What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but even HP needs 6 weeks . Shoot even mine needed 8 as they were still slightly soft due to the water, and I discounted !

It really feels like you were SoapTrolling this thread for posts to criticise, and It also seems like anything @Tinak said would have gotten clapback from you.

As you have used this thread to voice your concerns, I'm sure you will appreciate my advice for you in the future to keep castigating conversations to PVT messages.

Also for a useful educational reference, here is info video from Anne-Maria Faiola for everybody! she talks about curing time and water discounts -> ref: Kevin Dunn Caveman Chemistry

Hey @Tinak it seems that in CP soap first 24 Hours has 97% lye reacted.! Must be even better in HP soap

I say let other soapers make their own decisions/ and it's all about education, and site references for our own Soapmaking decisions:

Here is some easy reading each article has a little bit of information that gives context to HP soap:

http://www.chemistrystore.com/blog/should-you-cure-hot-process-soap/

https://www.modernsoapmaking.com/hot-process-soapmaking-for-production-soaping/

http://www.soap-making-essentials.com/hot-process.html

Hopefully, my post was useful for people!

EnJoy!

Ward

This is how mine look nekkid. Maybe burlap type ribbon for more of a rustic look?

Maybe small butcher-paper squares to wrap the soap I find vellum to fussy
61qwqRpGtuL._SL1024_.jpg

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071FT8ZW6/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
It really feels like you were SoapTrolling this thread for posts to criticise, and It also seems like anything @Tinak said would have gotten clapback from you.

As you have used this thread to voice your concerns, I'm sure you will appreciate my advice for you in the future to keep castigating conversations to PVT messages.

Also for a useful educational reference, here is info video from Anne-Maria Faiola for everybody! she talks about curing time and water discounts -> ref: Kevin Dunn Caveman Chemistry

Hey @Tinak it seems that in CP soap first 24 Hours has 97% lye reacted.! Must be even better in HP soap

I say let other soapers make their own decisions/ and it's all about education, and site references for our own Soapmaking decisions:

Here is some easy reading each article has a little bit of information that gives context to HP soap:

http://www.chemistrystore.com/blog/should-you-cure-hot-process-soap/

https://www.modernsoapmaking.com/hot-process-soapmaking-for-production-soaping/

http://www.soap-making-essentials.com/hot-process.html

Hopefully, my post was useful for people!

EnJoy!

Ward

I didnt see it that way at all. I saw several people give advice and ask questions untill the insult and swearwords came out.

I have learned a ton on this forum and have experienced, for the most part, people trying to help other soapmakers.

@wardbond I think the troll is that person. They usually come in, say things like they did, get bashed and leave. Flash in a pan. BUT no one here wants them to spread un-truths to new soapers that are here to learn how to do things correctly @cmzaha said it well.

I Certainly don't go through the forum JUST to bash people... maybe you should see all of my posts there are a lot of them.

I do admit that I will say what is on my mind most of the time. WHY, Because I CAN, just like you do. You are welcome to your own opinion and, so far, in the USA we can do that. Don't read it or ignore me if you like as I think there is a button for that, no skin of my nose.
Also, yeah it Irritates me when someone says things like this. My biggest pet peeve is a new member says, How do I make this. If they had READ a full page in the section that the question pertained to, they most likely would know. Or, maybe, read the stickies ?

BTW, I don't see your video because those things, and all ads on the sides and stuff , are blocked on my FF.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Today I plan on a tester HP batch because I just found my small crock pot while shifting things around the room

I didnt see it that way at all. I saw several people give advice and ask questions untill the insult and swearwords came out.

I have learned a ton on this forum and have experienced, for the most part, people trying to help other soapmakers.

thank you me too

Yeah, I agree, no need to swear. I was going to mention the swearing to @Tinak. I didn't like that either. even if one feels provoked sometimes it better not to say anything. and now it seems these 2 have a history.

also while I appreciate that everybody CAN say what they want, my point is SHOULD they in THIS format. We are all entitles to a million opinions; right, wrong, good, bad, informed, ignorant. I wasn't talking about having opinions and voicing them. I was talking about appropriate channel to do so. that's why I suggested Private message. I am sure many people agree with me .. just sometimes the loudest voices dont hear the shyer people defend themselves.

I am sure @Lin19687 has a lot of knowledge to share. for me it is about backing up you opinion..not just having one

thanks msunderood for your time

W

PS this is one of the only threads I follow BECAUSE I like the people in it and love just seeing random levels of everything. It is a good forum to follow for me ...because sometimes finding specific things I'm looking for in the whole forum is daunting.. also this way all sorts of DIFFERENT soaping techniques comes to me.plus is keeps me motivated to see everyone's ups and downs and their commitment come back to the forum.

I think we should try to foster the most welcoming forum possible.
I hope I am speaking to everybody's better nature.

