What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amd, I've not had a nag champa weep before out of several different ones i've tried...so I'd suspect the stabilizer too.

I've used the supplier and even made previous soaps from the same bottle of FO, so it was a safe bet on the stabilizer! No other issues with the soap, so I didn't think it could be a recipe/method issue either. Only change was using stabilizer (btw it was crafters choice for cp stabilizer I only bought the one 2oz bottle to try it before I switched to BCN's, which I have used several times with no problems.)

Just used BCN's tonight on Pink Sugar soap. So far its worked really well. Just finished molding the pink sugar soap with HP base and MP embellishments. Not sure how its gonna work but I wanted to give it a try.

I did not make Cherry Almond soap last night. After the night market the hubby wanted to grab a beer and chat (we call them mini-dates), and I was tired by the time we got home. I'll make Cherry Almond on Sunday night. Tonight I am going to pack for the show this weekend. Next week will be lots of soapmaking, I've fallen behind the schedule of what I need for my show in October.

Cut the Pink Sugar today. Turned out ok. My apologies for the huge pics but thumbnails make you click on them.

pink sugar.jpg
pink sugar2.jpg

After more than 2 weeks without soaping today I made 3 soaps! One was more salt bars cause the boyfriend also liked them and i love them so we need more of those. Another was a small test batch for a chocolate FO. The good news is that it worked fine! Didnt accelerate nor did anything funky, i am so happy i finally found FO’s that work! The bad news is that it doesnt really smell like chocolate, is more like an almondy smell, not bad, just not what i was going for.

That FO gave me the confidence to try another soap i’ve been meaning to make but needed micas and TD, and i did it using a coffee FO which smells like coffee, a bit sugary for my taste but at least is coffee. The idea is that it will look like a cake slice. Lets wait until tomorrow to see how it turns out. This FO also played very nicely. I am soooo happy.

My Love Spell is more like a faded orangy pink :smallshrug:
https://www.zibbet.com/rustic-life-farm/loving-spell

I moved some soap around on the rack to dry from the other day.
Put 4 more soaps in the FM box for tomorrow... Watching the weather to see if I will go tomorrow or not.

Sent Emails all over trying to find some more FM's to do for August. So many have closed or not taking on new people. but got one for Sunday and Tuesday

My Love Spell is more like a faded orangy pink :smallshrug:
https://www.zibbet.com/rustic-life-farm/loving-spell

I moved some soap around on the rack to dry from the other day.
Put 4 more soaps in the FM box for tomorrow... Watching the weather to see if I will go tomorrow or not.

Sent Emails all over trying to find some more FM's to do for August. So many have closed or not taking on new people. but got one for Sunday and Tuesday

I love the way you do your photo's

I opened my FO fridge to grab the Dragon’s Blood because I wanted to make DB deodorant and discovered my fridge died. I have no idea when that happened. My laurel berry oil was stored in there, too, and that’s liquid. I need to pull everything out tomorrow and move it to the garage. I’ve got about $600 worth of stuff in that fridge. I hope it’s not gone off. That will really make me mad.

I opened my FO fridge to grab the Dragon’s Blood because I wanted to make DB deodorant and discovered my fridge died. I have no idea when that happened. My laurel berry oil was stored in there, too, and that’s liquid. I need to pull everything out tomorrow and move it to the garage. I’ve got about $600 worth of stuff in that fridge. I hope it’s not gone off. That will really make me mad.
Have you tried vacuuming the coils? Take the front plate off and either vacuum them, or wipe them clean and see if that helps. (I spent years as a property management repair coordinator and this worked a lOT)

I decided to try making soap labels with MS Publisher and did manage to design one that looks a lot like on the one last did in Avery online. OMG, it was a lot of work. If this how difficult it is to use Publisher, I am not impressed. I haven't used it before, so I probably am going about it all wrong. But I have lots of experience working with Access, so I think I may just set up a db in Access and use it. But, not soon. The initial set up takes some time and I'll be traveling soon, so not now. In the meantime, I think I'll stick with the avery online method until I get that done.

