What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great!is it white by itself or did you add TD?
I used TD. Probably should make some natural-colored soaps at some point if only just to see. Maybe I'll pour a tester out of the batch I make today! I use RBO and palm so I doubt it'll be very light, but it would be nice to know. :)

Finally made soap last night. Its been a lil cray cray around here lately (Ignore the lamp in the background lol) Ill have to retake the pic but im too tired at the moment.
cranberry bourbon1.jpg

Beautiful!!!

I cut my Night Blooming Jasmine today and it turned out so nice [emoji1360] I really should get a planer. I did finally splurge on a single wire cutter! My knife cuts are just not even and the cheese cutting block I bought isn’t wide enough.
View attachment 32551View attachment 32552
I love the swirls! Its always fun to cut and see whats inside

Very little accomplished, due to still being sick. I really thought I was over it as I felt pretty good Friday and most of Saturday, then Sunday struck bad. I'm struggling to get through the work day, have called and made another dr. appointment for today. I have done nothing other than a show on Saturday. One of my best of the year. It's a short drive, easy setup, and not a long show. This year was kind of weird because the crowd was ready to go at 9am when doors opened, so the majority of my sales were all before noon. A huge lunch crowd that ONLY came for lunch. They did not buy me out (I didn't think they would given how much stock I have), but it was still excellent sales. After the show I went around to the spa to swap out stock and get paid. I did finally get orders mailed out, thanks to my lovely daughter, she helped me with the packing and addressing on Friday night, and then made sure Dad got her to the PO in time to send them out on Saturday. Sunday I relapsed, couldn't hardly breathe, a splitting headache and stomach issues, so I spent most of the day sleeping. Ugh. I am so far behind now for getting things done for Christmas. No bubble scoops made, I have 6 soaps now that I need to get done in the next week, and I'm running out of time. Three nights this week are already booked with other things, Saturday is the annual aunts & nieces weekend, and Sunday is daughter's birthday party. Ugh. I might just have to suck it up and get stuff done.

Thanks for letting me whine. I appreciate it.

Just sat down from a 14 hr soaping day including cleanup. I did manage to get 10 batches made. Asian Sandalwood, Santa's Pipe, Tobacco Leaf and Amber (2 batches), Nagy Dragon, Orchid & Amber, Sugared Spruce, Cedar Sage and Blackberry and Autumn Leaves. I am getting to old for this...View attachment 32535

I like to split CO and PKO. I find PKO to be a little more gentle

I'm seriously exhausted after just imaging making all that soap! But I get you're feeling very satisfied right now! Good for you!

admittedly it wasn't today but I spent about 2 hours late last week cutting and wrapping my cured soaps in an attempt to make more space for curing more for when I was feeling less man flued. Been making candles and trying out some new scents while iv been ill because of the less effort it requires but mostly as a result of boredom due to lack of energy. again not soap related but iv just ordered some lip balm tubes and I'm going to make a batch of plain lip balm for any homeless folk I see on my travels along with storing a case of bottled water and multi pack bag of crisps for them in my car. Im planning on going into my local town specifically to give these away a couple times a month. It gets pretty **** cold even with proper coats and layers ect can't imagine what the poor folk forced to live on the streets (and thanks to our government doing very little to help there are more and more that end up on the streets) feel like when it gets cold so thought I'd do my bit to give a little energy and happiness to them in hard times. not so sure they would appriciate getting bars of soap so lip balms it is.

Wrapping and boxing up soaps today. Later to go pick up Palm oil...and a lot of it

I'm sorry it's off topic but out of curiosity can you just get stuff like palm oil and other soap supplies from a supermarket in America? Iv read that stuff like distilled water is much more readily available in America than it is in the UK and possibly generally Europe.

I'm sorry it's off topic but out of curiosity can you just get stuff like palm oil and other soap supplies from a supermarket in America? Iv read that stuff like distilled water is much more readily available in America than it is in the UK and possibly generally Europe.

Not Lin but yes, Palm can be purchased at some markets though its not as easily accessible at say Lard. I can buy palm shortening but it's quite a bit more expensive than getting it from another supplier. Distilled water is in the store so that is readily available as are some oils like Olive.

Trying to formulate my 4th batch of soap (ever) using the soapmaking friend soap calc, so I'm "testing" it at the same time.

I want to replicate one failed batch. By replicate I mean successfully make nice looking, usable soap.. Because the failure was very nice to use, as a matter of fact, but looked horrible (crumbly and after more than a month it's still like left out play dough).

Yes you can, depending on where. Like here in Massachusetts I can't find Lard for the life of me that is bigger then a pound. So not Large quantities.
I am going to a warehouse, Jedwards and picking up 44# boxes.... 5 of them, maybe 6, I can't remember right now :)

I didn't get to pick then up yesterday because I didn't' want to sit in 3 hours of traffic to get home at traffic time :(
So Dentist this morning then pick up oils

Yesterday was my daughter's birthday, so I only snuck down to the lab for a few minutes. I relabeled the salt bars that were returned from the spa. Spent the rest of the night being tortured - the daughter dragged us to the mall, and then into BBW on top of everything. Turns out she wanted me to smell a fragrance that one of her friends uses, but she couldn't remember the name. Funnily, I had looked at the FO dupe on Monday, wondering if I should get it. Now I probably will.

Tonight I am teaching at church, but I am going to try to get a batch of soap made when I get home. I plan to prep everything over lunch (getting out my colors, cleaning off my work space etc) and hopefully I am feeling up to it. Teaching teenagers can be exhausting when healthy, so I may be more exhausted tonight as I'm on the tailend of what ails me. (Feeling so much better though.)

Back