What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they are gorgeous. The top one is my favorite.
Thank you! That is Eucalyptus and Spearmint essential oils. It is one of my best sellers. I have been out since November. As soon as I posted that I made more, my phone blew up with people wanting to reserve bars. I have 3 not spoken for out of 18, so I will be making more next weekend. Thank goodness my Soapers Choice order comes in tomorrow! I am out of castor oil.

I am also hoping that my lip balm tubes will come in this week. I have a huge order to fill, so I wrangled my daughter to help me label and shrink wrap them. She's getting 5cents per tube, lol. It would be good to do them next weekend when I have a 4 day weekend.

Ok my soapy things for today. I posted a new video, if interested youtube.com/earthlykisses. I listed a flash sale on my website. I'm currently soaking my dirty soap dishes. Later today I'll be playing with my new tiny slab mold and making some message oils to list on my site. And I still have to find some shows to sign up for. Wheew. I'm tired.

Here is a cold process soap i made yesterday and cut today. Scented with Bubble Gum
IMG_1522091740.201295.jpg

I made 6 dozen crispy snickerdoodle cookies ... with some of the (perfectly edible and fresh) lard that I also happen to use for soaping.

Does this count as a soapy thing? :cool:

All of my orders have come in except for WSP, which should be here Thursday, so last night I unpacked and logged everything in. Spent far too much time smelling my new FO's from BCN. Thoughts so far....

Almond Cherry: heavier on the almond than WSP that I currently use, but I think a more balanced and rounded fragrance
Sandalwood: this is the one that a local wax melter uses and it is lovely, but a bit perfumey OOB
Sandalwood BCS Original: this.one. this one smells like true sandalwood. so.good. I hope it soaps well.
Lemongrass: really dark color. smells like the essential oil
Log Cabin: omg. ew. Unless you like burning pine trees. Maybe it will be better in soap.
Crushed Ginger: Love this one. I think I'm going to make a kombucha soap with it for my boochy friend at work.

Last night I also melted down all of my cocoa butter so I could get it split out into smaller packages. Also pre-measured coconut oil and shea butter into bags for masterbatching later. Usually I dread measuring and weighing for masterbatching, but the last few times I have discovered that if I spend an hour one night bagging up as much coconut oil, shea butter, whatever, and then the next night all i have to do is verify my weights and dump it all in the pot... I don't procrastinate doing it.

Tonight I have to teach Confirmation kids, so it will be after 9 before I get home. I'm hoping I get the masterbatching done, and then Thursday I can do the snake shed soap (yep, gonna do it) and the sandalwood test batches (I have two other sandalwood FO's from other companies that I haven't tried yet, so I'll do those too). I have Friday and Monday off work, but I'm having my mom and for sure one of my sisters over for Easter... so I should probably clean my house on Friday. I do need to make bubble scoops again too. It feels really good to be excited about making soap again.

Back