What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a really rough start, I made liquid soap!
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1452373814.999083.jpg

I think so. I used water to oil as 38%, but I think maybe I need to use water:lye as 3:1? Also, my stove is not forgiving on heat. I need to keep it low if I try again.

I'm guessing in the first part. I had plenty of time while cooking my soap to research what might be wrong.

It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it; otherwise it's just an experience.

I did some m&p and cp experimenting today. I made a coffee, ac, and kaolin clay m&p soap variety. I used natural colorants and ended up with some of it not blending in well for a solid color, it is speckled.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1452386093.307261.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1452386106.208093.jpg
Followed by a bastile cp soap batch. I added salt to the lye and kaolin clay and ac to my mix. I used neroli, ylang ylang and lavender eo's. I even tried swirling after seeing all the cool pics on here, inspiration! :)
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1452386123.843945.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySoap Making1452386070.836910.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySoap Making1452386070.836910.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 143
Okay, I've had a beer or two White Witch, but is that a VW bug, some tiki heads, and then smiling poop piles in your picture?

I cut 2 batches with my new cutter. Man i love this thing. It's so much easier than the old way. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1452386844.841026.jpg

I made one high lard with red clay and charcoal scented with citrus oil blend.
The other one is a menthol, Rosemary, eucalyptus, tea tree scented charcoal bentonite oatmeal soap

I'm in the process of diluting my liquid soap; made another batch of beer soap yesterday and plan on making some hand cream for a co-worker after my husband leaves to play with the boys (time alone!! YAY!!). I also put in an order for some soap and lotion making supplies.

I might even make a batch of lard based soap today if my daughter and the grandkids don't show up.

I did some m&p and cp experimenting today. I made a coffee, ac, and kaolin clay m&p soap variety. I used natural colorants and ended up with some of it not blending in well for a solid color, it is speckled.
View attachment 18590
View attachment 18591
Followed by a bastile cp soap batch. I added salt to the lye and kaolin clay and ac to my mix. I used neroli, ylang ylang and lavender eo's. I even tried swirling after seeing all the cool pics on here, inspiration! :)
View attachment 18592
The speckling looks fantastic! Really generates interest and looks like stone! Great job!

Absolutely nothing. I'm gearing up for a second B&W batch for the challenge but really struggling with a scent choice. I just haven't been motivated to soap this weekend, having the soap blahs.

Going to watch some soap technique videos to hopefully get inspired.

Thus far this weekend I have made, 3 batches of soap, gotten a tattoo, played a game of Catan, finished book 6 of Harry Potter, and gone for a run.

Thus far this weekend I have made, 3 batches of soap, gotten a tattoo, played a game of Catan, finished book 6 of Harry Potter, and gone for a run.

You run? I need to get myself motivated again since it went and got cold and I went and got holiday fat and my cute running clothes aren't as cute...

And I went off-topic. Is your tattoo in the tattoo thread? Any exciting soaps? With a name like yours, do you knit or spin and if so are you on ravelry?

Got 8 batches of soap made. Feeling somewhat accomplished. Not as much as planned but I've been sick and just starting to feel better. So, not complaining. Felt good to make soap again.

You run? I need to get myself motivated again since it went and got cold and I went and got holiday fat and my cute running clothes aren't as cute...

And I went off-topic. Is your tattoo in the tattoo thread? Any exciting soaps? With a name like yours, do you knit or spin and if so are you on ravelry?

I've started running again. I have really bad knees and desperately need to lose at least 20 pounds, for joint health. I'm slow, and I walk almost as much as I run, but I have to get into better shape for my health.

The soaps are all for restocking. We have 1 customer who buys full loaves. We dropped off an order last week and the asked for the same thing again because of the 8 week lead time.

And I posted a pic of the tat last night. I'm still kinda freaked out that I actually went through with it. It ended up larger than I anticipated because of the font choice. But, I love the font, so bigger it was.

My name is Deedles and it's been 74 days since I soaped!

I've been fighting allergies and a chest cold for what seems forever with our weather, so I haven't done much at all. I got an impulse sealer for my birthday so today I finally got all my soap shrink wrapped. My curing shelves are empty! My order with AC should be here this week so I've been thinking of ideas for the black and white soap challenge. Try swirls, that will most likely end up plop and dump, or go for something simple? I need to decide soon!

Back