What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
made some M&P with my son.

we did one in an aeroplane mould, I was surprised this unmoulded in one piece as its was a rigid plastic bath bomb mould.

We then did 4 layers in a loaf mould. We used micas for the transparent layers but used too much as they came out a solid colour.

First attempt. I was shocked that I got the layers to hold together, son is well chuffed with them and already deciding who he is going to give them away to!

EDIT: sorry everyone just seen this is in the lye based section so above is not relevant. Is there a way I can delete a post?
You are fine posting here. You poured soap with your son :thumbs: BTW, many consider m&p soap since it is not all made with just surfactants. Even some suppliers list it under Soap Bases. It bubbles and it cleans :D

Congratulations with your first attempt. The key to sticking layers is spraying well with alcohol.

Slowly getting ready for my first market next week. I've been playing with my table layout, shrink wrapping soap and coming up with ideas for add-ons. I made some Washcloth Cupcakes; each cup has 50 grams of Jelly Belly jellybeans and the "cherry" on top is a fruit Tootsie Roll.

I would suggest you take out the lollies, as they will go sticky in any heat. You might not sell them for a few markets and by then they won't be in a good condition for consumption.

made some M&P with my son.

we did one in an aeroplane mould, I was surprised this unmoulded in one piece as its was a rigid plastic bath bomb mould.

We then did 4 layers in a loaf mould. We used micas for the transparent layers but used too much as they came out a solid colour.

First attempt. I was shocked that I got the layers to hold together, son is well chuffed with them and already deciding who he is going to give them away to!

EDIT: sorry everyone just seen this is in the lye based section so above is not relevant. Is there a way I can delete a post?
M&P IS a soapy thing so I think you are fine.
I started with M&P and I still have bases because a friend(Husbands a Pilot) wants a large batch of Airplanes. She got me some silicon airplane molds so it will be interesting to see how it works.

Not a stinking thing.....I need and want to make soap but there's just too much going on. One of our daughters is getting married on Saturday and this is also my crazy busy time of year at work. Hoping things calm down soon so I can get back to it.

I would suggest you take out the lollies, as they will go sticky in any heat. You might not sell them for a few markets and by then they won't be in a good condition for consumption.

I've only made up 10 and there's no worry about heat. We're expecting cool weather for the next week or so and I'll only have these for my first market, which happens to be Father's day.

I got home today and I got 6 boxes from UPS! I was so excited! My husband said what did you order? Im like....ummm...uhhh.....soap stuff! (because I actually forgot what I orderedo_O)
BUT....I got a bunch of new mica colors from Micas and more and Brambleberry, Some fragrances from Aztec and oils and butters from Essential Depot. It was like Christmas! :):thumbs::D

3 batches... one of which was a Soap-on-a-stick o_O:beatinghead:1st it was thick mashed potatoes, then soap on a stick, now it is trying to over heat and there is NO room in the freezer or fridge. Got a fan on it.
And I knew it would since everything else was going so well.

Le Sigh. It will have all sorts of air holes in it. **** florals

Last edited:
Today my soap drying trays arrived!! So happy!!!

Attachments

• 20180612_191951.jpg
    20180612_191951.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 21
No soap made in almost 2 weeks. Too busy with the business side of things. I'm going to try to whip out a batch of soap this week... but it's also conference week at work, so my evening time is also taken up with work colleagues who want to hang out. (We have offices all over the world, so once a year we bring everyone in to headquarters for a week. My German engineers and QA have decided that I am their tour guide and entertainment coordinator. Maybe one of the tours should include my soap lab... hmmm....)

Back