What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mold project

Today I made a small, one pound mold using some of the the coroplastic I bought at Lowe's hardware the other day. Tomorrow I'll use the same sheet to made a few dividers for my two pound and larger mold. I realized after I made the cuts and folds, that I didn't make it a bit bigger as I had planned, even though I measure right! The original silicone one is only 4" long, so I thought if I made it 4 1/2" long that would still give me 4 bars after trimming the ends. Unfortunately I found out that because of the thickness of the material, I should have made it closer to 5" long to get it to measure out 4 1/2".

Yesterday I bought a right angle ruler, to make measuring for new mold patterns go a lot easier and faster. Tomorrow I'll try to make a small, tall skinny mold, big enough for just 5 bars of soap.

June

Experimented with Usnea lichen as a colorant. Infused it in oils via crockpot and also put it in lye, then strained it out. Right now it looks very unimpressively yellow, versus the nice light green or olivine color I was looking for. But we shall see.

I had a huge soaping day today.......no really........I bought a potato peeler to clean up my soap and some wood skewers I am going to try some swirls with.......told ya I had a big day.......I spent about $3.50........:crazy::wave::clap::thumbup:
Oh, and I looked at my curing soap and counted weeks......

Made my last batch til my WSP order gets here. It shipped on Monday and should be here Friday. So I trimmed, wrapped and labeled some soaps. We do what we can to stay soapy-busy.

I had no intention of ordering anything for a while.

But since y'all brought it to my attention, I just had to take a peek at the WSP sale. And of course that got me interested in placing an order for some items I've been wanting even though I'd resolved to wait for a bit. But WSP didn't have some of the specific items I had on my shopping list, so I checked a few other places and found who carried the products I wanted. Just for information only, of course.

And so, even though I really had no intention of ordering anything for awhile, I placed an order at LotionCrafter anyways.

You guys are a bad influence. :shifty:

I spent waaay too much at WSP sale yesterday. It started innocently enough with "I'll just grab some SLSA and a couple of oils - that should hit the $40 minimum". It ended with "Ohhh, I can get another free FO sample if I get just $5 more". Ahem. I'm officially a FO junkie.

Don't you need to spend over $150 to get that free FO? That's waaay over that $40 minimum lol.

I spent way too much too and I have to ship internationally. I had what I needed in the cart way before the sale but I kept saying "let's see what else is on sale" :/

No soapmaking for a couple months now....but, tomorrow going to make my shave soap and work on batch (try) #5 of liquid soap. Hopefully will make soap on Friday and Saturday. I need to restock so much right now. Not complaining though as it was a really good year.

I had my 2nd attempt at a peacock swirl, not perfect but happy as its only my 6th batch

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1420041269.723857.jpg

Love LOVE the colours, Sonya-m! Also - have never ordered from WSP before - what is this sale? Is it still on?

I'm on vacation so I'm having a soap filled week! Just cut a batch I made yesterday (first time using Dead Sea Mud) and will be whipping up a new batch today (trying out an Apple Pie fragrance. yum.).

I love soaping. I wish I could just quit my job and soap all the time. lol :shifty:

Buy, spend, morning

Spent last night and part of this morning shopping for supplies and ordering from three suppliers. I'll have several new micas and other colorants, more fragrances and other things here soon. I also ordered some Bamboo silk, kaolin clay and some oils.

When the family heads back to California tomorrow morning, I'll catch up with things here at the house, and then decide what soap I want to make next. Today I'm making a small, 6 bar, tall, skinny, coroplastic mold.

Last edited:
Lol

I spent waaay too much at WSP sale yesterday. It started innocently enough with "I'll just grab some SLSA and a couple of oils - that should hit the $40 minimum". It ended with "Ohhh, I can get another free FO sample if I get just $5 more". Ahem. I'm officially a FO junkie.

I totally understand, since I did the same thing there last night. The extra items brought me into the free gift page, so I picked a glitter.

bucket swirl with alkanet and of course white. It is my first of bucket swirl so I do not know if it would be good enough to upload a pic. I think it is a nice way of starting a New year:)

Last edited:
I cut two soaps I made yesterday.
One is an orange/yuzu dropped swirl . I'm happy with the way this one looks and smells.
The other was a black/chai tea and I tried a slab mold and sort of a peacock swirl for the first time. This one turned out ok except it is cut in chunks and they are kind of too big for me.
I think it might have black bubbles also, not good.
It was fun though.:)

Getting ready to make a soap with coconut water, coconut milk, and scent it with coconut fo. :smile: Going to hp this one, no color though.

Since returning from Christmas travels I had the house to myself for 4 glorious soapy days....except for the fact that I had only one 2 lb mold....and the waiting involved. Looking forward to the wsp order with another mold.

Made aloe/carrot, fir needle/euc/lav drop swirl with 3 blues, bb's blackberry sage (LOVE this fo!) purple/green/white drop swirl, bb's omh soap with added real milk, honey and oatmeal. It stinks. Like old plastic; so I added clove eo to try to help it. We'll see.

Back