What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut my cylinder loaf tonight and tried another red loaf....I am giving up on my liquid colors and trying some natural powder colors....hopefully I'll get better colors then. I'm starting to think I'll not ever get beautiful vibrant colors.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1422144615.839733.jpg

^^^Those look fun!

I made a batch of my favorite fragrance ever, toffee sugar crunch from Daystar. Its a milk soap with added honey and oatmeal too. Used up the last of my cocoa butter and shea butters in it too. This baby is all for me... Can't wait!!!

Just pulled out my very first slab mold batch from the wooden molds I got from that soaper buy-out I scored. This should make 30 bars, three logs cut into 1" bars. The molds came with a rudimentary log splitter, we'll see how well it works.

slabmold.jpg

I just tried a wine soap with some leftover Chardonnay that I was never going to finish drinking (love wine - hate Chardonnays). I used BB Bordeaux Blend, which I read mostly favorable reviews of compared to other wine-type FOs. Well, it smells like straight-up grape KoolAid. It's supposed to cure to a more wine-like scent which I really, really hope it true, because it smells pretty bad right now.

Reason #567 why having a cat-free zone to soap in is going to be great - I was rendering tallow (got some beef fat from my butcher :) ) when I realized the cat who had been stalking the kitchen was no longer around. I found her on top of my soap, which I had covered with a towel and left in the living room (the warmest room) to gel. So now the soap top that I was actually kinda proud of is a giant mush of kitty imprint. I guess I should have known she'd find the warmest object in the room and try to sleep on it.

Forumlating a lotion recipe... there is soo much information out there I think I'll have to put down the spreadsheet and just trial by error until I get what I want.

I bought some lard tonight but it says it has bha, propyl gallate and citric acid.

Is this safe to use in soap or should I find something better??

Last edited:
Bought lard and coconut oil, made a big batch of 100 percent coconut oil soap for laundry butter. It's so hard and white and smells really nice. I can't wait to have jars of the creamy stuff stacked up.

Soap labels

My last WS order arrived late afternoon yesterday, so I got that unpacked after dinner and then spent the evening designing a soap label using the free software at the Avery labels website,

Jennifer from BeScented put up a video on you tube showing how it's done which was very helpful. So I ordered some blank, Avery clone (cheaper) VHS labels from Amazon. Can't wait to see how my design prints on my ink jet printer.

My all around cleaning soap bars just made today with coconut oil, olive oil and sunflower oil and scented free.ImageUploadedBySoap Making1422370981.667800.jpg

The soap thing I did today was take some order's for our lard that we are processing from our pigs. It is nice to share my lard wealth. I personally cut my soap and put it on curing racks.

I like lard but I can't find good quality here in uk. I try once but they really smell piggy

Latest posts

Back