What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made these the other day!!
IMG_0836.jpg

Just my Opinion, but the red plate takes away from the soap. My eyes are drawn to the red.
Is there another less bright plate ?

I labels some soap today

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a break after my Christmas sales and I am having such a hard time getting out of the planning phase now! I have so many soaps that I need to restock and I feel like I have great ideas to start new soaps but I'm not getting much beyond that at the moment!

I thought about what kind of soap I might make tomorrow but have decided that this weekend is not a soaping weekend. With John being somewhat incapacitated after surgery this week, I think my time will be better spent doing non-soapy things. That said, I will be going to our local farmer's market to check out some display ideas built by a couple of local wood workers. Once there, I'll also check out the soap making competition.

I thought about what kind of soap I might make tomorrow but have decided that this weekend is not a soaping weekend. With John being somewhat incapacitated after surgery this week, I think my time will be better spent doing non-soapy things. That said, I will be going to our local farmer's market to check out some display ideas built by a couple of local wood workers. Once there, I'll also check out the soap making competition.
That qualifies as a soapy thing I think. I have a full weekend of errand running so tonight will likely be my only soaping.

I now have three soaps in my new line of My Michigan Soaps, apple, cherry, and blueberry.

Attachments

• F3E08EF9-56F3-4DCD-B61B-778D265AB8CF.jpeg
    F3E08EF9-56F3-4DCD-B61B-778D265AB8CF.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 0422CE36-A598-46B8-AF64-1D8A87C0C1FE.jpeg
    0422CE36-A598-46B8-AF64-1D8A87C0C1FE.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 37
  • BB6AB6C6-2772-49F4-BB03-70A09CECC63B.jpeg
    BB6AB6C6-2772-49F4-BB03-70A09CECC63B.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 284E3F06-16F5-4B1E-B901-519250312AD6.jpeg
    284E3F06-16F5-4B1E-B901-519250312AD6.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 31
Got in some stuff from Nature's Garden the other day including some cocoa butter, castor oil, and sweet almond oil! I've got a batch of oils premeasured for a Eucalyptus Spearmint soap (I'm obsessed with B&BW Aromatherapy line) and I've got some other ideas for a Nurture Soap Herbalicious one. I'd like to use my sweet almond oil and also try a lard soap since I bought a bucket today! I suppose I can spend the rest of the morning researching new recipes to try :)

All your soaps are so pretty!!! I love seeing everyone's creativity.

I finally finished my third and last batch of soap for my grandparents' anniversary - I used a different recipe with more soft oils and was able to accomplish my in-the-pot swirl just like I wanted!! I'll be sticking with that recipe as long as it is still good after the cure. My first soaps should be cured in a week and I'm very excited to use them truly instead of sneaking scraps into the bathroom to test them out ;P

Cut my unscented buttermilk soap this morning. I decided to make my friend her own label and name the soap after her. "Monica's UNSCENTED Buttermilk Soap" I won't be able to package it for a while but I was giggling while I was designing the label.

She runs a non profit for Missing Persons and at last years conference I donated 300 bars of soap and she drove them to the hotel and I got to hear how her car smelled like Lemongrass Grapefruit for a week (Hence the All caps UNSCENTED):p

Back