleseife when I unmolded it :( but I did end up with 5 regular sized bars. The smaller bars will go into the misfits bin. Also made a batch of lip balm rings.

Edited a few videos and scheduled for YouTube. Have a few more that need to be done yet.

This week will be finishing up a few lip balm flavors and making bubble scoops, and putting together a gift basket door prize for next week's show. I also have to figure out a distribution issue to get beer from a brewery 4+ hours away to my door for soapmaking.

Lye, Water and most of the oils are measured out.
Just lining the molds and waiting till a bit later to start.

Trying to figure out Which scents to bring to a mid Nov show that only allows me to have a 5 or 6 foot table.

:thumbs::thumbs: did the samples soap well?

The jury is out on them. Had some interesting color for sure. One turned bright pink another orange. I've not had that much of a discolor when the FO was added other yellow a time or two. I don't care for several of them. Hard to distinguish the notes in them. Might not be the best at this afterall. Thought one was coffee oob was actually more cherry when added to the batter, now not sure what it is...ha ha. We'll see, going to try to pour 4 more tonight.

The jury is out on them. Had some interesting color for sure. One turned bright pink another orange. I've not had that much of a discolor when the FO was added other yellow a time or two. I don't care for several of them. Hard to distinguish the notes in them. Might not be the best at this afterall. Thought one was coffee oob was actually more cherry when added to the batter, now not sure what it is...ha ha. We'll see, going to try to pour 4 more tonight.
I had severe overheating but not pretty funky bright colors :eek:

For tonight I am getting out 3 of my stick blenders and working on my solid squishy sugar scrubs with a dual lye hp. I want a cp sugar scrub that stays squishable but will pop out of molds. I made a batch this morning and I am very close. It takes me 3 stick blenders to get it to the staying point because I do not have much stearic in the recipe. I end up adding soap shreds to get the batter to stay together.

Once the soap is cooking I will be making some bubble scoops.

Tried out a soleseife today... Very first time trying CP after a few HP batches.

I wanted to soap but was lazy to set up the slow cooker lol

My own recipe but followed calculations and advise I got from this forum.

If all goes well I'll post pics tomorrow hehe.. Hoping for the best!

Oh I cut soap yesterday.
One must have been on a bump as it gelled and I didn't catch it. So I have one set that is flatish on top and bit higher on one side :confused: grr hate that.

Back