What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unmolded two loaves of pine tar soap (cut one, letting the other sit for another day or so), cut, beveled and photographed a Taiwan swirl soap, and finally, made a restock of another soap.

Shipped out soapy orders and received two orders of fragrance oils. Time to play with some new scents!

Busy soap day today. :)

I used essential oils, I think I used something along the lines 1.2 oz spearmint, .6 oz peppermint, .2 oz eucalyptus but I am not very good at exact measurements. This was a 2 lb batch so an ounce per pound. Its turned into one of my favorite batches now. :)

Just double checked my notes - I used 1.5 oz total in a 2lb batch, 32 oz oils. Still probably too high usage rate but not as bad as I initially though.

Going to make a small batch of 100% coconut oil soap now that my digital scale arrived and another experimental batch of soap with added butter. I may want to do a 100% butter soap some day but it'll probably be very soft and melt away very fast .... HMMMM.

Cheers Neeners & Ruthie. Didn't manage to make that soap today after all. Opened my container of lye and it was liquefied. My drains are now fabulous. Will go shopping and try again tomorrow. Fail!

Made a 100% coconut soap and another one with added butter, which might have been a bad idea because one or two ants are finding their way to my soap

Made a 100% coconut soap and another one with added butter, which might have been a bad idea because one or two ants are finding their way to my soap

Just an idea: Ants hate peppermint. I had a problem in my bathroom. Put a little essential oil on a cotton ball, swiped it around, and also left the ball on the counter. The ants left!

Finally threw out my lemongrass tea tree mess. What a disaster. It almost made me not want to soap this weekend but finally got over it and made two batches today - Coconut Lime Verbena and Strawberry Jam. I think they both are looking really good so hopefully the soap gremlins are gone.

Made a batch of Frosted Cranberry Scented Coconut Milk soap and batch of Hello Honey Soy candles. See Pictures. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1407150275.585998.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1407150294.088191.jpg

Made a 100% Bay-infused Olive Oil soap, which I'll look forward to using in 6 months or so :) and two batches of tiny soaps- Lime & Ginger and Tea tree & Orange. I made two more sets of tiny soaps yesterday but the batter cooled quickly and what I thought was trace, wasn't, so those are still softish and crumbly. Fun experimenting though.

Experienced my first lye volcano yesterday!

Having made 25-30 batches in a few months I thought I was getting beyond the beginner stage but maybe I was over confident. It was a coffee soap with hazelnut FO, and I forgot that the coffee was still warm... woosh!
Luckily no harm or damage done.

Guessing everyone does this once.

Experienced my first lye volcano yesterday!

Having made 25-30 batches in a few months I thought I was getting beyond the beginner stage but maybe I was over confident. It was a coffee soap with hazelnut FO, and I forgot that the coffee was still warm... woosh!
Luckily no harm or damage done.

Guessing everyone does this once.

I felt like this too when my soap took a turn for the worse this last week. I have made over 50 batches in the last 8 months so I think the soap gods thought I was getting a little to big for my britches. :rolleyes:

Made a 100% Bay-infused Olive Oil soap

Not my day for soap yesterday it apparently. Measured perfectly, kept at an even temperature. It looked beautiful. Then this morning it was hard enough to cut but when I did....this happened. :eh:

DSC_0501.jpg

Dandelion, stinging nettle soap with a lot of goodies. Two days ago I made a shampoo bar with neem oil and it does not smell bad :))

Made a calendula soap with calendula tea and calendula infused oil. Used a little of jojoba oil that I got from the place I'm working at and ... I was ready to stick blend the mixture when I realised that it couldn't start. Had to fiddle with it before getting it to start. But before that, I topple my container and spilled half of the mixture on the floor. Sigh.

So instead of 4 bars, I end up with only 2 bars

@Jaccart789

What did you use to red that neon reddish pink color in your soap? The color is very striking and I quite like it. I've been wanting to experiment with some neon colors for a while now.

Scotsman...

That color is called Neon Tutti Fruiti by WSP/Crafters Choice. It is amazing in soap. The color looks almost bubble gum hot pink. :D

Thank you. I have to place a WSP order this week and I do believe I'll add that to the cart

Latest posts

Back