I'm gonna go make another resin soap:

Wildcrafted Mryyh
Hemlock sap
Pine Rosin
Balsam of Peru

anybody have suggestions for a high resin soap to avoid false trace?

Thanks

W

I'm making another batch of bubble scoops in a few minutes (scented with Champaka FO); this will be batch #3. Batch #2 has already been sold... the entire batch! John's boss, who is staying with us this week, wants the entire batch for her granddaughters. After they've been made, I'll be making a batch of Black Raspberry Vanilla soap, coloured with Merlot mica.

I unmolded my charcoal clay facial bars and made a tiny batch of body butter for me and my d-r-y skin! Anyone have any tips on body products or ingredients to help with keratosis pilaris? My arms are rough as can be and I work in a cold, low-humidity environment.

@wardbond I think the troll is that person. They usually come in, say things like they did, get bashed and leave. Flash in a pan. BUT no one here wants them to spread un-truths to new soapers that are here to learn how to do things correctly @cmzaha said it well.

I Certainly don't go through the forum JUST to bash people... maybe you should see all of my posts there are a lot of them.

I do admit that I will say what is on my mind most of the time. WHY, Because I CAN, just like you do. You are welcome to your own opinion and, so far, in the USA we can do that. Don't read it or ignore me if you like as I think there is a button for that, no skin of my nose.
Also, yeah it Irritates me when someone says things like this. My biggest pet peeve is a new member says, How do I make this. If they had READ a full page in the section that the question pertained to, they most likely would know. Or, maybe, read the stickies ?

BTW, I don't see your video because those things, and all ads on the sides and stuff , are blocked on my FF.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Today I plan on a tester HP batch because I just found my small crock pot while shifting things around the room
I agree that you were not wrong. We all have key triggers and when we see something posted we are still allowed to post our opinions. One of my key triggers is grinding soap, not curing and "hair soap"

BTW in the video Ann Marie states that soap only loses water in curing. That would be drying not curing.... She really does not care if someone's soap melts away, after all, she is a supplier. Faster the soap dissolves the sooner you might buy a fragrance from her. I really do not put much stock in her videos. You misses nothing not seeing her video and the other links pertain to people mentioning that hp is ready to use

I unmolded my charcoal clay facial bars and made a tiny batch of body butter for me and my d-r-y skin! Anyone have any tips on body products or ingredients to help with keratosis pilaris? My arms are rough as can be and I work in a cold, low-humidity environment.

How about a nice long (bath bomb truffle) bath to soften everything, use a loofah or something like a Salt bar for exfoliation. Once out and just dried off a Shea butter whip (with some cornstarch or tapioca starch to keep it less greasy) and then very light cotton clothes so it seeps in ?

Today I did my tester 1# HP with Lilac FO. used 1/2 of the 2# mold so they would be more or less normal size bars.
Really soft, you can see my finger dent in one. It was unmolded after 9 hours, I am a little shocked due to my high palm, 32% Lye Concentration and hard oils in this. Shoot, even my CP (gelled) is a bit harder at this time. I did rub off the edges like I normally do on them all because I don't like pointy edges.
20180624_183437[1].jpg 20180624_183730[1].jpg 20180624_183742[1].jpg

How about a nice long (bath bomb truffle) bath to soften everything, use a loofah or something like a Salt bar for exfoliation. Once out and just dried off a Shea butter whip (with some cornstarch or tapioca starch to keep it less greasy) and then very light cotton clothes so it seeps in ?

Hmmm that sounds nice!! The butter that I made has lots of shea so I'll definitely be using that. Thanks!!

Today I did my tester 1# HP with Lilac FO. used 1/2 of the 2# mold so they would be more or less normal size bars.
Really soft, you can see my finger dent in one. It was unmolded after 9 hours, I am a little shocked due to my high palm, 32% Lye Concentration and hard oils in this. Shoot, even my CP (gelled) is a bit harder at this time. I did rub off the edges like I normally do on them all because I don't like pointy edges.
View attachment 30870 View attachment 30871 View attachment 30872
My HP soap is always a little soft when I first cut it but then, the next day its like they just harden up a bit. So maybe they will be better tomorrow? They do look nice.

@msunnerstood I thought about you at the grocery today. Crisco in the can here has Palm in it. I think Soybeean was the 1st ingredient. Sorry I just glanced because I had my teenage DD with me :rolleyes: <--- BIG eye roll.
Dangit I check every time I go and all of it here is Soy only. Im going to have to start looking online. (My boys eyeroll when I head to the baking isle too)

So happy with my ghost swirl. It came out better than I had hoped. I didn't get to add fragrance since I only got about a minute of working time, but it is hand soap and I prefer that plain anyways
View attachment 30873
Pretty!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back