What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked my DIL to be my "media girl". She's going to do all of the posting to my FB and Instagram accounts when I get some decent soap pics. Hopefully that'll get my business going. I've placed orders for more supplies and watched YouTube soaping videos but I should probably be making holiday soaps in anticipation of sales.

Last edited:
I did this today. Oh, and one more batch of shower steamers after I took this picture.
20180922_154854_HDR.jpg

I have just been asked to make about 1000 bars of soap for a store... Any suggestions for method. Or how many types I should do etc... Or even suggested reading......

I have just been asked to make about 1000 bars of soap for a store... Any suggestions for method. Or how many types I should do etc... Or even suggested reading......
1000???? Wow, Ward!! That's a little intimidating, isn't it? I make soap 9 bars at a time; that's 112 batches! Congratulations!?!

(no suggestions other than... get busy, boy!)

Misschief you inspired my soap for today. You posted a peppermint type soap with blue and white with snowflakes. I dont have snow flake molds but I did have blue and white lol. Hard to see well in the pics because my lighting stinks on my soaping table but this is Winter Wonderland scent.

42332533_1873074676106867_4609136525840482304_n.jpg 42376870_2214143538864848_5744366613478506496_n.jpg

Last edited:
Misschief you inspired my soap for today. You posted a peppermint type soap with blue and white with snowflakes. I dont have sow flake molds but I did have blue and white lol. Hard to see well in the pics because my lighting stinks on my soaping table but this is Winter Wonderland scent.

View attachment 32153 View attachment 32154
So pleased I could inspire you! Looks great!!

Are you 100 percent sure this is legit? How did they contact you? We used to receive these types of requests quite often and they never turned out to be legitimate sales. That is really a lot of soap and if they are serious you may be lucky to be offered $1 per bar. Do you have anything in writing? My suggestion is to get at least half the agreed on cost up front, no consignment. Just be careful. For me that would be 55-71 batches depending on size I cut them.

Are you 100 percent sure this is legit? How did they contact you? We used to receive these types of requests quite often and they never turned out to be legitimate sales. That is really a lot of soap and if they are serious you may be lucky to be offered $1 per bar. Do you have anything in writing? My suggestion is to get at least half the agreed on cost up front, no consignment. Just be careful. For me that would be 55-71 batches depending on size I cut them.
She has a store across the street from where I live... She had about 12differnt types of bars of soap for sale. A lady from Alberta Canada sent them to her and she put her own lables on them. She said her stock was low and need to replenish her supply

I was thinking of asking for half the money upfront as well

I cut my first (semi) successful batch of soap today!

I first have to say thank you to Loralei, Obsidian, Isg, misunderstood and dixiedragon for your help in my other post.

Im not happy yet about the aesthetics of this soap but it did harden in the mold and it wasn't crumbly nor like forgotten play doh (unlike the previous one) but think I'm keeping the formula. I also think I like milk cartons for molds hehehe..

rsz_dsc_2548.jpg

I'll keep trying til I get one that both looks and feels nice.

She has a store across the street from where I live... She had about 12differnt types of bars of soap for sale. A lady from Alberta Canada sent them to her and she put her own lables on them. She said her stock was low and need to replenish her supply

Sounds like you are going to be busy:thumbs:

How that is awesome . But if her soaps are low, does she know that it takes a Month+ to cure? Or do you do MP ?
That is a lot of soaping either way ! GL :)

Today I will use up my last Palm I have :( in a few batches. I NEED to make more Navy man and Polar Bear. I only have a few left and they sold like crazy. Need them for my November Holiday show

WOW, today has been an amazingly productive day. Some years ago I dropped the lid of my slow cooker and broke it. I did purchase another slow cooker but hung onto the old one "just in case". We have a Council road side collection coming up and Mark came back from walking the dogs and said he had seen a slow cooker pot with lid on a verge and asked would I like him to go get it? I said yes and back Mark went and I now have a lid for spare slow cooker. Later Mark went out to collect something from the shops and rang me to say he had found another slow cooker and did I want it. Low and behold, he turns up with a smaller version and it actually works! Amazing, it is just the right size for my soaping. I had actually been looking at them in the shops but decided I could not justify spending the money until I knew if soap making would be a long term hobby.

Great, so we decide we should go out and check out what else is on the verges. Mark ended up with a couple of clay flower pots, I got 3 x 20L buckets with lids plus something that will make an excellent 12 bar mould for soap making plus a new sofa for the dogs. Their last sofa, which we also got from a roadside pick up some years ago, was only a 2 seater and the cushions have been destroyed by a couple of the dogs. This time we got them a 3 seater and I'll bet that none of them will share now either.

Mark and I carrying the old sofa out to the verge gave Max (one of the dogs) a attack of anxiety, even though he had another sofa right there but it was HIS sofa being taken away
1f642.png
:)

All-in-all it was a highly productive jaunt out and we are going out again tomorrow.
1f917.png

Back