What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got in my order of micas from nuture and my coconut oil...soap time :).
Realized I should've gotten a pink , I got every other color...sigh!

Made a couple batches of HP soap, washed soap dishes twice, and plotted wrapping/labels...my cutting skills aren't so good so I'm going to either have to weight the lowest bar or write the weights individually...yea I know its just friends getting these but still...

Hi All! I'm new around here, but not new to soap making. Today I checked the stages of several different soaps that are curing for holiday gifts; checking scent and hardness . Did some research on scent/fragrance oil as that seems to be my achilles heel in making soap. I discovered the fragrance database here which is phenomenal! Thanks to you all for that!

After scent studies, I made a 1lb batch of hot process soap with banana puree. Used a basic tried and true recipe with olive oil and coconut oil but the little experiment was a bit hapless and the batter started ricing. I was so confused by the results that I just blended the whole thing up until it was in some kind of strange sort of gel stage and slapped it in mold. Will check tomorrow and eventually PH test it to see whether it is a lost cause or not.

Now I'll drop by the introduction forum to introduce myself. It was an educational soaping day!

Got a gallon of OO at the store today so I just had to:
MaKe my first batch of CPOP with milk since the wife left the carton out the other night.
Small batch, remembered to freeze the milk. Turned a nice shade of yellow in the lye / milk mix but the color disappeared in the process.
The batch was so small I didn't bother with a loaf.

Staring woefully at challenge attempt #2 in the mold. I was feeling really confident until I looked over and saw my unadded FO sitting there. Guess I was so excited about remembering the sodium lactate... Well if the swirl came out right I will be happy. I needed to make an unscented coconut milk soap anyways... (Still frustrated though!)

I left a bunch of soaps for the people moving into our house
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1447439945.014861.jpg

Today after I go shopping for some soapy additives and what not, I will be cutting my first batch of soap that I swirled using a wire hanger. I'm really excited to see what it looks like.-- I have to wash my dishes right away when I make soap or else my mother would yell and let's face it I'm a clean freak and it bothers me too much.

I made soap! It's been at least a month maybe longer.

Someone as uncoordinated as I am probably shouldn't be doing this.

It's evergreen BTW.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1447447607.034104.jpg

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1447447619.784801.jpg

Feeling kind of productive today. Got a lot accomplished.

1. Made a batch of bath bombs
2. Masterbatched 6 batches worth of my oils and then put them into smaller containers
3. Cleaned my soaping room and organized things that needed to be organized
4. Made a batch of soap with my son's favorite scent; VA Candle Supply's Abercrombie Fierce
5. Did the prep work for a new technique that I will be trying tomorrow.

might have gone a little overboard on the turmeric
12227633_705727466224_6948372068056033700_n.jpg

Please tell me I'm not the only one using a freezer to store soap. I think I need more room....

12246872_705727481194_88151555737588714_n.jpg

Also whipped up a test batch for lotion bars. Those bad boys are cooling out on the porch.

I made soap! It's been at least a month maybe longer.

Someone as uncoordinated as I am probably shouldn't be doing this.

It's evergreen BTW.

View attachment 17596

View attachment 17597

Never I saw the photo of your cut soap in the other thread. Looks a bit messy uncut in the mold but looks absolutely wonderful cut which is the important part. Lovely soap.

Cut my first attempt at the Nov challenge soap when I got home from work at 4 this morning. Then when I woke up this afternoon, I took pics of them, did all my soapy dishes and tools, and began plotting out a possible second attempt :)

Today I ran the new recipe through SoapCalc and printed it out. Then I sorted through my soaping supplies to make sure I had everything I need and I watched the video again to make sure I've got the process in the front part of my brain! This swirly stuff takes work!

Back