What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In addition to the two batches of beer soap, I made a Valentine's soap, made with all sorts of lovely oils and even a bit of heavy cream. It didn't turn out quite the way I'd envisioned it but that's ok; it's pink and white and scented with lemongrass and ylang ylang.

Cut last night's oatmeal stout. It turned out great! A few air pockets but Much better than I expected.
Forgot the picture.... The kids shared their cold from Hades with me so I'm a bit slow today.

1450874459269.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous oatmeal stout soap!

Started making soap for the 2016 season. One new addition is plain white unscented soap. I had made some to cut up and add to another soap. Had leftovers that sold like hotcakes! Nice not to worry about colors and fo!

Finally got my shaving soap out of the pvc tubes, thanks to someone here who puts it in a hot oven (switched off) for 10 minutes, it did the trick. It's now cut and drying in my soap room

Had grand daughter cut a tan rebatch.
Her first cut. Not too bored for a teenager.

Thanks for the inspiration, Steve. After reading your post, I decided it was a good time to try rebatching my first hidden feather attempt. The soap thickened too quickly to do a proper hidden feather. Nothing wrong with the soap other than the fact it was only an inch or so in height. It's on the stove in a boiling water bath right now. I'll add a couple of ingredients (like scent) once it's all melted and then we'll see how my first attempt at rebatching goes.

What method did you use? I'm using the double ziplock bag method.

This season has been a whirlwind. l am now working on replenishing my stock as Christmas wiped me out. Working on Valentine's soaps, made heart embeds last weekend so this weekend I'll make soap with them, also blended a new fragrance - Mimosa.

My son is on Christmas break so I won't be able to make soap all next week. But I'm still trying to keep busy with gifts, planning next year's soaps, and organizing.

Today I finished putting together the gifts baskets for my mom and mother-in-law. Agonized over what soap to gift to my dad but I gave up when I realized he probably won't use it anyway.

I also ran out to meet a customer who wanted to buy some last minute soapy gifts. She gave me some great validation when she told me how much her son's dry skin has improved after using my soap for two weeks. She also mentioned a family member that just moved into an assisted living facility so I threw in a free soap and a small lotion bar for her.

Thanks for the inspiration, Steve. After reading your post, I decided it was a good time to try rebatching my first hidden feather attempt. The soap thickened too quickly to do a proper hidden feather. Nothing wrong with the soap other than the fact it was only an inch or so in height. It's on the stove in a boiling water bath right now. I'll add a couple of ingredients (like scent) once it's all melted and then we'll see how my first attempt at rebatching goes.

What method did you use? I'm using the double ziplock bag method.

I use a crock pot and set it on low with just enough water to start the process. Takes patience. I will add water if I am getting up around high water gel temps before I get to where I can get the soap into a mold. Did I say it takes patience? Took almost all day to get two messes melted and into their final mold but now they are usable soaps.
I just couldn't stand to toss either one into the garbage pile.

Steve

I made hemp soap and added some hemp powder....what started out a pea green morphed into a nice chocolate brown. Anyways I like how it turned out.
Tonight I'm making pumice soap.

I also ordered a soap cutter from bud haffner. So excited to be getting that in the mail!!!

I'm labeling the soaps that I made in the spring...I'm a tad shy of illiterate when it comes to computers so I'm hand writing on avery oval labels....some say it adds a certain character to the soaps...I am amazed at how much time it takes and how small I can write with the correct pen...these labels go on the backs of biodegradable bags which I snip out a corner of to allow for air and a place to sniff....
In the long run I saved money today by not running around for post Christmas deals...I'll do plenty of damage tonight with Wholesale Supplies Plus sale...

Made and cut my first batch from masterbatched oils. Why did I wait so long to do this? Not worrying about forgetting an oil freed up my mind to focus on other things! Will be picking up more lard today to masterbatch my Shea butter recipe. In the meantime here is my first attempt at a rainbow monkey farts bar. Pretty happy overall as every color is present in every bar. The FO worked beautifully.

1451309004568.jpg

Back