What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing a little happy dance over here. I just made my second batch of liquid soap base (well, third if you count my green soap) and it went perfectly! This time, I did 25% CO, 10% castor, and 65% OO. Now to let it do it's thing until it's a paste. Tomorrow (or later tonight), I dilute. I love, love, love the glycerin liquid soap method!

I'm fighting the winter crud. Can't breath, coughing and everything hurts. I won't be soaping this weekend but I'm enjoying everyone's efforts.

We have a customer who buys uncut loaves. Normally, I make a batch and just don't cut one of the loaves. Apparently I'm a moron because I cut all of the loaves of one batch. Yesterday I had to remake it plus another.

I found two cardboard boxes in my home that turned out to be the perfect size to make 3lb slab molds. I think they count as slab because they are 6 inches wide giving me 2 rows of 3" wide bars. I'm really happy because I wouldn't find a commercially made mold at 3" wide which is what I really wanted. And because they are cardboard and all of my soaps are goats milk they should really help with keeping the heat down, opposed to the wood mold I almost bought. #TeamNoGel! Lol

I'm fighting the winter crud. Can't breath, coughing and everything hurts. I won't be soaping this weekend but I'm enjoying everyone's efforts.

Feel better soon! My coworkers and family are in Houston - it seems like everyone I talk to from there is fighting the crud. Folks at my office are all swearing that Starbuck's chai makes them feel better. Of course, that could be just an excuse to run for coffee and leave meetings early. :)

I haven't soaped in months. But today I decided to make my first coffee inspired soap.

It's Castor, Cocoa Butter, Coconut oil, OO, Rice Bran Oil, Shea butter and Coffee Butter. There's also: 100% Unsweetened Cocoa, Coffee House FO, Salted Carmel FO, Dead Sea Salt mixed with Aborigine Brown Mica from Rustic Escentuals and Ground Kona Carmel Coffee grounds. Lol it smells soo good it smells like uncooked caramel brownie batter.

1453087113568.jpg

1453087124004.jpg

Feel better deedles! I've been fighting thru a monster cold too. I was going to do my second attempt at the challenge but then decided to sleep all day. I did manage to make a batch of shave soap (Songwind's original recipe using DeeAnna's method and eo mix). It was so easy and turned out beautiful! I can't wait to try it out.

I finally organised a little bit of my soap room. So now instead of being 90% junk storage with soap its now only 89% junk storage with soap in one small area of said room. I really need to get in there and de-pile all my storage boxes (stuff I cant do anything with in a rental house) and decide what I want to keep or throw away. maybe on the weekend. maybe

I haven't soaped in months. But today I decided to make my first coffee inspired soap.

Mmmm, sounds delishious. This looks like something I easily could gobble down with my coffee.
Great, now I want coffee.
And chocolate.
Enabler
t1990.gif

I had a very productive weekend. I got 6 more batches of soap out and am almost done re-organizing my soapy room. Holy cow it was a disaster. I have a bit more to go though.

I've been ordering supplies since I kind of let things run low while I'm one-handed. Micas, molds, FOs, and assorted additives. I also got stuff today I forgot ordering...a new scale, an infrared thermometer and a 3 pack of mini mixers... Now all I need is for the hoodlums to go back to school tomorrow...lol...

I trimmed my beer bars and my eucalyptus/spearmint bars, AND I made DIY lightbox for photographing soap! As a hobbyist photographer, some of the photos I've taken of my soaps have hurt my own feelings a bit, lol. Especially during this season when it's only light for what seems like 20 seconds per day. Spending all that time crafting pretty soaps and then taking crap pictures of them was getting old! Better get to work on more soaps so I can use it :twisted::twisted:

I trimmed my beer bars and my eucalyptus/spearmint bars, AND I made DIY lightbox for photographing soap! As a hobbyist photographer, some of the photos I've taken of my soaps have hurt my own feelings a bit, lol. Especially during this season when it's only light for what seems like 20 seconds per day. Spending all that time crafting pretty soaps and then taking crap pictures of them was getting old! Better get to work on more soaps so I can use it :twisted::twisted:
Hi, BlackDog! I use a DIY light box for my photos as well....I usually take my photos first thing in the morning. I am by no means a professional, but am so picky with my lighting and tone. Since it has been overcast here and a but cooler in SoCal, it really helps with the pics...NO SHADOWS! [emoji6] and truer colors. Enjoy experimenting with your light box! Mine is so amateur-ish, but works very well with what I try to acheive.

I've been ordering supplies since I kind of let things run low while I'm one-handed. Micas, molds, FOs, and assorted additives. I also got stuff today I forgot ordering...a new scale, an infrared thermometer and a 3 pack of mini mixers... Now all I need is for the hoodlums to go back to school tomorrow...lol...

Mini mixers....
Drool.....

I made tea for my kitchen soap....I think I have enough tea for 6# of soap...lol. It has coffee grounds in it as well as tea in place of water.

I'll be making the kitchen soap as well as a oatmeal honey soap.
Gift wrap them as a "complete breakfast" lol ....will post pics of it all when done.

Back