I'm picking up three new fragrances from the post office this morning! I'll be making some soap dough for embeds later today, and I'm excited. I spent a lot of tonight redesigning some of my older soaps for a new show and coming up with new names and a couple of new concepts just for it.

Yesterday this came, so I made a confetti rebatch (no new soap, all old soap, but not all was melted and not all was confetti) to try out the new cutter. It works fabulously and is so easy to clean! It looks like there may be a bit of a learning curve for me to get straight and level cuts. How tight to get the wire and how smoothly I push the soap through both seem to impact the level cut. Or maybe it really is more about how tight I make the wire. I'm afraid to break it by tightening too much, so perhaps a bit more practice will give me the experience I need to get truly beautifully level Rims for Rimmed Soaps. That's my main goal in buying this cutter, but it is also perfect as a log splitter. It could even be a single bar cutter, and could be the only cutter anyone needs, because it can do all three.
full

Have you tried vacuuming the coils? Take the front plate off and either vacuum them, or wipe them clean and see if that helps. (I spent years as a property management repair coordinator and this worked a lOT)

Thank you for the tip. I pulled out the fridge (full of course!!) to check the coils and discovered someone had unplugged the stupid thing.

Edited to remove ALL inappropriate and offensive language.

Last edited:
Thank you for the tip. I pulled out the fridge (full of course!!) to check the coils and discovered someone had unplugged the stupid thing!! I'm betting it was the awesome (said with huge amounts of sarcasm) people that clean my house. It is definitely not something I'd have done considering the amount of money I have stocked in that darned thing!! If it wasn't for the fact that they do a good job and I'm a lazy person, I'd fire them. I'm tired of playing "where's the hair dryer" and "where's the ???" every other Tuesday after they leave. I have a double vanity in my master bathroom. I live alone. The second sink does not get used. It's sole function is to HOLD MY FREAKING BLOW DRYER. If I wanted the gosh-danged dryer in a cabinet or drawer, I WOULD PUT IT THERE MYSELF!!!

Here's some TMI, so you might want to stop reading, now. You know that Sjogren's Syndrome thing I told y'all about where the moisture producing glands are attacked? Well ALL of them are attacked, and so I have to have personal lubricant because sometimes life is painful. I keep it in a handy easy to reach spot. THEY MOVED IT. Why would you do something like that other than to be a total ?ouche bag? I had to search cabinets and drawers to find it because I wasn't calling them to say my hoo-ha was burning so where'd you hide my lubricant.

That escalated fast...
Im glad you figured out the issue and that the repair was free lol. I could never have a cleaning company in, I cant handle strangers in my house and I would likely tweaker clean before they came which would defeat the purpose.

Last edited:
Yesterday I attended a show and did pretty well (it was hot as h*ll in the afternoon)....I have been tweaking my deodorant recipe so I only brought a few leftovers from the previous version. Customer came and specifically asked for the deodorant so I got to quiz her and she was totally happy with how it performed and I ended up selling all 3 of them so yea for me! Today I have to unpack the car, count inventory, update the website and think about starting sample batches of some of the Rustic Escentuals fo's I bought recently.

Well, the daughter is a natural. I lined up the fragrances for her to choose which one to make soap with and she smelled them all and said "Hmm, Can I mixed a few together?"

She chose Blackberry Sage and green tea and willow to mix. It smells amazing.
We cut it this morning. Its her very first soap (she's 18) and I think it turned out great

nanisoap.jpg

Today I'm cooking up my master plan to try peacock swirl for the first time. A friend of mine (I call her crazy Peggy) loves the combo of lavender and vanilla. She is also a bit artsy. So I'm trying to orchestrate the colors and fragrances to match (black, brown and light brown to be joined to the vanilla FO which will totes turn brown all on its own) and lavender EO to go with purple, kelly green, white and yellow.

I made my own swirling comb after watching a Youtube on how to make one using cardboard and bamboo skewers.

So excited I'm not sure I can wait till tomorrow to make it. Here's my model photo, sort of my goal:IMG_3071.jpeg

Back