What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a batch yesterday, attempting the clyde slide, SB too much yet again, so it came out too thick. I didn't get the pretty wispy colors I was aiming for, but it didn't come out too bad. I think I used too much natural colorant, but I kinda like it :)

uploadfromtaptalk1443904520696.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1443904535633.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1443904548094.jpg

made 2 - 2lb batches of soap this morning. Batch 1 is FB's Fir Needle Forest, with a splash of BB's Sensual Sandalwood (I think it smells like cedar). Batch 2 is FB's Twisted Peppermint.

12096526_701652941604_7514260848350302417_n.jpg

I just unmolded an beveled the below beauty. This was my second attempt this week at making this design (Soaping101's pencil-line design). The first batch a few days ago did not come out as planned and is not picture-worthy, and for the most part it is also not what I consider to be 'gift-worthy', so I took stock of my mistakes, got back up on the proverbial horse and gave it another go yesterday. I'm so much more happy with this one:

IMG_3223Blue SugarCropped640.JPG

IrishLass :)

Found a jar if co in the beer fridge so I put together a test batch of salt bars. Only used 65% co as that was all I could do with the amount that I had. It will be enough to at least see if salt bars are the way to go for my coworkers snarky bar replacement. Took photos of soap for sale for FB.

IL those are gorgeous yet again....they remind me of granite...can't you see a countertop with that look???As my Asian best friend would say..."TOP DOLLAH!"

I just unmolded an beveled the below beauty. This was my second attempt this week at making this design (Soaping101's pencil-line design). The first batch a few days ago did not come out as planned and is not picture-worthy, and for the most part it is also not what I consider to be 'gift-worthy', so I took stock of my mistakes, got back up on the proverbial horse and gave it another go yesterday. I'm so much more happy with this one:

Wow, that's really pretty! Golden heaven!

Did you do the one he showed in his first video of it or the second? He got a more wispy look in the second one when he just poured the batter horizontally down the center of the mold.

Can't wait to see his next refinement of the technique.

Gigi, I think it looks really cool...WTG!

It won't let me see the image :(

Did you do the one he showed in his first video of it or the second? He got a more wispy look in the second one when he just poured the batter horizontally down the center of the mold.

Can't wait to see his next refinement of the technique.

June I'm not sure which I watched, I watched so many, but I'm trying to learn how to get those beautiful wispy swirls

My dad came over and asked if I had gotten any further on shaving soap. I told him I still needed to order the KOH. So, he tossed me a few bucks to order it faster. With any luck, it will be here by the weekend!!!

(Insert Muppet arm flail here) Yay!!!

Back