What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also purchase from Micas and More and love their micas

Are the micas strong enough for coloring or do you use them as accents? I tried micas WAY WAY long ago and the beautiful colors were lost and left only a sheer sparkle to my lotion bars but no color. I've stayed away from micas since then, but if I could figure out how to use them properly I would love to give it another go.

Soapy thing today - got all of my new supply inventory into Soapmaker3 and have been working on a new lotion bar recipe that will use up a supply of hyaluronic acid that I have had sitting around. Also got a master batch of oils prepped for the weekend :D

Used a Earl grey fo... Then it ended up smelling like the bodyshop's dewberry

AnywaysView attachment 30731View attachment 30732
Very pretty.

Placed an Amazon order today for Father's Day gifts and somehow a new blue stick blender, soap molds and mica ended up in my cart [emoji41][emoji39].
Hahaha!! I love that!

I also purchase from Micas and More and love their micas
I have ordered several things from micas and more and am extremely happy with everything so far!

I received my essential depot order today. I made several batches of soap last weekend and two last night. Time to get ready for this coming weekend!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I bought some oils for soap from the grocery store to go with the new stick blender & molds that are coming from Amazon later today so I can make soap tonight!

Are the micas strong enough for coloring or do you use them as accents? I tried micas WAY WAY long ago and the beautiful colors were lost and left only a sheer sparkle to my lotion bars but no color. I've stayed away from micas since then, but if I could figure out how to use them properly I would love to give it another go.

Yes, they are strong enough to color. In my experience, with micas, as with any other colorant I have used, the depth and intensity of the color depends on how much I use when coloring the soap batter.

Here are some soaps I made using Micas & More micas:

Ok I am freaking out a bit. I normally make my soap in the designs I like and once they are cured, post them with pictures on my website. Now, I have a Customer who approached me through messages. She lost her soaping person and wanted me to make specific fragrances I dont normally carry. Fine, I ordered them, but now Im stressing myself out hoping she likes the design. It's different when someone pics out your existing design and likes it, its another when youre making soap to order. So this is the soapy thing Im doing today, Making a special order loaf of soap and having an anxiety episode..

Yes, they are strong enough to color. In my experience, with micas, as with any other colorant I have used, the depth and intensity of the color depends on how much I use when coloring the soap batter.

Here are some soaps I made using Micas & More micas:

I love love love your funnel pour!!

Washed my hands, comparing some soaps that have gotten even better while I was gone. These have simply been sitting on the soap dish near my sink. Another was curing on a rack, but since it's about 6 months old (where does the time go?), I decided to try it and remembered why I keep going back to that recipe.

But, I have family arriving in a few days and need to get the guest room ready and the house in order, so doubt I'll be doing much more than washing with my soaps and catching up on SMF for the next few days.

I've gotten everything ready for my very first market tomorrow and decided on my table set up. It's all ready to pack up into the Jeep. My tablet is charging; tonight the cell phone will be charged. One more sleep.

John has also expressed a desire to help with making soap so I'll be making a batch of my most popular soap this afternoon.

Who is John? How nice to have someone showing interest in making soap with you. My younger son was asking a few months back, but when we delved into it a bit, it wasn't the making of the soap he was really interested in. He was more interested in designing a website so 'we' could sell the soap I make. I would much prefer someone who wants to actually learn more about how to make soap, so that's great for you.

Who is John? How nice to have someone showing interest in making soap with you. My younger son was asking a few months back, but when we delved into it a bit, it wasn't the making of the soap he was really interested in. He was more interested in designing a website so 'we' could sell the soap I make. I would much prefer someone who wants to actually learn more about how to make soap, so that's great for you.

Sorry... John is my husband. I hate using DH; he has a name. :)

I don't like using 'DH' either, which is why I settled on 'Hubby'. I asked because I thought it might be your son, perhaps and had this vague memory of you mentioning some strife on your husband's part relating to the soapmaking, so I didn't even think of him. However, I am really happy that like things are going better in your marriage.

I don't like using 'DH' either, which is why I settled on 'Hubby'. I asked because I thought it might be your son, perhaps and had this vague memory of you mentioning some strife on your husband's part relating to the soapmaking, so I didn't even think of him. However, I am really happy that like things are going better in your marriage.

Thanks Earlene. We have our moments. I think he's finally starting to realize I'm serious about this soapmaking thing and that he'd better get on board before he gets left behind. ;) He ended up not helping with the soapmaking this afternoon (which is fine); I made a batch of Java Jumpstart, one of my most popular soaps.

Thanks to amd, I bought the Two Wild Hares Bubble Scoop recipe and ordered SLSA (I have all the other ingredients), along with a few other supplies. Now, I'm relaxing. Might go have a nice hot bath before throwing a load of laundry into the washer.

Last edited:
Man SLSA is so expensive. I only have a little left and was playing with BB and Bubble scoops today. Now to wait till tomorrow to see if I like them.

I like Hubby better too, not that I have one any more. But I do say DD and DS for the kiddos ;)

@earlene FWIW, my DD will be doing my website at some point. I kinda like that she likes THAT part of it and not the soaping part. Then I don't have to share my soaping room ;) Plus she will focus on what is at hand and not be distracted.

Washed my hands, comparing some soaps that have gotten even better while I was gone. These have simply been sitting on the soap dish near my sink.
I keep new soaps (molded out of leftovers) at my kitchen sink too! It's a great way to test the qualities & progress.
(where does the time go?)
LOL I think that's God's way of reminding us to live today, and imagine tomorrow.
...I decided to try it and remembered why I keep going back to that recipe.
Good for you! Having a good ole dependable recipe is one of the perks of experience, knowledge and longevity in this crazy addiction. :cool:

Hi, I'm a novice soaper who has just unmolded (is that even a word?!) and sliced my first attempt at rebatching. It's a 'gardener's' soap - made with dandelion leaf
powder that I made myself, but it was oooooozing oil and wouldn't dry out.
Anyways, I'm really pleased with the results. It's probably better now than
it was before it was rebatched, IMHO. It has a lovely rustic appearance. I'm
almost looking forward to rebatching the next failed experiment...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Back