What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually have it sitting on the end table next to me and I keep prodding it. :p :p Just smoothing out the lumpy bits on the top. I did use a bit that was stuck to the spatula that I stirred it with and got nice lather with it.

I just have to find the patience to leave it in the mold until it stops being so squishy.

I actually have it sitting on the end table next to me and I keep prodding it. :p :p Just smoothing out the lumpy bits on the top. I did use a bit that was stuck to the spatula that I stirred it with and got nice lather with it.

I just have to find the patience to leave it in the mold until it stops being so squishy.

Congratulations!!! It's hard to wait, I know, I started with hp first too. Oh the joy...

I took my kid to the store to price around oils after school today. Do I win the bad, boring mommy award? I also bought coconut milk and refined coconut oil. Brine bar attempt in the make!

I made Nag Champa coconut milk soap last night with my first attempt at a hangar swirl. The Teenager named this one Hot Dog soap (because it looks like mayo ketchup and mustard) and had the daughter convinced it would smell like hot dogs! Sigh. Apparently I need to run all soap ideas through him first. He named last week's chocolate patchouli bar "if king Midas gave a crap" (the soap has gold mica in it in addition to being colored brown by the chocolate). Teenagers...

1445430260019.jpg

Ok I almost lost my tea on the king midas thing. Use him for ideas LOL

Curious to see the cut on the hot dog soap :)

I'm doing sniff tests of freshly made test bars. Two have gotten put in the "do NOT smell this until cured" pile because ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

I agree with the whole new marketing bent - your teen is on to something!

My 8 year old has half days this week (hooray!) We made 2 two lb loaves of soap - and she did one called a "5 color wiggle swirl!" all by herself. (darn! forgot to get a pic of her in her kid goggles and gloves). She's very proud of herself!

Btw, used BB's Sunny Herb Garden and it behaved very well, very happy with the scent so far - it's a touch bit brighter in soap than oob.

Also used Rustic Escentuals Mediterranean Fig with no problems. Smells better in soap than oob - sweeter.

I tape a plastic bag to my counter and keep a sharpie handy.

OMG I love this. I use a notebook, I'm not that creative, but this looks handy. I put my notes in the computer later under One Note, and flesh them out, telling myself what I liked and didn't, noting mishaps, etc.

Cause I usually always have something really good or really bad I want to remember!

I took over 2 cabinets in the kitchen for soap stuff...from pringles cans to pitchers and thermometers ,stamps, and small amounts of charcoals etc in small plastic containers.So I'm organizing...just went to the post office for my WilliamHouseKorea molds....yes they're expensive but I haven't seen more beautifully made molds anywhere...

Made a 40oz log of hand soap with pumice using BB's Pink Grapefruit FO. Tried my first swirl with rose clay and yellow clay as colorants. Also first time using a bit of stearic acid and first time using lye concentration instead of water:total oils and tried the lowest lye concentration I've used so far at 30%. Went pretty well overall. Medium-light trace almost instantly, but it stayed there for a good, long time. I suspect the swirl may be more subtle than I intended. We'll see in two days.

Last night I bought some storage containers (small) so I can better store and organize my soaps. I also placed my first ever soap supply order, lol. Glitter! And a couple of fragrance samples. I'm looking forward to the new scents and my mailman covered in glitter and full of hate. :)

All I'm trying to do today is download my last soap making video (the hidden feather swirl), on to my computer. After first try, it looks like only about 3/4 of the video downloaded. So, I re-charged the camera and played it back on the camera to make sure the whole video was there, and it was. So now, after viewing the making and cutting parts, I'm have to re-charge the camera again!
Looks like I may not get to edit this tonight, even if I do manage to download the complete video.

Couldn't resist messing around with last night's soap. Pretty hard but not hard enough. I was trying to take the liner out of the mold. Slipped and instinctively grabbed to keep from dropping it. Stuck my fingers right into it. (it's about as hard as Italian style shaving soap.) As I cursed the damaged top, I made the lye connection. Touched a tiny bit to my tongue and got zapped, then rushed inside to wash it off. So I got my first zap AND my first lye burn (a very mild one - nothing more than a slight reddening.) Quite the "productive" day.

Latest posts

Back