What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was gearing up to make a soap right now and bam: I mixed up the weights for the PO and CO. I didn't even catch it until after I added EVOO. The soap should still come out nice, but I only wanted to make a pound of soap to test out a CO/PO combo I was thinking of...
:headbanging:
This is why I am now getting ready to go to sleep. I'll soap later.

So annoying but so easy to do. :(

I watched SoapTube, I mean YouTube when I should have been getting kids ready for school. Saw a soaper with a MP shop learning how to CP. Kind of neat-- he's showing his learning as he goes, sharing in the description the things he felt were mistakes. But, according to his reply to some of the comments, he's already selling them in his shop, though he only started posting the videos a couple of days ago.

I watched SoapTube, I mean YouTube when I should have been getting kids ready for school. Saw a soaper with a MP shop learning how to CP. Kind of neat-- he's showing his learning as he goes, sharing in the description the things he felt were mistakes. But, according to his reply to some of the comments, he's already selling them in his shop, though he only started posting the videos a couple of days ago.

That is scary...

I finally got around to making my de-funk-de-pitts deodorant the night before leaving for Spring Training.

Last night I arrived in Dodge City, Kansas and after settling in for the night, made my first batch of Black Background soap as a test run for the March SMF challenge. Glad I planned it as a test run. The brand new bottle of Mad Oils FO wouldn't open after numerous attempts, including sitting it cap-down in an ice bucket. So I made the soap without FO. Then a couple hours later, I took it out of the refrigerator, where I'd left it to sit, and the cap came off easy as pie. Of course I had just put the soap to bed. At least I can use the FO in tonight's batch.

I'll be cutting that tonight as well, but first I have to get back on the road.

That is scary...

What she ^ said. :Kitten Love:

The batches of soap, four different scents/design.
Charcoal/Tea tree
Lavender
Eucalyptus
Beer (my favorite smell)

1488944468184.jpg

Made my very first ever batch of liquid soap. After some fits and surprises, it came out a clear honey color and texture! :p

I'm happy with it, but it does seem a touch harsh so I'm going to super fat it with 3% meadow foam seed oil once I get some polysorbate 80 and some meadow foam seed oil...LOL. Meadowfoam I can get locally, unfortunately the polysorbate 80 has to be ordered. My local soap supplier only stocks the polysorbate 20.

Soapy Thing I did Today

Finally organized the Aleppo soap and liquid shampoo I made...smelling and looking good

AleppoSOAPS.jpg

AleppoShampoo.jpg

I made my first scented batch yesterday.

I also washed my hands with my first soap I made two weeks ago (I know, I know...) and it was very nice ! I was surprised by the lather since I wasn't expecting much. There weren't many big bubbles but it was way creamier than our usual syndet bar of choice. It didn't feel drying at all, but I'll still put it away to try it again next week for comparison.

My s.o. also tried it and was also pleasantly surprised. I might have won her over !

I took the pictures of my first soaps who photograph well (ie. aren't horribly mangled from being poured in a ziploc sandwich container or a milk carton).

The one on the left is my first try at swirling in the pot. There's not much swirl goign on, probably because I poured in single bar molds. I used cocoa powder to colour, along with a vanilla based fragrance. The second bar is a simple hemp soap with pine and cedarwood EO. I added poppy seed since I like ''stuff'' in my soap.

n3t75h.jpg

After a 3 week hiatus from soapmaking, I was finally able to get back in the lab! So today I made Kentish Rain (WSP), Lime Margarita (combo of WSP FO and lime EO) with lots of French green clay, Geranium (EO) with lots of French pink clay, and my black entry for the monthly challenge. I was stuck at home in a blizzard so it was a good day to make soap!

Other news: I sold my house, fiancee and I found a new house and had the offer accepted, so all that is left is to sell his house! If anyone has any advice for moving a soap lab, please PM me. I'm freaking out a bit...

Latest posts

Back