What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made (my first) 16oz batch of bastile CP soap and spilled a lot of mica (first time using micas) into the batch at least more than I wanted finished it and wrapped it up and am now waiting how the mica is going to effect the soap.
~**So I'm curious if anyone can help me or let me know it will be fine?**~ I spilled about a bit under a tablespoon of mica into the batch just before I poured it. Since my gloves were not very grippy my spoon slipped and in spilled the mica . I was trying to be fancy and just sprinkle a little over the top to mix but noooo clutzy me strikes again. But it is a rather pretty blue grey soap at least I hope it will be. Thanks in advance for any reassurance for this newbie.

Last edited:
I am rebatching a soap I hadnt even finished making yet. I had it in the freezer and middle son threw a bag of ice in on top of it and didnt see the soap. I didnt know till I went to check in.. soap caved in . I yelled for a minute but then he felt so bad, I felt guilty for yelling. So he is outside and my soap is back in the crock pot and i tried to assure him there is hope for it yet.

Unmoulded and sliced my first (and only?) batch of 100% almond oil soap. Took 3 days to set up even with 1.1:1 lye sol. Timer set for 6 wks...

Last edited:
My rebatch from the freezer disaster last night. Cut, photo taken and on the curing rack. Didn't turn out too bad for a rebatch.
lmg.jpg

I made an order from WSP yesterday because you lot keep telling me about sales and 20% off of stuff and I have no self-control!!! Today I'm home from work because my car is in the shop, so naturally, I'm thinking about what kind of soap I can make ;P I just got an order in with a couple new fragrances from BrambleBerry, including a Drakkar type FO. Maybe it's gonna be a man soap kinda day!

I am having a lot of difficulty with bath bombs and unmolding them. Either their rock hard and I can't get them out of the mold without slamming it and then they break in half. Or they never really solidify and remain moist and crumbly. Please help? Using Easter Eggs because I couldn't afford metal balls.

I haven't made soap since the pandacorn incident. I have two totes full of dishes to wash. I've had the entire week off work, but I have either gotten sucked into pointless projects that take way longer than they should and yield zero results, or I have been having a meltdown (my cousin was diagnosed with terminal cancer in her brain and spinal fluid after battling breast cancer for 4 years, she's 8 months younger than me, and we grew up as close as sisters), or I have been making and serving dinner and snacks every night to 50 kids for VBS. I did a huge repricing project after spending 6 hours putting together a spread sheet and running numbers in all 4 directions. I'm working out some plans for going into next year, I think it's time to change up my "always in stock" lineup just a touch and get a solid lineup for mens soaps. I worked on some recipes tonight for when I get back to making soaps. Mostly just hours of screwing around when I should have been doing something else.

I haven't made soap since the pandacorn incident. I have two totes full of dishes to wash. I've had the entire week off work, but I have either gotten sucked into pointless projects that take way longer than they should and yield zero results, or I have been having a meltdown (my cousin was diagnosed with terminal cancer in her brain and spinal fluid after battling breast cancer for 4 years, she's 8 months younger than me, and we grew up as close as sisters), or I have been making and serving dinner and snacks every night to 50 kids for VBS. I did a huge repricing project after spending 6 hours putting together a spread sheet and running numbers in all 4 directions. I'm working out some plans for going into next year, I think it's time to change up my "always in stock" lineup just a touch and get a solid lineup for mens soaps. I worked on some recipes tonight for when I get back to making soaps. Mostly just hours of screwing around when I should have been doing something else.
Im sorry about your friend, amd. Hard to concentrate with things like that going on.

So very sorry about your cousin....sending thought and prayers your way.

View attachment 31362
Here’s a CPLS paste I made today. HO Sunflower, coconut, Tallow, castor, seabuckthorn. It was firm and no zapping in 15 minutes. It’s resting overnight in the oven, tho. I’ll dilute in the morning.
Carol

Got around to diluting the paste last night. Just 100g to 200g water. I like it. Lathers like a true Castile. The SBT blooms as you work up the lather. Nice moisturized feeling after.
IMG_0766.jpg
IMG_0771.jpg
IMG_0773.jpg

So sorry about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back