What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got brave and tried a low amount of Lust in an HP soap....it isn't banished to the back porch so that's a start.
Did some apple mango soaps...washed dishes...and got figured out which crockpot will replace the one I might've killed.
And now I go to work! wheeeee

Today I went by my woodworker guy and relished in what he created out of my ideas. PERFECTION! This man is incredible! It still amazes me how people I hire to work for me and with me GET ME! That, or I'm just very blessed to have such creative people surrounding me. Anyway, wooden soap decks DONE, craft booth soap displays DONE, wooden crates for samples ALMOST done. :)

Haven't done anything soapy yet because I'm still trying to recover from the Thanksgiving food-coma but I may do a batch of shaving croap tomorrow. I did make a small batch of un-petroleum lip balms last night to test out some new flavor oils. They will probably end up as stocking stuffers for my guinea-pig family members. I gifted everyone with a Lemon & Rosemary salt scrub at Thanksgiving so hopefully they won't be burned out on the homemade goodies.

I was also inspired by a recent thread about lard/tallow lotion bars so decided to experiment with a whipped tallow body butter. It was 90% beef tallow, 10% avocado oil with some tapioca starch (to cut the greasy feel) and essential oils to mask any hint of 'beefy' smell from the tallow (peppermint, spruce, rosemary, cedarwood & sweet birch). I think it will be awesome for my scaly winter legs and it already seems much lighter than my whipped body butters that actually use a blend of butters (shea, cocoa, kokum usually). I'm also thinking about using this stuff like a cold cream/makeup remover just for kicks.

Only unpacked and cataloged and dated my small order from Be Scented. They had a moving sale so I thought it was a good time to buy a few bath bomb colorants, another yellow mica and a few FO's.

My kitchen is still torn apart (no cabinets and in general, a mess); so I probably won't be soap making for another month; but i think I may be able to make some bath bombs if I can find some of my supplies which are probably buried behind all those boxes of contents from the old kitchen cabinets! :-(

I bought BB winter gardenia and for a week it smelt like toothpaste. It's a bit nicer now, I think.

BB champagne has infiltrated the whole house. I like it, I think.

BB crisp cotton is not what I thought it would be. I was hoping it smelt like clean clothes washed in nice washing powder. Or those fresh linen room deodorisers. But it is sort of a vague flowery smell.

When I use them in the shower (and have time to think how to describe the scents) I will review them properly. I have to say I am a bit disappointed in them all so far.

I've read on here about soap - does that count?? I miss making soap - I've not made any since I did the October challenge tutorial in September!!! Moved house 2 weeks ago and now studying for another exam - hope it's not gonna be next year now!!

It's my one year soap anniversary this week!!

I took advantage of the free shipping sale at Nurture and ordered some new micas to play with. My daughter is in town and we spent the afternoon making lefse. It warms my heart to see the young ones embracing the Norwegian family traditions. Might have a chance to make a batch of soap tomorrow - finally!

• Created a much needed batch of laundry soap. Used an unscented lard soap that I'd made a few weeks ago.
  • Made HP shampoo bars scented with lavender, sage and cedarwood and used some infused olive oil.
  • Then I made a goat & oat milk body bar (had a moment of panic when the milk/lye solution thickened up on me) used lard along with other oils in this one. Scented with lavender and sage essential oils. Whole house smells amazing. Didn't want to take a chance on it cracking like my last one so soaped super cool and got it right into the fridge. So far so good.

Making a soap themed Christmas wish-list because I have blown through my essential oil and carrier oil supply.

I made another small batch of dental soap today, in addition to a small batch (9 ounces) of eye cream that I'll be sharing with my daughter and my mom. Now, I'm having a glass of wine and contemplating what to do for the rest of this Grey Cup Sunday.... probably knit a bit.

Made my first peacock swirl!

I used the soapqueen peacock swirl recipe, and end up using the Baby Huggies scent (which kind of grew on me after I let a few drops sit on a cotton ball).

It was kind of stressful to orchestrate as I dont have enough spatulas to mix all the colours when they get grainy. I should just get those squeeze bottles.
The only thing I hate about those is cleaning them though.

And I need a slightly sturdier swirling tool (right now it's just bamboo skewers hot glued against cardboard).

I also ended up making a loaf with the Vanilla Forest scent.

Can't wait to cut both into slices:)

image.jpg

I wrapped the Blue Soap from Hades. Our weather finally dried out enough the bars feel waxy instead of greasy so I took the chance and wrapped them in Saran wrap. Not sure if they'll stay dry when the humidity returns this week. Worst case, I guess, is I'll unwrap and dry some more.

I'm beginning to think maybe shrink wrapping will be a good investment. With my lack of space I need to be able to store cured soap packed in a tub or box so I'm thinking shrink wrapping would be the best option, especially with Texas' Gulf Coast weather! I need to research the options for that process.

I'm trying really hard to resist another soaping session, we're covered up in bars already!

I made 1 liter of all purpose cleaner, with cocobetaine and d'lemonene, and few others things in it. The best kitchen cleaner I even had, it cleans the oven too:))

I finally cleaned up soap dishes from a week ago. Then I made up a lotion bar with avocado oil and cocoa butter to see if it helps whatever I have going on with my legs lately. And I made some whipped butter with 75% cocoa butter and 25% avocado oil.

Your peacock swirl is beautiful, can't believe it's your first!

You nailed it - beautiful!!

Thanks so much:)

I really can't wait to make more!
Making slightly bigger batches (900g oils as opposed to my usual 500g) really lets you play around with designs/techniques more..Though, soon, it also leaves you with enough soap to last you a lifetime ;)

Today I accidentally inhaled a crumb of soap. Ensue copious sneezing and prickly feeling. :eek:

Attempted an HP castile soap. Not really sure if soap or playdough....
Washed dishes and plotted next batch...done! LOL

Latest posts

Back